2016 Port Canaveral 3 & 4 nt.

That's just poor business, I can't believe that RCCL will leave Port Canaveral all to Carnival for the whole summer. Bad idea

Not really a big deal, they did it when the Mariner left and we waited for the Freedom to arrive.

That's just poor business, I can't believe that RCCL will leave Port Canaveral all to Carnival for the whole summer. Bad idea

They only have so many ships and there are a lot of places that they can put them. Obviously they have put the ships where they feel that they will generate the most revenue and PC for the short cruises in the summer was not one of them.

Who knows, the deployment schedule for summer of 2017 is not out yet. Maybe this is a start if a new pattern. The Rhapsody doing the 3/4 nighters out of PC in the winter months and sailing Europe during the summer months leaving PC without the short sailings in the summer.

It actually makes sense as they have moved more of the fleet to Asia which has left a shortage of ships able to sail Europe in the summer. Also according to the financial reports that have been released lately Europe is commanding higher prices while the Caribbean remains extremely competitive.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

They only have so many ships and there are a lot of places that they can put them. Obviously they have put the ships where they feel that they will generate the most revenue and PC for the short cruises in the summer was not one of them.

Who knows, the deployment schedule for summer of 2017 is not out yet. Maybe this is a start if a new pattern. The Rhapsody doing the 3/4 nighters out of PC in the winter months and sailing Europe during the summer months leaving PC without the short sailings in the summer.

It actually makes sense as they have moved more of the fleet to Asia which has left a shortage of ships able to sail Europe in the summer. Also according to the financial reports that have been released lately Europe is commanding higher prices while the Caribbean remains extremely competitive.

I agree with the business decision for the reason, however I was really surprised and bummed. I'll have to suffer for 6 months LOL. Also,no RCL sailings out of Tampa during this time!

I'm hoping this is only a temporary change.

Then they should have held on to Majesty for just a little longer in Miami until they brought Rhapsody into PC for the 3/4 nighters ... THEN moved Enchantment to Miami.

With Carnival and now Norwegian basing more ships out of PC, it seems like a very stupid move to leave such a long gap there in the short cruise market. (Then again, RC seems to be making alot of stupid moves lately .. Dynamic Dining, and the big hike in drink prices being 2 that spring to mind).

Edited by F27TW

I just find it hard to believe that the 3 and 4 nighters out PC are not profitable. I usually do at least one maybe two during this time frame, guess we will just do land based vacations or Carnival. Sad

I just find it hard to believe that the 3 and 4 nighters out PC are not profitable. I usually do at least one maybe two during this time frame, guess we will just do land based vacations or Carnival. Sad

It's not that they are not profitable, just not as profitable as elsewhere. Like when Monarch was in LA. It sailed full all the time, but that run was not as profitable as PC, so when Sovereign left the fleet, Royal brought Monarch to PC.

Why would you think Rhapsody is not staying for summer. :what:

First I've heard that

Tried to book the next three Friday cruises, and all sold out except a few deck 2 & 3 OV's. And they are over $500 each.

Why would you think Rhapsody is not staying for summer. :what:

First I've heard that

I hadn't heard anything about that. It is just a guess on my part based on PC not having a ship doing the 3/4 nighters in 2016.

It just seems that even though Royal is adding new ships they are not really adding extra ships to the fleet as they are transferring or selling off the older ships. At the same time they are sending more to Asia and Europe is becoming very profitable again while the Caribbean remains very competitive in regards to pricing.

I have no doubts that the ships do not sell out and I am sure that they are profitable but are they more profitable elsewhere?

Like I said it's just a guess but Royal will no doubt be faced with some tough decisions as to where they feel that they can get the most profit out of their ships.