What's better about the Quantum Class ships?

Anthem, Quantum, and Ovation are bigger I'm told with more rooms. What else?

Oasis and Allure or bigger, but otherwise some fantastic entertainment, lovely Two70 lounge, North Star, Seaplex, and Sky Diving, other than that it's like every other RCI ship

Guest maddycat
Devinly is classed as speciality technically, and Cafe Two70 isn't really a restaurant, it's like Park Cafe on Oasis class.

Complimentary full service restaurants

1. Chic

2. American Icon

3. Silk

4. Grande

5. Devine Decidence

6. Coastal Kitchen - only for suite guests

Complimentary full service restaurants

1. Chic

2. American Icon

3. Silk

4. Grande

5. Devine Decidence

6. Coastal Kitchen - only for suite guests

coastal kitchen is for all gold colored sea pass card holders---which included Pinnacles. not only suite guests.

and when we did the Quantum, 3 times in November 2014, Coastal kitchen was the only one with out long long lines for the dinner meals every night. ( yes we had resv.) most of the frequent cruisers will not do Quantum again.

Edited by phish tales

I'm a frequent RCL cruiser and I'd do Quantum again in a heartbeat.

Quantum has been accurately described elsewhere as being a cross between RCL's Radiance class and Celebrity's Solstice class. This class of ship is also decidedly more modern in feel and appearance than its predecessors.

and when we did the Quantum, 3 times in November 2014, Coastal kitchen was the only one with out long long lines for the dinner meals every night. ( yes we had resv.) most of the frequent cruisers will not do Quantum again.

And you've clearly not read any recent reviews of Quantum or Anthem.... or just chosen to ignore them

I am not a fan of large ships, I'm not in it for the "Big Resort"...have not been on the Oasis....

But I am considering a Quantum class....perhaps the Anthem when it comes to new jersey. Maybe.

The multilevel and versatile indoor Seaplex is outstanding...:)

Totally agree with this-- the Seaplex was the highlight of our Quantum cruise- the dining was not, but we were on December before the more recent changes that have seemed to rectify many of the issues we experienced.

You are totally fear mongering and absolutely incorrect with this statement. Speak for yourself, not for others

this is my opinion and my experience. I appolize if this is fear mongering to you. but 80% of the top cruisers on the complimentary cruise and the b2b afterward in November felt the same way. if you were there in November and had a different experience tell me about it. this is my opinion from my experience. if you were not there, you have no idea how it was at that time.

again----this is IMHO...

this is my opinion and my experience. I appolize if this is fear mongering to you. but 80% of the top cruisers on the complimentary cruise and the b2b afterward in November felt the same way. if you were there in November and had a different experience tell me about it. this is my opinion from my experience. if you were not there, you have no idea how it was at that time.

again----this is IMHO...

A lot has changed since November though...

again----this is IMHO...

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2137643&highlight=hoopster#

A lot has changed since November though...

that may be true, but I never said anything about the Quantum present day. I was referring to our November cruises. we feel we tried it and we were not happy with it so we moved on to new ships. changed or not, we moved on. you had to be there to experience it. thanks to one and all for their input.

we rather not try it again.. "you only get one time to make a first impression"

Edited by phish tales

The Quantum is RCL's entry into the new style of cruising all the cruise lines are trying out.

NCL has the Getaway/Breakaway

Carnival will have the Vista.

MSC will have the Seaside Class.

All are offering big differences between the older style of cruising with fixed MDR hours, etc., to do what you want when you want style of cruising.

Some will like, some won't. Nothing wrong with that.

The Quantum will change some, but it seems to us with the other cruise companies 'new style cruising' that have come out, and will come out, this isn't going away. :)

Guest maddycat
I'm a frequent RCL cruiser and I'd do Quantum again in a heartbeat.

Quantum has been accurately described elsewhere as being a cross between RCL's Radiance class and Celebrity's Solstice class. This class of ship is also decidedly more modern in feel and appearance than its predecessors.

I completely agree with you. We were on the April 12-24 Quantum sailing and loved it. After 7 or 8 days on a ship my husband is usually ready to go home. After 12 days on the Quantum he didn't want to get off of the ship.

We have 2 cruises booked on the Anthem. The second cruise was booked while we were onboard the Quantum.

Edited by maddycat

Quantum class? Nice ship, new, overpriced.

High Tech- Yes, but it means you spend days (literally mean many hours) doing dining bookings. And you have to book dining blindly, months before entertainment schedule came out. By the time you book entertainment, you find serious conflicts with your dining and there is no where to move your dining.

Bumper Cars- Cute Fun. 3 to 4 sessions total in a week long cruise. Lines of 1 hour plus for 2 minute ride.

iFly - Exciting and Fun. If you manage to book it online, that is.

North Star - Interesting Stuff. Shorter wait if you can wake up at 7:30am. Other than that, it's a 1.5 hour wait.

Shows - Good shows. Wait for 45 minutes to an hour to get in, for decent seats.

Cabins - Very nice. But I thought we paid high price for it. We deserve it.

Internet - On and off. Just like normal life.

So Quantum Class = High Price, Long waits, A lot of Frustration (if you are the booking person for the family)

Been there, done that, Not again!! It's good to try it once. But repeats? No thanks. I will spend my money elsewhere. I am not hoping for a free cruise somewhere, so I can tell the truth. The biggest problem is that: they are NOT trying to fix the above problems, and they treat it as norm. That I find unacceptable and not worth my money/ time.