Crown & Anchor Question

Does any one know when Crown & Anchor started? We were on a cruise for Christmas of 1990 and it doesn't show up in our cruise history. Was wondering if it didn't exist then?

Does any one know when Crown & Anchor started? We were on a cruise for Christmas of 1990 and it doesn't show up in our cruise history. Was wondering if it didn't exist then?

If you have documentation that you took that cruise then just call C&A and they will add it and the points to your cruise history.

Is there any way of getting more details eg emabark dates and ports for ships from years ago. I know I travelled on the Navigator of the Seas for the xmas and New Years cruises B2B in the Caribbean but have no more info than that....but would love to be able to get those points put on my history. Thanks in advance for any help x

Thanks all for your replies. I'm going to try to find some kind of documentation from our Xmas 1990 cruise now that I know Crown & Anchor existed back then. I'm sure we have pictures like the one posted that she used.

Is there any way of getting more details eg emabark dates and ports for ships from years ago. I know I travelled on the Navigator of the Seas for the xmas and New Years cruises B2B in the Caribbean but have no more info than that....but would love to be able to get those points put on my history. Thanks in advance for any help x

There is a good chance that they may have records of that cruise still in their system.

Did you book with a TA that is still around that may have records?

It's worth a call to C&A to check.

There is a good chance that they may have records of that cruise still in their system.

Did you book with a TA that is still around that may have records?

It's worth a call to C&A to check.

Since the Navigator was launched in 2002, I agree with Ken that that cruise should DEFINITELY be in their system.

You may also be able to dig up, perhaps, your credit card records that show your payments? (I am assuming that you don't have your SeaPass cards, as that would eliminate the need to discuss this)

Are you sure it's not reflected in your points? Our first cruise was also in December 1990 & although it doesn't show in our cruise history, we did get the correct points.

Do they still give double points for longer cruises?

Edited by phoenix1181

Thanks all for your replies. I'm going to try to find some kind of documentation from our Xmas 1990 cruise now that I know Crown & Anchor existed back then. I'm sure we have pictures like the one posted that she used.

If you can not find any documentation it may still be worth your while to contact C&A. If you can provide the voyage departure date, cabin number if you remember, and any requested identifying information they may be able to verify the booking.

Are you sure it's not reflected in your points? Our first cruise was also in December 1990 & although it doesn't show in our cruise history, we did get the correct points.

Do they still give double points for longer cruises?

You no longer get double points for longer cruises because you now receive 1 point per night (2 in a JS or higher).

The earliest I've ever been able to find any mention of Crown and Anchor is from 1995 in the February issue of Cruise Travel magazine. For what it's worth I've found documentation that Crown and Anchor only has passenger history back to 1995, so that seems to indicate that to be its first year.

And if you're curious it was first expanded in January 1997 according to another article I found:

The new Crown & Anchor Society is divided into four membership levels based on the number of eligible cruises a guest has taken with Royal Caribbean. Guests are eligible for Silver membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after just one cruise with the line. Passengers who have enjoyed a Royal Caribbean cruise at least two times are automatically enrolled as Gold members; after five cruises they become Platinum members, and guests who have taken 10 or more cruises become Diamond members. There is no cost to join.

The biggest benefit to guests is provided by the information shipboard personnel will receive, enabling them to recognize repeat guests by name and deliver personalized attention. In addition, all members will receive the four-color, quarterly "Crown & Anchor Magazine," periodic mailings with special offers and coupons, a color-coded landing card sticker indicating their repeat guest status, and on seven-night or longer cruises, an invitation to a special cocktail party during their cruise. Gold members receive the same benefits, as well as additional special offers on future cruises. Platinum members receive the same benefits as Gold members, plus selected offers on future cruises and plush terry robes for their enjoyment during the cruise. Diamond members receive all the above benefits, as well as exclusive coupons, special boarding privileges, and a welcome aboard bottle of champagne in their cabin.

The earliest I've ever been able to find any mention of Crown and Anchor is from 1995 in the February issue of Cruise Travel magazine. For what it's worth I've found documentation that Crown and Anchor only has passenger history back to 1995, so that seems to indicate that to be its first year.

And if you're curious it was first expanded in January 1997 according to another article I found:

The new Crown & Anchor Society is divided into four membership levels based on the number of eligible cruises a guest has taken with Royal Caribbean. Guests are eligible for Silver membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after just one cruise with the line. Passengers who have enjoyed a Royal Caribbean cruise at least two times are automatically enrolled as Gold members; after five cruises they become Platinum members, and guests who have taken 10 or more cruises become Diamond members. There is no cost to join.

The biggest benefit to guests is provided by the information shipboard personnel will receive, enabling them to recognize repeat guests by name and deliver personalized attention. In addition, all members will receive the four-color, quarterly "Crown & Anchor Magazine," periodic mailings with special offers and coupons, a color-coded landing card sticker indicating their repeat guest status, and on seven-night or longer cruises, an invitation to a special cocktail party during their cruise. Gold members receive the same benefits, as well as additional special offers on future cruises. Platinum members receive the same benefits as Gold members, plus selected offers on future cruises and plush terry robes for their enjoyment during the cruise. Diamond members receive all the above benefits, as well as exclusive coupons, special boarding privileges, and a welcome aboard bottle of champagne in their cabin.

Thanks for the info. I noticed in brochures for 1995-1996 and 2003-2004 that there wasn't any mention of Crown & Anchor Society, however, it was in the 2007-2008 brochure.

Looking at the brochure Royal just sent me a couple weeks ago for 2015-2016, there's no mention of the Crown & Anchor Society program in there (although there is mention of double points for suite guests).

Good to see how the program has evolved over the past 20 years.

Thanks for the info. I noticed in brochures for 1995-1996 and 2003-2004 that there wasn't any mention of Crown & Anchor Society, however, it was in the 2007-2008 brochure.

Looking at the brochure Royal just sent me a couple weeks ago for 2015-2016, there's no mention of the Crown & Anchor Society program in there (although there is mention of double points for suite guests).

Good to see how the program has evolved over the past 20 years.

C&A was founded in 1997 and they usually don't have sailings pre 1993 because their database doesn't go back that far.

C&A was founded in 1997 and they usually don't have sailings pre 1993 because their database doesn't go back that far.

In our cruise history, the first listing with a ship name and itinerary is 12 December 1993, Majesty of the seas, 7 night Western Caribbean. However, two earlier cruises are listed, both with a date of 5 November 1970 and no other information. We don't remember which ships we took or exactly when the cruises were, but we're happy they recorded the points.

Margy