We can carry on Soda, bottled water. Anything else

We fly out tomorrow. I don't want to go buy a case of soda and water at Walgreeens or whatever and then have them keep it? Has anyone did this recently at Port of Miami?

We got some water at Publix after flying in. The porters would not take it with a tag, but I had some of the cloth Publix re-usable shopping bags with me. I pulled those out, put 12 pack of the water in each , tied the handles together , slapped on a luggage and they took THAT! I don't know what the big difference is.

The past twotrips out of Miami have been met with the grouchiest psuedo-stevadores ever!

If they take Publix reusable bags, maybe I'll give my handi-dandi Walmart bag a try.

Thanks everyone!!, I really would like to take a 12 pack or so of water, i really prefer to drink that over anything else and i hate to lose one of my nice reusable ones.

Just checking about what is allowed to be carried on. What about juices (like those mini cranberry drinks or red bull?)

Yes, you may! Any non-alcoholic mixer, juices, soft drinks, bottled water etc.

Yes, NYC lets you put tags on your water/juice/soda cases. The porter has a separate cart to place drinks on.

We brought a 24pk of coke and two cases of Gatorade last time out of NYC, just taped our ship tags on them, no issues.

We were going to bring a case of gatorade, but instead we bought a small tub of the powdered and mixed it ourselves. It was much easier to lug onboard.

Can I put water/soda in a hard side cooler (no ice), duck tape it shut and put

a luggage tag on that for the porter to take with our luggage? It measures 15x11x10 if that matters.

a luggage tag on that for the porter to take with our luggage? It measures 15x11x10 if that matters.

You can. You can also just put a luggage tag on the package of water and one on the soda.

If you take the cooler, they will open it to make sure you are not bringing on something else.

You can. You can also just put a luggage tag on the package of water and one on the soda.

If you take the cooler, they will open it to make sure you are not bringing on something else.

My spidey senses tell me that would be highly suspect and likely will go to security. Most cruises that let you BYOW, won't allow coolers of any kind, unless needed for medical supplies (and you need to make prior arrangements with them).

YES, there is a policy for luggage.

YES, there is a policy regarding soda and water.

IN REALITY - neither is an issue. I have NEVER, EVER seen anyone discuss an issue about luggage here.

I have RARELY seen a beverage issue (water,soda). Sometimes the porters have an issue, again, no often. Easily solved by placing it in a roll aboard carryon.

We sailed on the Jewel out of Houston last month. We had a case of water with us and they would NOT let us put it through with a luggage tag. We had to carry it with us along with our other carry-on bags. What a pain! :( I didn't think about putting it in a re-usable bag. I wonder if that would have made a difference.:confused:

I don't mind if they open it, they will find water and soda. I figure if it is in a cooler I will not have to pack a softside one (that will leak in the shower) for the week. I usually cruise Carnival and they won't let you take a cooler that large. Maybe I won't ducktape it, I do have luggage straps that will probably work and look better. Or, I take another smaller suitcase with just the water and soda and a packed softside cooler and not take the chance.

I don't mind if they open it, they will find water and soda. I figure if it is in a cooler I will not have to pack a softside one (that will leak in the shower) for the week. I usually cruise Carnival and they won't let you take a cooler that large. Maybe I won't ducktape it, I do have luggage straps that will probably work and look better. Or, I take another smaller suitcase with just the water and soda and a packed softside cooler and not take the chance.

Do as you please, but I'd take 5-10 minutes and give them a call if they accept coolers at all. As I have said, most CLs that do let you bring soft-drinks on board do not let you bring in coolers of any kind unless is for medical reasons and you need to provide medical justification for those.

Do as you please, but I'd take 5-10 minutes and give them a call if they accept coolers at all. As I have said, most CLs that do let you bring soft-drinks on board do not let you bring in coolers of any kind unless is for medical reasons and you need to provide medical justification for those.

I will probably give them a call, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back form the Breakaway. I called NCL on the cooler and was told yes, bring the cooler and tag it. I figured I would give it a try.....and it worked :D

I packed water and soda and tied it shut. They could untie and look inside if need be. I put a luggage tag on it and checked it with our luggage.