We can carry on Soda, bottled water. Anything else

Just checking about what is allowed to be carried on. What about juices (like those mini cranberry drinks or red bull?)

We brought on cranberry and pineapple juices as well as soda and water on the breakaway! ;) :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Now I am worried! I have never sailed NCL but have never heard of a luggage allowance on a cruise ship. If it fits in your cabin, you can take it. I imagine if people are flying in they buy it near the port.

Just curious- if you bring a case of bottled h2o (or other beverage) and slap a luggage ticket on it like everyone suggests, does it count towards your allowance as a piece of luggage?

NCL does not have an 'allowance' as far as luggage. Bring as little or as much as you want....including water/soda with a luggage tag attached.

Harriet

Just curious- if you bring a case of bottled h2o (or other beverage) and slap a luggage ticket on it like everyone suggests, does it count towards your allowance as a piece of luggage?

What luggage allowance? NCL has no limit on the amount of luggage that you can bring on board.

Please be aware that many ports refuse to allow you to put a luggage tag on beverages.

NCL does not have an 'allowance' as far as luggage. Bring as little or as much as you want....including water/soda with a luggage tag attached.

Harriet

Thank you! I am brand new to cruising, but for some reason I could have sworn that I read we had a limit of 2 checked bags plus a carry-on. I know that is airline rules, but thought it applied to the ship as well. Appreciate the clarification :)

Harriet are you just putting the case of water in anything or is it just as if you bought it in the store? What about the soda, are they just the 12 packs with a luggage tag or in a bag? We were thinking of using what ends up being our souvenir duffle bag to put a case of water in. But bringing some canned juice and soda does sound intriguing. :D

Interested in this thread. Mostly because of the bottled water and juice boxes. We're not soda drinkers and neither are our kids. So we could get a 24-pack from Publix and just add a luggage tag to it?

Does pier in NY let you put drinks on with luggage tag on it? Going on Breakaway this summer

Yes, NYC lets you put tags on your water/juice/soda cases. The porter has a separate cart to place drinks on.

We brought a 24pk of coke and two cases of Gatorade last time out of NYC, just taped our ship tags on them, no issues.

Re: NYC..yes...I just put a tag on 12pack of seltzer...porter put on separate cart..delivered later to cabin..minus one can:o .

QUESTION....although this was brought up on other threads....no 1st hand reports....IS NON ALCOHOLIC BEER PERMISSABLE? to bring onboard.

Florida ports are very picky, so most don't allow you to just "slap" a luggage tag on it. They will refuse it (90% usually). To get around that as someone else suggested, put it in a duffle bag or a small sports bag, slap a tag on it. They will usually ask since it is quite heavy, but you say "sports/scuba equipment" :)

Non - Alcoholic beer - NO, that usually gets to the naughty room.

For the record, NCL does have an official policy regarding luggage. From their FAQs:

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions.

That said, I have never heard or read of anyone being prevented from bringing on more than officially allowed. There simply is no enforcement of the rule. I'm sure the rule is in place just so NCL can point to something in case someone is abusing the system (e.g., using the ship to move a dozen foot lockers from NY to Florida).

For the record, NCL does have an official policy regarding luggage. From their FAQs:

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions.

That said, I have never heard or read of anyone being prevented from bringing on more than officially allowed. There simply is no enforcement of the rule. I'm sure the rule is in place just so NCL can point to something in case someone is abusing the system (e.g., using the ship to move a dozen foot lockers from NY to Florida).

Yes they say that but never seen it enforced

Although we've never repositioned so I bet they do then to avoid it being used as the Florida for winter transfer

Florida ports are very picky, so most don't allow you to just "slap" a luggage tag on it. They will refuse it (90% usually). To get around that as someone else suggested, put it in a duffle bag or a small sports bag, slap a tag on it. They will usually ask since it is quite heavy, but you say "sports/scuba equipment" :)

Anyone know what the specific policy is for POM, we are sailing the Getaway next month

We fly out tomorrow. I don't want to go buy a case of soda and water at Walgreeens or whatever and then have them keep it? Has anyone did this recently at Port of Miami?

Extended family & friends sailing on the Getaway currently and haven't heard otherwise, but, keep in mind that policies are subject to change with and without notice, yada yada - I don't think anyone can be 100% certain one way or another. What's allowed today might be reversed the other way tomorrow or the day after.

Port security at MIA, isn't that contracted or outsourced - although they would be following the "instructions" of NCL as given.

Good luck in whatever you decide ... :D