Questions for RECENT Oasis past guest(please)

Hi:

This board is so helpful, I've asked questions before and got good answers, hopefully I've be just as lucky this time. 25 of us are going on Oasis on August 1st. Some are 1st time cruisers, some are 1st time on RCI. If anyone who has recently sailed on Oasis could answer all or any of the questions it would be a BIG help. I've tried to read as much as possible, but still unsure about some things. Thank you.

1. Does Oasis still have the Carousel rides?

2. Has anyone used their cell phone to call home? If so, how much did the call end up costing? What island were you on when you made the call. Would it be cheaper to call home from the ship?

3. Regarding the Fountain Soda Package, what happens if you loose your cup?

4. What happens if you find a soda fountain cup on the ship, can you use it to get free soda? LOL... (I'm just the messenger)

5. There will be one eight year old child with us, a girl. Does anyone have the itinerary for the Adventure's Club or tell me where I can find it?

6. Does the ship have babysitting services for 8 year olds? How much?

7. Johnny Rockets - I know their breakfast is Free, is Orange Juice or Apple Juice also free with the breakfast? If not, what would the Juice cost during breakfast time.

8. Johnny Rockets # 2 - what is the price for the meal after breakfast? can you get ANYTHING on the menu since your paying? Also, can you use your Fountain Cup to get free soda at Johnny Rockets.

9. I noticed there is a basketball court, is it free to use?

10. Since there is no Dynamic Dinning, what does the dinning room look like now? Is each floor different with different chairs, etc.?

How about the seats in the Dinning room, any chance that we could sit at a window?

Does anyone has a recent picture of the dinning room that they could post?

11. I read somewhere that there's a fee for luggage tags if your don't print them out yourself. If someone got to the Cruise Terminal in Fort Lauderdale with no luggage tags, would the Porter provide them with free luggage tags?

12. We reserved our shows - is the Headliner show that is shown twice, the same show? I read somewhere it was and somewhere it wasn't?

13. What is the Captain's Welcome Party like? dancing? free drinks? food?

14. Most of us have balconies, can the door be left open or will we need a bungee cord? Also, are bath robes offered?

15. Does the ship offer free motion sickness meds?

I appreciate any help I can get with these questions. Thank you in advance.

Hi:

1. Does Oasis still have the Carousel rides? yes

2. Has anyone used their cell phone to call home? If so, how much did the call end up costing? What island were you on when you made the call. Would it be cheaper to call home from the ship? this will depend on your personal cell plan. calling from sea will be expensive. calling from one of the islands would be more cost effective - especially if you have an international or cruise ship plan enabled. check with your provider

9. I noticed there is a basketball court, is it free to use? yes

10. Since there is no Dynamic Dinning, what does the dinning room look like now? Is each floor different with different chairs, etc.? pictures posted show all three have a different feel to them

How about the seats in the Dinning room, any chance that we could sit at a window? yes - you can email rcldining@rccl.com with your request, then visit the dining room upon boarding the ship and ask if you can see your assigned table. we did this with MTD and were able to select a table for 2 exactly where we wanted, and had the same table and servers every night.

11. I read somewhere that there's a fee for luggage tags if your don't print them out yourself. If someone got to the Cruise Terminal in Fort Lauderdale with no luggage tags, would the Porter provide them with free luggage tags? porter will happily provide them for you at the pier

14. Most of us have balconies, can the door be left open or will we need a bungee cord? Also, are bath robes offered? sliding doors, so yes they can stay open. BUT your A/C in the cabin will shut off while the door is open.

15. Does the ship offer free motion sickness meds? didn't see any, but never needed them either. I've heard there are some tabs you can get though. we use ginger tabs from home if we ever need. but didn't need on oasis.

See above for the questions I was able to answer.

We were on the April 11, 2015 sailing....Have a great time!

1. Does Oasis still have the Carousel rides? yes

2. Has anyone used their cell phone to call home? If so, how much did the call end up costing? What island were you on when you made the call. Would it be cheaper to call home from the ship? we didn't call from cell phone, but had to call home from our cabin once. Price $7.95 per minute, $2.00 for diamond members

3. Regarding the Fountain Soda Package, what happens if you loose your cup?

4. What happens if you find a soda fountain cup on the ship, can you use it to get free soda? LOL... (I'm just the messenger)

5. There will be one eight year old child with us, a girl. Does anyone have the itinerary for the Adventure's Club or tell me where I can find it?

7. Johnny Rockets - I know their breakfast is Free, is Orange Juice or Apple Juice also free with the breakfast? If not, what would the Juice cost during breakfast time.

8. Johnny Rockets # 2 - what is the price for the meal after breakfast? can you get ANYTHING on the menu since your paying? Also, can you use your Fountain Cup to get free soda at Johnny Rockets.

9. I noticed there is a basketball court, is it free to use? yes

10. Since there is no Dynamic Dinning, what does the dinning room look like now? Is each floor different with different chairs, etc.?

How about the seats in the Dinning room, any chance that we could sit at a window? you can always ask when you get on the ship about seating next o window, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They usually give those to diamond, plus, suite guests etc...they are usually assigned in advance and not many will let them go, but it's always possible.

11. I read somewhere that there's a fee for luggage tags if your don't print them out yourself. If someone got to the Cruise Terminal in Fort Lauderdale with no luggage tags, would the Porter provide them with free luggage tags? We've always just printed ours out and bought the plastic tags from cruise critic to put them in. Very easy.

12. We reserved our shows - is the Headliner show that is shown twice, the same show? I read somewhere it was and somewhere it wasn't? I believe it is the same, but not completely sure.

13. What is the Captain's Welcome Party like? dancing? free drinks? food? They do one in the middle of the promenade, dancing, singing, champagne, fruit punch, disco balls...etc. Fun! Crowded!

14. Most of us have balconies, can the door be left open or will we need a bungee cord? Also, are bath robes offered?If you leave the door to your cabin open the ac will stop after a short time. You can have the dividers removed from each balconies

15. Does the ship offer free motion sickness meds? We've never needed them. They have em'. Not sure if they're free though.

Edited by libertybelle41

I can help on this one.

Does the ship have babysitting services for 8 year olds? How much?

AO has extra hours from 10pm until 2am, the cost is 7.00 per hour per child, they do offer in room baby sitting, but I believe it is 19.00 per hour. Our 4 year old LOVES AO and never wants to leave, he gets mad when we pick him up.

Edited by skyking

Hi:

This board is so helpful, I've asked questions before and got good answers, hopefully I've be just as lucky this time. 25 of us are going on Oasis on August 1st. Some are 1st time cruisers, some are 1st time on RCI. If anyone who has recently sailed on Oasis could answer all or any of the questions it would be a BIG help. I've tried to read as much as possible, but still unsure about some things. Thank you.

1. Does Oasis still have the Carousel rides? Yes

2. Has anyone used their cell phone to call home? If so, how much did the call end up costing? What island were you on when you made the call. Would it be cheaper to call home from the ship?Depends

3. Regarding the Fountain Soda Package, what happens if you loose your cup?Go to Guest Relations

4. What happens if you find a soda fountain cup on the ship, can you use it to get free soda? LOL... (I'm just the messenger)Almost certainly. We did a b2b and our old cups worked for the second week.

7. Johnny Rockets - I know their breakfast is Free, is Orange Juice or Apple Juice also free with the breakfast? If not, what would the Juice cost during breakfast time.OJ was free, I think they had Apple and Tomato too.

8. Johnny Rockets # 2 - what is the price for the meal after breakfast? can you get ANYTHING on the menu since your paying? Also, can you use your Fountain Cup to get free soda at Johnny Rockets. You can use soda cups at the machines (next to Sorrentos, entrance to Windjammer port side, arcade aft starboard side deck 15) and any 'free' bar (eg Schooner). Speciality places (eg Johnny Rockets) won't do it (at least, not for us!).

9. I noticed there is a basketball court, is it free to use? Yes

10. Since there is no Dynamic Dinning, what does the dinning room look like now? Is each floor different with different chairs, etc.? Each has different decor, but the food is the same in all 3.

How about the seats in the Dinning room, any chance that we could sit at a window? 2 and 4 seat tables. All 'big' ones are away from windows.

11. I read somewhere that there's a fee for luggage tags if your don't print them out yourself. If someone got to the Cruise Terminal in Fort Lauderdale with no luggage tags, would the Porter provide them with free luggage tags? Yes

12. We reserved our shows - is the Headliner show that is shown twice, the same show? I read somewhere it was and somewhere it wasn't? Yes, but it changes each week.

13. What is the Captain's Welcome Party like? dancing? free drinks? food?A drink or two and speeches.

14. Most of us have balconies, can the door be left open or will we need a bungee cord? Also, are bath robes offered? Sliding doors which can be left open (put the handle to lock to hold it if necessary), but as said, the A?C in the room won't cope! Ask your attendant for robes if they don't offer them.

15. Does the ship offer free motion sickness meds? Think so, but we had no problems on our 2 week cruise

I appreciate any help I can get with these questions. Thank you in advance.

Simon

On the Allure recently, which probably is the same for Oasis, there were free motion sickness pills at the medical facility, deck 2 (I think). We had to go there because my husband got hurt, and I saw them. You didn't have to go all the way into the facility, they were just outside it, along with a "vending" machine with Advil, Tylenol, Tums, etc. at a much lower price than the shops on the Promenade. I don't remember the price, but it seemed like it was a quarter or maybe 50 cents for a single serving.

But...motion sickness pills were free.

I thought there was a handle on the outside balcony that could be closed (locked position) BUT still be able to open from outside to come in. Am I wrong?

There is also a child lock on the sliders as well.

Hello Everyone:

Thank you soooo much, I have some really good information.

I worked at home today and thought I would be able to hop on and off when throughout the day to read the responses. No chance! LOL.. I ended up being busy all day, just sign off my laptop.

I am so grateful for people like all of you, who took the time to respond to what you knew about this amazing ship! There's 25 excited people who can't wait to sail on August 1st.

I'm not picture savvy, but will post a review when we're back.

A million Thanks

Renae

We have Verizon and these were the prices we were quoted on 5/9/2015 before we sailed. I'd check with your carrier to be sure. Verizon emailed me a pricing sheet.

On Oasis it was $2.49 per minute

In Haiti, it was $2.89 per minute

In Jamaica, it was $1.99 per minute

In Cozumel, it was $0.99 per minute

Texting was $.05 each for incoming texts & $.50 each for outgoing texts.

Enjoy your vacation!!

You did not mention if you were doing traditional or MTD for dinner - if you do not have a reservation for either, be sure to have your travel agent book it now. It is impossible to get a decent time for MTD once you board, and you will not be able to switch from MTD to traditional early or late seating.

My travel agent made this mistake on our recent Oasis sailing - no time booked for MTD and we could not switch to early seating. It was just my husband and I, so seating 2 people isn't as hard.

Luggage tags can be printed from your computer when you complete the online check-in - just fold them and the porter at the pier will staple them to your bags.

Be sure to book the entertainment online as well - a lot of the shows fill up before sailing.

Have a great cruise !

You did not mention if you were doing traditional or MTD for dinner - if you do not have a reservation for either, be sure to have your travel agent book it now. It is impossible to get a decent time for MTD once you board, and you will not be able to switch from MTD to traditional early or late seating.

My travel agent made this mistake on our recent Oasis sailing - no time booked for MTD and we could not switch to early seating. It was just my husband and I, so seating 2 people isn't as hard.

Luggage tags can be printed from your computer when you complete the online check-in - just fold them and the porter at the pier will staple them to your bags.

Be sure to book the entertainment online as well - a lot of the shows fill up before sailing.

Have a great cruise !

I agree you must have your dining time in place asap! Nothing but complaints if you read the recent reviews about MTD waits and also getting enough seating together for the size party you have.

As for the luggage tags...you can't print them even though you do your online check in until the rest of your cruise docs. are ready. Then they email you the links to print all of your documents as well as your luggage tags. Keep in mind it is very frustrating that when you do the check in on line that you can print your Set Sail Pass which has a copy of your luggage tag there but you actually don't get the real luggage tag link until like I said you get the complete documents email.