Liberty of the Seas - Cape Liberty Departure Pictures (May 16, 2015)

Hey everyone!

I took a ride up to Cape Liberty today to watch the Liberty depart on a 5 night Bermuda cruise. It got me even more excited for my Oasis cruise next Saturday than I already was! I took some pictures while I was there, so I figured I'd post! Hope you enjoy! :D

IMG_0073_zpsnrfydrlt.jpg

She ended up leaving closer to 5pm, even though the scheduled departure was 4pm. Not sure of what the issue was, but there was lots of activity on the pier. I got to watch the Norwegian Gem sail out of the harbor while we waited for Liberty's departure.

IMG_0048_zps8efjb7qg.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsxgpswnxn.jpg

Soon enough, Liberty began to depart...

IMG_0077_zpsdeq7xb4x.jpg

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Thanks for posting. I loved the Liberty. Sailed on her last year and it was my first Freedom class. While I still prefer the Vision and Radiance class, I will always have a special thing for the Liberty, as she was the ship for our first family cruise.

thanks so much for these great photos...11 family members will be on her 6/27/15 five of them being our grandchildren...I cannot wait to show them these photos...they are so excited already and thus will add to it

Also the GoPro video...

Thanks for posting these awesome pics of Liberty of the Seas! We will be boarding her in 4 short days & are SOOOO very excited! It will be our 6th cruise (all with RCI) but Liberty holds a special place in our hearts, as she was our first cruise (and I think she is one of the most beautiful ships ever!):D

Will be on 6/27/15 LOS to Bermuda from Bayonne...please share do our grown children over 21 y.o. Need passports ? Or is drivers license with photo ID ok ?

Also grandchildren under age 18 ..will a copy of their birth certificates be sufficient ?

You should check with the cruise line to be sure, but I believe guests 16 and over need either a passport, or a certified copy of their birth certificate and a government issued photo ID. Guest under 16 need a passport or a certified copy of their birth certificate.

Edited by clarea

Hey to everyone. Just got off the Liberty on Saturday morning. Never got off so fast. Great job by all members of the crew. Had a marvelous 10 day cruise, probably the best one of the 27 cruises we have had! We are now home safe and sound in Canada. There were a large number of Canadians on board and many crew members were Canadian. Didn't even get to meet all but had a memorable time for sure. Thanks to all we met you made our cruise one for the books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thamesbarge - I am so happy to hear that you had a great cruise! I've been reading reviews that were rather "unfavorable" - bad food, chair hogs & no employees by pool doing anything to stop this, shortage of bar staff (difficulty getting drinks), etc. We will be boarding Liberty in 2 short days (WOO HOO!!!) My DH & I tend to live life with the "glass half-full" attitude, so I am sure we will wind up enjoying our cruise & will just overlook any negatives we may find :D

Happy cruising, everyone!!

Hey everyone!

I took a ride up to Cape Liberty today to watch the Liberty depart on a 5 night Bermuda cruise. It got me even more excited for my Oasis cruise next Saturday than I already was! I took some pictures while I was there, so I figured I'd post! Hope you enjoy! :D

IMG_0073_zpsnrfydrlt.jpg

She ended up leaving closer to 5pm, even though the scheduled departure was 4pm. Not sure of what the issue was, but there was lots of activity on the pier. I got to watch the Norwegian Gem sail out of the harbor while we waited for Liberty's departure.

IMG_0048_zps8efjb7qg.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsxgpswnxn.jpg

Soon enough, Liberty began to depart...

IMG_0077_zpsdeq7xb4x.jpg

Kind of eerie that you have a pic of the Gem. This must be the voyage with the drowning this week. Sad

Thanks for the pics!

Did you see the soda machines on the Liberty? We had them on the Freedom a couple of years ago and loved them. Read on the boards that not ships have them.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Loved your photos and video....thanks so much for sharing them.

We'll be going on board to Bermuda in September and this really whet my appetite. By the way, I think you did A-OK with your new GoPro.

Kathy

And here's my first ever attempt at a time-lapse video using a GoPro. I still have some practicing to do, but I thought it was decent for my first try! :D:o

EDIT: Anyone know how to post videos on here?

Here's a link? https://youtu.be/NX9PKxhAmBc