Alaska Cruise Video 2015

gprcruiser

Thank you so much. Gets me even more excited for my trip on 7th June :)

You saw a bear and salmon too! I thought the salmon didn't run until August so my chances of seeing a bear were remote. So where was the bear seen please??

Cheers

Pat

Stunning video! Makes me even more excited to begin my Alaska adventure day after tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Paula

Paula,

We are on an Off the Beaten Path in July (LB7). I would very interested in hearing your impressions of EVERYTHING when you return.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Paula,

We are on an Off the Beaten Path in July (LB7). I would very interested in hearing your impressions of EVERYTHING when you return.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

I looked up your tour. I see you are going to Copper River. I'd be very interested to hear about that stop. I'm taking MB7 which stops in Kenai. Other than Denali, Kenai is the main area I want to see. I will post my impressions when I get back. This will be my first cruisetour with Princess so I'm excited about that. I've been on a few Princess cruises and really like the line.

Paula

Highlights from the Ruby's maiden Alaska cruise.

THANK you so much for sharing your video; looking forward to our June trip. Where did your se the bear? Also, I've seen so many photos of the lighthouse at the end do you know the name of it?

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to answer some of your questions

What video camera did you use and what software did you use to edit the video. Thanks I used two cameras. Main camera is a Sony HXR-NX30. the B-camera is a GoPro on a 3 axis gimbal. I edit on Avid

[Where did your se the bear? Also, I've seen so many photos of the lighthouse at the end do you know the name of it?

/I] We go to Alaska almost every year. We have seen bears in May, June July, August & September. Best chance July & August. The bear shown was at Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. They have a bear watching area. Ask the rangers, they'll let you know if their up and about. Have patience, I don't know how many times people I'm standing with give up after a few minutes and go see the glacier and two or three bears pop out.

We also saw a bear this time in Skagway.

The light house is Eldred Rock light house. It's about two hours outside Skagway, If you want to see the best scenery it's as you leave Skagway for about 3 hours during the transit of Lynn Canal. Hopefully you have daylight eat late and light house is on starboard.

HAVE FUN IN THE GREAT LAND

Fantastic! I so envy your skills at making such a beautiful video. Today I was just watching all our old video from a trip to Denali National Park, Fairbanks, and Seward a few years ago. I have some amazing aerial views and glacier/wildlife footage but my video contains a lot of feet and floor views too....lol. We will be cruising the inside passage with Glacier Bay in September and your video has got me super excited!!! Bless you for sharing this with us. Perfect soundtrack too!