All Things Ovation of the Seas!

I have to disagree with this statement! did you not attend breakfast in here?? Manic!! Very hard to find a table - and lots of queues for all the hot stations! We arrived at about 10am each day thinking it would have been less busy! I did love the hand wash station as you arrived at the restaurant - brilliant idea to keep the germs at bay :-)

Not liking the plastic plates and bowls during the day though! But this was my first Royal Caribbean cruise so don't know if this is the same on all the fleet. Personally prefer china/ceramic :D

But yes gorgeous cruise ship and staff and entertainment was super :-) Agree food was lovely too :-)

I too found the internet amazing compared to other ships I've been on.

Booked onto Harmony in May - so looking forward to comparing :-)

xxx

All RCI ships amazing but when you comparing Ovation with Harmony !Harmony sure win!!

Harmony from Oasis class really the best cruse class and the biggest class in the world until now!

Enjoy your trip in Harmony of the seas :D

Filmed a short video on board Ovation over the weekend if anybody is interested in checking it out.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Even more excited about our cruise on 10th May now [emoji106]🏻

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Even more excited about our cruise on 10th May now [emoji106]🏻

Just saw your location. We are also from Manchester and on the 10th May cruise. The more I see of this ship, the more excited I get. I think I have already fallen in love with Ovation before I even set foot on her.

Corinna

Having been fortunate enough to do the Inaugurals on both Quantum and Anthem RCCL have certainly hit the ground running with the maiden voyage of Ovation. We haven't seen the headless chicken syndrome that was on the other ships, yes there has been a few glitches, we were booked into four restaurants tonight all at different times but it was easily sorted. The entertainment has been first class so far. The only gripe is that our only freebie to date was one baseball cap and two bottles of beer for the cabin! Not really been aware of overcrowding other than the diamond lounge, it is totally impossible to get a seat if you are not there before 5, the overflow upstairs in the Music Hall is good though.

Hi , do they have 'healthy' breakfast in Solarium like on other ships ( F.e. ALLURE) ?

Thank you

We usually like to have breakfast in the dining room, to avoid the Windjammer scramble...are any of the dining rooms open for breakfast on the Ovation. Grateful for answers and suggestions for alternative breakfast venues.

Debbie

Having been fortunate enough to do the Inaugurals on both Quantum and Anthem RCCL have certainly hit the ground running with the maiden voyage of Ovation. We haven't seen the headless chicken syndrome that was on the other ships, yes there has been a few glitches, we were booked into four restaurants tonight all at different times but it was easily sorted. The entertainment has been first class so far. The only gripe is that our only freebie to date was one baseball cap and two bottles of beer for the cabin! Not really been aware of overcrowding other than the diamond lounge, it is totally impossible to get a seat if you are not there before 5, the overflow upstairs in the Music Hall is good though.

For the DL overflow into the Music Hall, is it a closed off area for the overflow?

How many does the DL seat inside would you say? Thanks.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

All RCI ships amazing but when you comparing Ovation with Harmony !Harmony sure win!!

Harmony from Oasis class really the best cruse class and the biggest class in the world until now!

Enjoy your trip in Harmony of the seas :D

Quantum class is newer though and also has a lot to like. I'd say they're best, but each person has their own preferences.

For the DL overflow into the Music Hall, is it a closed off area for the overflow?

How many does the DL seat inside would you say? Thanks.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I noticed the diamond lounge looked a bit too rammed. A bit like the schooner bar just before the start of a quiz. Not my cup of tea really, but each to their own.

We usually like to have breakfast in the dining room, to avoid the Windjammer scramble...are any of the dining rooms open for breakfast on the Ovation. Grateful for answers and suggestions for alternative breakfast venues.

Debbie

We'll had breakfast in American icon and it wasn't a great experience. It took over an hour and wasn't worth the wait. Although I detest going in the windjammer for breakfast, for once it wasn't "handbags at dawn".

So I enjoyed my experience there much better this time 😊

Debbie

You can take your breakfast at American Icon ..

Coastal Kitchen if you are in Suites ..

If you are in harry like you want to catch you port trip you can go for The Café @ Two70

Edited by Impactimpact

You can take your breakfast at American Icon ..

Coastal Kitchen if you are in Suites ..

If you are in harry like you want to catch you port trip you can go for The Café @ Two70

Thank you both for your replies...looking forward to trying out the options when we board on Froday

https://vimeo.com/163368279

A video of my Grand suite.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Hi Little Britain

Thank you for the pictures and the video. I've been showing them to my daughter who sails on the 22nd.

Just out of interest,where in Sussex are you ?

Did you find the divider more restrictive in the Grand suite? I think I liked the previous spacious design on the Voyager class. It seems a lot smaller or is that just camera angle?

I vaguely remember there are some places open to eat, rather than scramble through the Windjammer on embarkation. Any ideas / recommmendations?

Café 270 is quite good, Sandwiches Soup and Salads Plus the Famous Roast Beef Sandwiches.

I would suggest to everyone to book your dinner reservations in advance if possible before leaving. . If not you will given times and potential restaurants you don't want to go to.. We was given a 9pm seating which is way to late

What do you think would be the wait if you showed up at 7pm without reservations?