Tradition dining

picture

It's typical on the ships with 3 MDRs. I've also heard that Island/Coral often put a few extra traditional folks in designated tables in the AT MDR.

Apparently half of Princess' passengers still think they want traditional. Who knew?

Yes, the Ruby has 3 TD sittings, that may be the case on other ships in the fleet but I have no knowledge of this.

They had it on the Crown when were recently on her. The Michelangelo dining room had anytime dining, Botticelli had traditional early and late seating, and Da Vinci had early traditional with anytime after 7:30 pm.

5:30 pm, 6pm & 8 pm?

This is on Ruby in the fall are there now three fixed dining times?

I thought there were two : first & 2nd dining only?

There are two sittings in most of the MDRs something like 6pm and 8pm. However there is also an extra early first sitting in one of the MDRs at 5.15 or 5.30 not sure of exact time but roughly then. After the extra early MDR sitting this particular restaurant changes over to an "Anytime Dining" venue and in this way can accommodate a very large number of people requiring flexibility at a peak time. We had the extra early first sitting on our last Ruby Princess cruise.

Regards John