pizza

ronl

Love princess pizza.

I have my favorites at home, but love to try all the different topping on vacation. Some I like, some I don't. That is the great thing about a cruise, trying something different, and not have to pay for it if you don't like it.

Or anything with fish on it! ;)

I too wish they had sausage as an option & can only guess why not...other meat toppings are processed products & less likely to spoil and using raw sausage might create a health hazard? :confused:

So pepperoni is not a sausage?:rolleyes:

The difference is that pepperoni is processed meat containing preservatives to prevent spoilage and uncooked Italian sausage is raw meat & is more likely to spoil. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Technically pepperoni is a "sausage" however the discussion was about "Italian" sausage and not pepperoni. Also based on my experience and what I have read, if you want pepperoni in Italy you would ask for salami.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Actually, pepperoni is an American salami, The difference is that a salami is cured, which a sausage is not cooked. Pepperoni, being a cured meat can be stored for a long time, while true sausage can have preservation problems.

Not positive about in Amalfi however selling by weight was very common all over Italy.

That's definitely how it is done in Rome. If anyone is interested in pictures of Italian pizza by the slice (granted, it is Roman not Neapolitan) with all the different types of toppings available, check this out (but not on an empty stomach :D): http://www.swide.com/art-culture/best-10-pizza-by-the-slice-in-rome/2014/11/20

Slightly off topic but if you find yourself in Bayside, Miami, there's a place on the boardwalk that has great pizza IMHO. I can't remember the name but it's easy to find.

P1050759_edited-1

P1050760_edited-1

I'm looking forward to trying the various options on the Royal.

This is our favorite place in Amalfi, we eat there every chance we get.

Spaghetti to die for.

Price for the whole pie not by weight.

Have been to Italy many times and have never ran across pizza by weight.

http://www.amalfitrattoriadamaria.com/en/index.html

I'll bookmark that link for our next visit to Amalfi. :)

I've never bought pizza based on weight at a restaurant but have seen it at takeout places selling by the slice.

Amalfi was the 1st time that I read this description on a display of red chili peppers outside of a store..."****** naturale"! :p Our tour guide confirmed that some believe that red chili (whole or ground) is a "****** naturale". ;)

EDIT: Oops...CC blocks that name of the "little blue pill" frequently advertised on TV. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'll bookmark that link for our next visit to Amalfi. :)

I've never bought pizza based on weight at a restaurant but have seen it at takeout places selling by the slice.

Amalfi was the 1st time that I read this description on a display of red chili peppers outside of a store..."****** naturale"! :p Our tour guide confirmed that some believe that red chili (whole or ground) is a "****** naturale". ;)

EDIT: Oops...CC blocks that name of the "little blue pill" frequently advertised on TV. :o

Too funny! :D