pizza

ronl

To tell you the truth I have never noticed they didn't have it. It may just come down to capacity they seem to have the two standbys daily, a peperoni pie and a cheese pie then one specialty one each day. In balance I rather enjoy Princess's pizza.

Edited by Putterdude

Please,no more artichoke and Ham!

Or anything with fish on it! ;)

I too wish they had sausage as an option & can only guess why not...other meat toppings are processed products & less likely to spoil and using raw sausage might create a health hazard? :confused:

You got me. They are supposed to be catering to U S market yet the seemed determined to make weird pizzas no one I know would ever order

hi sis i always think that prin cess is for canadians and maybe the americans go on it and sometime maybe they do

your bud

Just wondering why they do not put Italian sausage on the pizza? does anyone know?

Probably better they don't put Italian Sausage on the pizza. It seems like most times, outside of the Chicago area, what is called Sausage sort of looks like puppy chow, and not what we are used to.

Edited by cubfan63

Probably better they don't put Italian Sausage on the pizza. It seems like most times, outside of the Chicago area, what is called Sausage sort of looks like puppy chow, and not what we are used to.

I've enjoyed many Italian Sausages in the Windy City & have also enjoyed them elsewhere with my Italian Famiglia. ;)

Oh no, you may have started us down the road to another "best" pizza debate. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Fish does not belong on pizza, well maybe anchovies.

Not even that for me & certainly not mussels which I know is a shelled "mollusk" but it tastes "fishy" to me. ;)

Not even my wife who enjoys mussels very much (particularly at the CG) has wanted to try it on pizza. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not even that for me & certainly not mussels which I know is a shelled "mollusk" but it tastes "fishy" to me. ;)

Not even my wife who enjoys mussels very much (particularly at the CG) has wanted to try it on pizza. :eek:

I agree, there is a time and place for everything. They need to stay in the shell with a saffron white wine sauce. :D

well maybe anchovies.

The only place for anchovies is back in the sea, feeding the tuna.

New Haven may disagree, as their clam pizza is beloved by many.

I have heard that the clam pizza place at Mohegan Sun is a prizewinner. I'll have to get over there one time.

well maybe anchovies.

The only place for anchovies is back in the sea, feeding the tuna.

New Haven may disagree, as their clam pizza is beloved by many.

I have heard that the clam pizza place at Mohegan Sun is a prizewinner. I'll have to get over there one time.

Gotta have em sometimes on my Cesar.

I like clams on my pizza. Best pizza we had was in Naples and it was red sauce and mozzarella only.

That would have been the Margherita, which probably had some basil also. It is considered the true or pure pizza, and Naples is where pizza originated. Of course, the truly best pizza is also baked in a wood fired oven. We also had it for the first time in Naples. We are starting to see more pizza places that use the wood fired ovens and also make the Margherita here in the states. Abosolutely the best!

Given that the origin of pizza is credited to Naples and the fishing villages around it, it is entirely likely that traditional early pizza did have fish. In fact we had pizza this winter on the Ruby that had fish and was quite enjoyable....but I rather suspect this is a vanilla vs chocolate ice cream discussion.

Since the history of pizza was mentioned, I found this on the History website which confirms what I learned growing up Italian.

http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/a-slice-of-history-pizza-through-the-ages

Naples to America at the beginning of the 20th century & popularized by GI's returning from WWII is a very brief summary of pizza's evolution. However that's much less interesting to me than enjoying all types of pizza...guess I'll have pizza for dinner? :)