pizza

ronl

Wait a minute -- I'm about to take my first Princess cruise. OK, so no sausage on the pizza. How about pepperoni or ham or some other meat? I mean wowza - I'm hearing the coffee is made of syrup and pizza appears to be vegetarian; I'm now wondering what the ice cream will be made of, Soylent Green?

Editorializing aside, are there in fact any traditional meats (not fish) on pizzas on Princess ships?

Edited by Chunder Worthy

Wait a minute -- I'm about to take my first Princess cruise. OK, so no sausage on the pizza. How about pepperoni or ham or some other meat? I mean wowza - I'm hearing the coffee is made of syrup and pizza appears to be vegetarian; I'm now wondering what the ice cream will be made of, Soylent Green?

Editorializing aside, are there in fact any traditional meats (not fish) on pizzas on Princess ships?

There are always cheese and pepperoni pizzas by the slice at the Lido deck pizzeria.

The daily specialty pizza will vary including with such items as ham.

If I believed all of the negative posts on CC then I would never take a cruise. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Pepperoni and ham is all I have ever seen.

Are you within your cancelation period?

You'll find good pizza, either on the Lido deck or in Alfredo's if your ship has one. On Royal Princess the pizza of the day by the pool was mushrooms with truffle oil. For those of us who love mushrooms, it was to die for. Next day was pepperoni.

Sure, they have pepperoni pizza. I don't remember what other options we had for pizza but pretty sure at least one day they had ham.

As I said before, I like sausage on my pizza. So, I end up getting a plain cheese pizza. Still, very good.

You should try the Four Cheese pizza, when they have it as the Pizza of the day. It is a white pizza, and very good.

I love Italian sausage on my pizza and cannot stand pepperoni and all it grease and disgusting smell. Anchovies that were mentioned belong in the sea as fish food and certainly not on my pizza. Luckily Princess has cheese pizza, margarita pizza and specialty pizza ever day. All of you can have all the pepperoni pizza you want and I will never challenge you for the last piece.

Pepperoni and ham is all I have ever seen.

Are you within your cancelation period?

I appreciate that (about the meats).

As to your question, unfortunately I'm going in 6 weeks so unfortunately can't cancel. HOWEVER I did just call Princess to tell them how upset I was about their substandard toppings and told them I felt cheated from the $10 a day worth of pizza I would now NOT be eating on my 2-week cruise. They gave me $150 on-board credit. So yeah, I guess in that way I still AM in my cancellation period.

I appreciate that (about the meats).

As to your question, unfortunately I'm going in 6 weeks so unfortunately can't cancel. HOWEVER I did just call Princess to tell them how upset I was about their substandard toppings and told them I felt cheated from the $10 a day worth of pizza I would now NOT be eating on my 2-week cruise. They gave me $150 on-board credit. So yeah, I guess in that way I still AM in my cancellation period.

Too bad you didn't wait till you were on board to tell them how upset you were. Besides the $150 they would have also given you a soda package to go with the Pizza. :)

I'm sure they can give every one just what they want on their pizza?????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I will be checking my cruise contract to see what it says I can demand a particular topping on my pizza, or a particular ingredient in my salad, or a particular flavor of ice cream, or....

I'm sure they can give every one just what they want on their pizza?????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Uh, no. Unfortunately not a Woodies Wood Fired Pizza so no choices of toppings. You get what they have for the day.:cool:

Uh, no. Unfortunately not a Woodies Wood Fired Pizza so no choices of toppings. You get what they have for the day.:cool:

My post was sarcastic.

Even the local wood fired can not please everyone.

My Favorite Pizza is complex and I can only get it in one or two shops.

My post was sarcastic.

Mine, too. :D

Even the local wood fired can not please everyone.

My Favorite Pizza is complex and I can only get it in one or two shops.

Then you probably would like Woodies in Arvada, Colorado.:cool:

Or anything with fish on it! ;)

Fish does not belong on pizza, well maybe anchovies.

Not even that for me & certainly not mussels which I know is a shelled "mollusk" but it tastes "fishy" to me. ;)

Not even my wife who enjoys mussels very much (particularly at the CG) has wanted to try it on pizza. :eek:

Ah. There are none so blind as those who will not "sea".

Take a look at which pie is #1.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/11/30/best-pizza-in-america/3785309/

It is indeed a perfect pie.

Yes, New Haven pizzerias take 3 of the Top 11 spots. If you want to refine your taste in "abeetz", you have to make a pilgrimage to the pizza mecca....And try the clam pie.

Edited by JimmyVWine

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/11/30/best-pizza-in-america/3785309/

Yes, New Haven pizzerias take 3 of the Top 11 spots. If you want to refine your taste in "abeetz", you have to make a pilgrimage to the pizza mecca....And try the clam pie.

Sorry but since Mr. Bovino rated a Brussels Sprouts pizza as #9, he has no credibility with me & didn't waste my time reading "his" opinion about what is "mo bettah". :p

Grazie for your recommendation to make a pilgrimage to the pizza mecca to refine my taste "abeetz" but will have to decline your suggestion. ;)

Whether it's coffee, wine, pizza or anything else...taste is subjective & despite self proclaimed "expert" opinions I don't always agree with them. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I love Italian sausage on my pizza and cannot stand pepperoni and all it grease and disgusting smell. Anchovies that were mentioned belong in the sea as fish food and certainly not on my pizza. Luckily Princess has cheese pizza, margarita pizza and specialty pizza ever day. All of you can have all the pepperoni pizza you want and I will never challenge you for the last piece.

I hate pepperoni too. Gives me indigestion something fierce but I can wolf down the jalapenos, go figure. :rolleyes:

Princess pizza is what we are talking about, we are way off topic now. :eek:

I agree there are tons of good pizzas out there, I will say the best I have had was in Napoli on a stop with the Regal.

http://damichele.net/