Do you find the YC a good value for the money.

MrJoeBlack

The YC is a very good deal. The type of service that is given can only be found on luxury cruise line for MUCH more money. DH and I will be taking our 3rd cruise on the Divina in the YC. Since we discovered this, we have not been on any other line and this will be our 20th cruise. This video may help. You never find the YC areas crowded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKWDqHvWgc

Edited by bltrn
spelling

It is only a good value if you prefer a peaceful, relaxing experience at the pool area with plenty of chairs, a dedicated restaurant where no request is too much trouble, a stocked refrigerator in your room with the drinks and snacks you like most and a key card for the elevator that bypasses all but the floor you want to go to. Yes, there are free drinks and a dedicated elevator to the spa - but you can get spa services and drink packages if you stay in a cabin anywhere on the ship too. The EXPERIENCE is what sells it for me. It's a no-brainer for us. We are sailing on Wednesday from Barcelona and this is the ONLY ship we've sailed on a second time - primarily because of the Yacht Club (and will continue to do so). After watching people stand in line for towels at the pool and barely have any space - - no thank you. It is YC for me.

As a former NCL enthusiast I am very curious how others would rate MSC on Value of the Dollar or Euro whatever the case may be. It seems MSC is a step above in style and cost. What are your thoughts on this?

Compared to NCL yes it's a good deal.

It is only a good value if you prefer a peaceful, relaxing experience at the pool area with plenty of chairs, a dedicated restaurant where no request is too much trouble, a stocked refrigerator in your room with the drinks and snacks you like most and a key card for the elevator that bypasses all but the floor you want to go to. Yes, there are free drinks and a dedicated elevator to the spa - but you can get spa services and drink packages if you stay in a cabin anywhere on the ship too. The EXPERIENCE is what sells it for me. It's a no-brainer for us. We are sailing on Wednesday from Barcelona and this is the ONLY ship we've sailed on a second time - primarily because of the Yacht Club (and will continue to do so). After watching people stand in line for towels at the pool and barely have any space - - no thank you. It is YC for me.

That is exactly what we are looking for, was a big fan of the suite experience on NCL, was booked into the Haven for the same time period as MSC and decided on the latter

I loved NCL also with Butler service and all but the YC experience is definately 5 star. Was a little worried at first because of some of the reviews but boy was it the best ever! I second everything resstation said. Exactly right! For the price it makes it even harder to say no. I love the fact I don't have to worry about a drink tab. We went in April and just made reservations for a B2B in November in the YC.... you can get hooked! I can't wait for the new ship to come out!

The cabins and entertainment on NCL are a lot better than the YC though. I think if MSC had an enclosed sliding roof over the pool and a restaurant closer to the cabins and a coffee machine they would be a WOW factor cruise line. I did not mind the walk to La Muse , but loads of others complained. The menu in Le Muse was a lot better than the Haven restaurants, (the same menu every night with a few specials) I know you could ask for whatever you fancied on the night, but sometimes I just wanted to be given a better choice. The service was exceptional on Divinas YC, The Havens service is OK, better than average but sometimes falls down.

MSC have got 7 new ships on order, all with the YC, Royal Caribbean are putting 'Havens' on board their ships now as are Celebrity.

NCL Jewel class ships are still my favorite though, just love the atmosphere on board. x

The YC is a wonderful concept at sea and offers great value. As resstation points out, it is the experience. Combine the experience with all the perks and it is a winner. My favourite is The One Pooldeck and the Top Sail Lounge. A paradise at sea.

In just a few weeks time we are in YC on the MSC Fantasia, our sixth cruise in YC.

Highly recommended:)

Dress code is mainly smart/casual with 2 gala nights a week, it is nice to see everyone dressed up, although the dress codes are adhered to more in the US than Europe. There is also a 'white' night and a 'red, green and white' Italian flag night, which is fun.

MSC offers excellent value for money, we had a great deal and the YC for a 21 night repositioning cruise cost only a little more than a standard balcony cabin on another cruise line. The free drinks, mini-bar, water, etc is a real bonus.

I will sail YC again because it was such a lovely chilled experience, although the entertainment was a bit of a let down, it was still a wonderful relaxing cruise.

Have a look at my photos from the YC onboard MSC Preziosa. The area is similar on the MSC Divina. On the MSC Fantasia and MSC Splendida the Top Sail Lounge is slightly smaller. Each ship have their own decor and interior colours. Enjoy :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973929

GREAT pictures. Oh now I can't wait to get back on the Davina YC in November. I posted my pictures on instagram. You can #mscdavina, #mscyachtclub and see many pictures.

• 1 month later...

I am considering booking a YC cabin on Fantasia next January. Would the laundry be complimentary too? And what about the Spa?

So far the rates for the YC cabin is double what is been charged for an average balcony cabin. Are there special offers on YC cabins or is this rate fixed?

Thanks

I am considering booking a YC cabin on Fantasia next January. Would the laundry be complimentary too? And what about the Spa?

Laundry is charged. There is a package you can avail of - it was €25 for 20 items which you can use over the course of the cruise, (though someone has recently posted that the fee has increased). There is direct access to the Spa by a dedicated elevator in YC. This is from MSC website:

The MSC Yacht Club offers private lift access to the opulent MSC Aurea Spa wellness centre. As an MSC Yacht Club guest you are entitled to a complimentary thermal suite in the MSC Aurea Spa, consisting of a superb sauna and Turkish bath for two, moreover your butler can assist with priority reservations for a wide range of exclusive wellness, beauty and massage treatments throughout the day, including:

In-cabin massage treatments: Balinese, reflexology, cranial and four-handed massages in the privacy of your suite.

Candlelight Balinese Massage: physical and mental relaxation enveloping all the senses.

Aromatic Hydrotherapy: a luxurious private chamber for two with music and colour therapy for the ultimate treatment experience.

So far the rates for the YC cabin is double what is been charged for an average balcony cabin. Are there special offers on YC cabins or is this rate fixed?

Thanks

MSC often have offers including for YC cabins.

Edited by Beamafar

I often wonder about it too! Is a 7 night cruise really worth + EUR 2500 just to have 3 extra spaces: top sail lounge, one pool and dedicated restaurant? I mean, the 'free' contents of the mini bar are covered with a fifty Euro bill, no?

MSC is usually so port intensive that I wonder if those few hours a day you would actually spend inside YC are worth to pay so much more then for a regular balcony...Who knows, maybe someday I'll try it :)

I often wonder about it too! Is a 7 night cruise really worth + EUR 2500 just to have 3 extra spaces: top sail lounge, one pool and dedicated restaurant? I mean, the 'free' contents of the mini bar are covered with a fifty Euro bill, no?

MSC is usually so port intensive that I wonder if those few hours a day you would actually spend inside YC are worth to pay so much more then for a regular balcony...Who knows, maybe someday I'll try it :)

My cruise in the YC on Divina cost £1049pp whereas a balcony cost £995pp and add in the All Inclusive at £26 pppd (cost £154) and you get a total of £1149 for a balcony and AI, as compared with £1049 which included All Inclusive in the YC area.

So it was £100pp cheaper to sail in the YC than a balcony. A No Brainer..

There are (or were) good offers available for the YC if you just hunt them down

Pete

I made sure to purchse the OBC $10 voucher my last cruise so I get $400 in OBC in the YC on my next cruise . For me it's the service & I'm a drinker on vacation so its worth it. I have had $700+ bar bills on 7 night cruises. Also in the Caribbean you have shorter port time and more sea days so you get to enjoy the YC more. I'm doing a B2B in December and have been to all those ports I'll be enjoying the YC, that's why I'm going.

I booked YC to mark a special anniversary last September on Preziosa. It was made so memorable by the excellent crew, from Jessica in Concierge, Georgio, the maitreD and Leonardo, the sommelier, in the dining room and the maitreD of the ship who attended to us in the Galaxy restaurant and then came to visit us one lunchtime to ensure we'd enjoyed the experience. On returning home, I immediately booked the Divina YC for this September I was so blown away by the attention and service we received!

My cruise in the YC on Divina cost £1049pp whereas a balcony cost £995pp and add in the All Inclusive at £26 pppd (cost £154) and you get a total of £1149 for a balcony and AI, as compared with £1049 which included All Inclusive in the YC area.

So it was £100pp cheaper to sail in the YC than a balcony. A No Brainer..

There are (or were) good offers available for the YC if you just hunt them down

Pete

Wow, that is indeed a fantastic deal! pitty MSC Belgium Doesn't seem to get those....I will keep my eyes open :-)

Edited by Bra_BE2014

...we prefer the YC2 cabins.

Yes, I know there is no balcony but when we had a YC3 earlier this year, the balcony was basically unusable because of the wind. Remember they are located on the very front of the ship. Even on port days it was so windy, that if we opened the door, everything in the room would blow around.

The square footage for the balcony comes off the square footage in the room.

The YC3 bathroom is half the size, no separate dressing table area, etc.

Also the YC2 are on deck 12 which bothers some people.

That cabin is a bit cheaper than the YC3 and with my $10. coupon like a prior poster spoke about, there is NO better deal at sea.