Cafe al bacio coffees

denatravels

We got horrible service at Cafe del Bacio! I asked for a menu, which took forever for her to find. Then before I had a chance to finish reading, only a few seconds, she started waiting on people behind me.

She didn't know if we had a drink package or planned to charge or account, because we never got that far.

We left and never went back.

Perhaps you got there at a bad time - maybe it was extremely crowded, or they were short-staffed, or were serving people sitting down at tables.

When we were there on the Summit last month, we ALWAYS saw a couple of menus on the counter, and were always greeted with a smile.

We went there at least a dozen (or more) times over the course of the cruise, and we never experienced bad service.

Sorry you chose not to return, but it was your loss. A tiny bit of patience and a positive attitude go a long way to assuring your own vacation is the best possible experience.

Too bad you didn't give them another chance.

I didn't mind them waiting on others while I read the menu, but she took several orders and ignored me after I was ready to order.

They should have had the menu posted on the wall. That way, I could have read the menu while waiting in line.

They have never had a menu on the walls....there are usually

menu's on every table and the set up for Cafe Al Bacio doesn't have

areas for "wall menu's"....when you say the "should have them".....

it is not how they choose to set it up.

Sorry you had poor service and didn't give them another chance.

Usually the wait staff in there is terrific. I am sailing her again in

November and cannot wait:)..gotta get through the summer:eek:

Cafe el Bacio is our favorite spot on any X ship. Just got off the Equinox and I miss those mochas and lattes not to mention the alcoholic ones. Sure they can really get busy, but the wait is never long and we always had excellent service. In fact we tipped our favorite server at the end of the cruise because she took such good care of us.

Ooh, you can get coffee there can you?

Husband had the white zinfandel which is, of course, rose and I had mudslides.

Who was it who suggested mudslides? Once I get my hands on them . . . :D

I think an Aspen was also enjoyed more than once. Unfortunately, despite pestering, they had no raisin and oat cookies except for the first two days. Anywhere. I looked. Disgraceful. Hence the mudslides to boost my calorie intake.

I tried my cocktail challenge but gave up. Tried four. Liked one.

Question for any Canadians....what kind of coffee do I order if my usual, besides home-brewed, is Tim Hortons? I usually drink my coffee black, with no sugar and have tried the Americano which I found too strong. Is there a name for a coffee at Cafe Al Bacio that would be similar to my Timmies? Doing Alaska this September and figuring I'll prob be drinking more hot drinks than cold.

Cathy

Just back from 12-day Dalmatian Coast cruise on the Celebrity Constellation. Cafe Bacio were using UHT/LongLife milk (yuk), which gives coffee a horrible taste. I asked for them to make it on fresh milk and they did....the first time. Second time the waitress just looked at me blankly and said we don't use powdered milk. I tried to explain the difference but it was beyond her, so I gave up and drank it anyway. Very hit and miss affair. When I did get fresh milk, the coffee was excellent and in general the staff in Cafe Bacio were good. Many of the service staff on this ship need some serious English training classes. Didn't have the same issues on Celebrity Eclipse last year though.

Edited by forjools

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but we are Celebrity virgins. Does Café al bacio have table service, or do you line up at the counter like Starbucks, then take your coffee to your table? Or is there a separate queue for takeout?

Either is fine, I just don't want to look like an idiot, sitting at a table and waiting for non-existent table service when I should be standing in a line. :D

Thank you! Oh, by the way, what is an IGLU??

Question for any Canadians....what kind of coffee do I order if my usual, besides home-brewed, is Tim Hortons? I usually drink my coffee black, with no sugar and have tried the Americano which I found too strong. Is there a name for a coffee at Cafe Al Bacio that would be similar to my Timmies? Doing Alaska this September and figuring I'll prob be drinking more hot drinks than cold.

Cathy

Try an Americano with only 1 shot of espresso. Much closer to regular coffee than the normal Americano with 2 shots. My dad ordered this on our Summit and Equinox cruises and found it much like his regular Tim Horton's coffee.

As much as I love Tim Horton's (and I really, really do), I also love trying all of the different varieties of coffees at Al Bacio.

Yes, table service for the cafe's seating area and the lounge seating areas nearby/adjacent. Counter service for takeaways.....and I have absolutely no idea what an IGLU is. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by forjools

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but we are Celebrity virgins. Does Café al bacio have table service, or do you line up at the counter like Starbucks, then take your coffee to your table? Or is there a separate queue for takeout?

Either is fine, I just don't want to look like an idiot, sitting at a table and waiting for non-existent table service when I should be standing in a line. :D

Thank you! Oh, by the way, what is an IGLU??

Iglu is a cold drink

Tasted like a coffee milkshake

Addictive

I don't want to know how fattening it is

Delicious

Try an Americano with only 1 shot of espresso. Much closer to regular coffee than the normal Americano with 2 shots. My dad ordered this on our Summit and Equinox cruises and found it much like his regular Tim Horton's coffee.

As much as I love Tim Horton's (and I really, really do), I also love trying all of the different varieties of coffees at Al Bacio.

Thank you, I will try that on my next cruise. I like to try different things too, but when you're used to drinking your coffee black with no sugar the specialties coffees all taste too sweet to me.