Princess Platinum Insurance Review

pilot

• 4 years later...
On 6/9/2015 at 11:16 AM, GolfMom321 said:

Does the Princess Platinum cover pre-existing conditions? That's always the one that gets me.

The answer is no from what I've been told.  When Princess receives full payment for Princess insurance coverage that's when new condition coverage begins.

53 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

The answer is no from what I've been told.  When Princess receives full payment for Princess insurance coverage that's when new condition coverage begins.

If there is no change and your condition is stable for 90 days then Princess insurance will cover you.  At least they did with me.  Otherwise anything you take meds for would be excluded.

You do realize this thread is 4 YEARS old.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2015 at 7:31 PM, Hlitner said:

Forgive me for being a contrarian but we will be consistent with some of our other posts elsewhere on CC. If you get a cold, flu, or even something more serious the Princess Platinum plan may well pay-off without too many hassles. Yes, that is a good thing.

However, lets say you have a real serious medical problem, have to be evacuated to a hospital in a foreign land, and quickly run-up $80,000 in medical bills for critical care, surgery, etc. That same Princess plan will pay $20,000 and then say....that is all we will pay. My point is that while the plan is fine for relatively minor things, once your expenses go over $20,000 they say "too bad, you exceeded our maximum." Now some folks might thing that $20,000 of Medical is generous coverage, but we have seen that amount exceeded very quickly when you have a major problem. So for those that have no other insurance that will give them coverage outside the country we always suggest finding a travel med policy with at least $100,000 in medical coverage,,,and that should be the bare minimum. Buying insurance that will pay off for minor claims of a few hundred or even thousand dollars is fine, but not having coverage for a truly major medical issue is taking a gamble with your entire financial future (for most folks).

If I have to fight with an insurance company over a $300 claim my life will not change if they refuse to pay or if they are nice and do pay. But if I am fighting to get reimbursement for a $80,000 claim or even a $30,000 claim and they have a $20,000 limit it is going to be a very bad day for me :).

Hank

Totally Agree...Always separate your Private Travel insurance from the Cruise Line insurance

• Like 1