Check in time mandatory?

If you are in a suite or one of the higher levels of crown and anchor you can check in earlier. It varies by ship how strict they are with the rest of the passesngers. Bear in mind cabins are rarely available before 1:00pm.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

So far, the only place I've heard that they enforce arrival times is Australia.

They didnt enforce our time in April no one ever really looked at what deck we were on. Our allocated boarding time was 3pm however we got there about 12.30pm. We even seemed to get ushered upstairs to a quicker line i think maybe the 2 year old with a pram did it for us. Once there we checked in via the C&A gold line(which is what we are anyway) next year we are going to do the same thing.

They didnt enforce our time in April no one ever really looked at what deck we were on. Our allocated boarding time was 3pm however we got there about 12.30pm. We even seemed to get ushered upstairs to a quicker line i think maybe the 2 year old with a pram did it for us. Once there we checked in via the C&A gold line(which is what we are anyway) next year we are going to do the same thing.

Thanks for the update, I guess my info was out of date

Just adding on, we have an early boarding time at 11:45 for our upcoming cruise, but our friend on a linked reservation has a later time at 12:45. We're all boarding together. They haven't bothered us in the past.... :) so i would not worry about that.

I was told that they are more likely to enforce time slots in Europe than in the US, and on bigger ships like Quantum class?

I think it makes sense to have some kind of system in place for boarding when there are several thousands of passengers, as if it was a free for all and everyone ignored their request to wait it could be chaotic and difficult for checking in staff to manage.

We will comply with any request to arrive after a certain time.

I want to get there early to try and book the prohibition party.

Not that I am privy to every detail of every cruise, but I have never heard of the Prohibition party selling out.

To the contrary, I know people who signed up who were later notified that it was cancelled because not enough people signed up.

Not sure that arriving with a 2 yr old in a pram proves one way or the other - they would likely be ushered thru at any time. Just like elderly or mobility challenged guests.

RC do publish boarding times by deck for Australian embarkations, but a check-in agent, who does frequent the Aus/NZ board on cc, advises that the boarding times are only enforced if there are crowds at that time & there have been posts on cc about people being turned away. This was principally during the terminal improvement works completed earlier this year.

Arrriving at 12:30 or later would likely to be fine, as the rush tends to be from say 11 - 12. Improvements to the terminal in Sydney may negate the need for staggering boarding.