Can anyone explain Labadee, Haiti?

Gingee

Is it had to find an umbrella , we have beach blankets and we were considering talking our sport umbrella, and do the kids have to pay to play on the floating water toys.

Gail

Yes. I think the fee is good for 1 hr. of time.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Hello

Can anyone tell me if T-mobile cellular reception on Labadee. We have international plan but want to make sure that we can make calls from there. dont need to be on phone the whole time...but we have to be accessible in case of emergency. T mobile said they cover Haiti but did not know specifically if Labadee had signal

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I have a problem with looking too much up online which can freak me out. Did any of you who sailed to this port get any vaccines or take anti-malarial drugs? I read on the CDC travel.gov site that malaria is moderate risk and in all areas of Haiti including Port Labadee.

Thanks!

I agree, we are going to Labadee for the 6th time and love it love it...

Awesome.

Relaxing place.

Love it.[/quote

Is it had to find an umbrella , we have beach blankets and we were considering talking our sport umbrella, and do the kids have to pay to play on the floating water toys.

Gail

If you get off the ship early, you can get shade, umbrellas, clam shells.................

also

Why invest in a locker someone posted above.

We got a KYSS bag take it on all our travels lock it to the chair, never had a problem.

Also before we got a KYSS bag, just left our stuff on a chair and always found it.

Enjoy

Okay so I have a problem with looking too much up online which can freak me out. Did any of you who sailed to this port get any vaccines or take anti-malarial drugs? I read on the CDC travel.gov site that malaria is moderate risk and in all areas of Haiti including Port Labadee.

Thanks!

You don't need any for this port. It is a sanitized private port. Also all food and beverages come from the ship.

Edited by Charles4515

You don't need any for this port. It is a sanitized private port. Also all food and beverages come from the ship.

For many years one could not donate blood if they had been to Labadee for a period of one year. I believe that had changed. Still, I would suggest the person you respond to consult a physician if they are concerned.

Thanks!

No.

What is sanitized, the chairs that hundreds of people have used or the flies that decide to land on the food?:confused:

What is sanitized, the chairs that hundreds of people have used or the flies that decide to land on the food?:confused:

It is sanitized in the sense it is in Haiti.....but it is not like the real Haiti. It is like a Potemkin Village. And Royal Caribbean built and maintains all the facilities. The food and water is brought from the ship.

As far as vaccines none are needed that you don't need for any other Caribbean port. But I think anyone who travels in the Caribbean should get a Hepatitis vaccination. None of those islands we visit on cruises has sewage treatemnt plants. Not only the Caribbean, even in the US sewage gets dumped in the Ocean.

Edited by Charles4515

It is sanitized in the sense it is in Haiti.....but it is not like the real Haiti. It is like a Potemkin Village. And Royal Caribbean built and maintains all the facilities. The food and water is brought from the ship.

As far as vaccines none are needed that you don't need for any other Caribbean port. But I think anyone who travels in the Caribbean should get a Hepatitis vaccination. None of those islands we visit on cruises has sewage treatemnt plants. Not only the Caribbean, even in the US sewage gets dumped in the Ocean.

Now I understand your meaning and I agree with you completely.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to Labadee for the first time in a few weeks from now. I'm more interested in sitting on the beach and maybe going into the water for a bit. I see that there are multiple beaches on the map. What is everyone's favorites and which one is the best for a (relatively) quite day?

Also, I may want to try out the roller coaster. Is it fast/scary? I've seen a few videos online and I've heard you control the speed, and I'm more ingested in the view than the trill. Also, is it easy to get to?

Edited by Ravenclawriter

I'm going to Labadee for the first time in a few weeks from now. I'm more interested in sitting on the beach and maybe going into the water for a bit. I see that there are multiple beaches on the map. What is everyone's favorites and which one is the best for a (relatively) quite day?

Also, I may want to try out the roller coaster. Is it fast/scary? I've seen a few videos online and I've heard you control the speed, and I'm more ingested in the view than the trill. Also, is it easy to get to?

Barefoot beach is you are in a suite. Otherwise Columbus Cove is my favorite and the quietest. It has some shade and it is sandy in the water. It is the farthest from the dock. You can, walk, take the tram or the water taxi from the dock.

The roller coaster is easy to get to. It is close to the town square in the center. It is an easy coaster where you control the speed.

We are doing the Labadee Haitian cultural Tour at Paradise Cove. Would an experienced cruiser tell me where, on the map posted in this thread, Paradise Cove is located. Also, if you have taken this excursion, please share helpful tips and positive aspects. Thank You

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MinnieLinda....I have done the Haitian Cultural tour twice and really enjoyed it both times. I can't tell you where it's located on the map, but you take a small boat there from Labadee. We particularly enjoyed spending time talking to the tour guides and really being to ask questions and learn about how things really are for the locals there. The rum punch is also yummy and fairly inexpensive. I think you will enjoy it!!