Fizzlewicket's First Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas 6/4 – 6/13/2015

Well, I can't wait to share my experience with everyone.

This certainly is a time for firsts. First cruise, first review, first time using photobucket and YouTube.

Now back on topic ... The Main Dining Room.

MDR%202.jpg

All these pictures were taken by a Iphone 6 by the way with nothing added.

I discovered the wonders of panoramics too during this cruise and here is one of the MDR.

MDR%204.jpg

Really enjoying your review. Love the added videos. We'll be sailing on LOS in September so your review is hitting the spot [emoji5]

Really enjoying your review. Love the added videos. We'll be sailing on LOS in September so your review is hitting the spot [emoji5]

Also....would love some pics or video of the Solarium if you get there....thanks!

Fizzlewicket,

This is the best review of the Liberty I have read! I am enjoying the format you chose with the humorous and detailed explanations. I can't wait to read more! We sail in less than a month and your review is making me more excited to go. Keep it coming!

Also....would love some pics or video of the Solarium if you get there....thanks!

We are working our way to the top deck and I have a couple of Solarium pictures. Was'nt too impressed with the design, but its great for a quiet evening swim.

Fizzlewicket,

This is the best review of the Liberty I have read! I am enjoying the format you chose with the humorous and detailed explanations. I can't wait to read more! We sail in less than a month and your review is making me more excited to go. Keep it coming!

I really appreciate everyones feedback. It does help reviews in keeping the momentum when posting long reviews. We have many wonderful reviews that explain things with words and give great commentary and feedback, but I am just trying to change the format again and make people feel like they are on the ship with me. :D

And we continue ...

The pool deck? Yeah yeah, we will get to that. Let’s check out some other places first. C’mon, keep up. I have so much more to show you.

This is The Sphinx. They do Bingo, live music, trivia games, and port seminars here. I highly recommend going to the port seminars if you have been to these port or are new to cruising. I really learned a lot and they made my port experience much smoother.

Semimar.jpg

Sphinx%201.jpg

Sphinx%202.jpg

Sphinx%203.jpg

Edited by Fizzlewicket

You know what? You can actually go out to the very front of the ship on that helicopter area. Already knew that? Well, sorry, but this is all new to me. Let’s go!

Front%201_1.jpg

At the very tip of the front of the ship ....

Front%203.jpg

And a great pano to see everything ...

Front%204.jpg

I know it read it somewhere else once before but I forget now.

How do you access the helipad area?

Loving your review so far...keep it coming! :D

Couple of decks up, we come to The Library.

Library%201.jpg

Library%202.jpg

The library has some very comfy chairs overlooking the Promenade, so this was my favorite place to hang out in the early morning. I would make notes of all the things from the days before so I wouldn’t forget. And that view … That’s a bonus.

Internet.jpg

Here on deck 8 is Royal Caribbean online.

Hmmm? Hear what? Oh that? Let's see ..... The Cruise Compass says .... Here it is .... Men of Culture on the Promanade. Want to go check it out?

If we step out from the Sphinx, there is another great view to watch the entertainment.

Great%20View.jpg

But let's head down to the Promanade deck and check out the music.

Culture%201.jpg

Great band!

TEFRFU4l6YA

hEOsMwgmf68

Make sure you watch where you are backing up to. You almost hit that sales table.

Sales.jpg

Most times these sale tables are a frenzy of activity and the throngs of people block traffic.

Look at that purple glow of the nightime Promenade. My favorite color is purple so this is wonderful. Though .... it does kinda look like a haunted house. .... Or is that just me? :eek:

Prom%202.jpg

I know it read it somewhere else once before but I forget now.

How do you access the helipad area?

Loving your review so far...keep it coming! :D

It is actually very easy. Just head out to deck 4 which is the wrap around outside deck and head to the front. You will hit some stairs and be able to hang out on the pad. Though make sure you hold on to your hats and sunglasses. It can get extremely windy out there. Tanya would sometime just sit on a bench with her eyes closed. She enjoyed the warm sun and the cool ocean breeze. What a perfect combination. :cool:

Great review and photos! Can't believe they are all from your iPhone!

I know, right? The IPhone does have some photo editing in the photo app, but never found a need for it. The overall lighting on the ship is fantastic for photos.

The artwork on the stairs? Yeah, they sure are weird.

Art%201.jpg

Art%202.jpg

Art%203.jpg

Art%205.jpg

Art6.jpg

Oh hey! I know this one ... This one tells me I am on the right deck and am at the nearest hallway to my cabin.

What's it all mean? Hmmmm .... Hey! Check this out! It's a plague that explains the theme. Something about perceptions of reality.

Art11.jpg

Edited by Fizzlewicket

Hello Fizzlewicket, thoroughly enjoying your Liberty of the Seas travelogue.

The photographs and your whimsical approach to the retelling of your voyage, make

it all the more enjoyable to read.

Looking forward to the next installments. The videos are superb too, will have to catch Matt Yee,

seems like loads of fun.

Can't wait for our voyage on Liberty in August.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

I really appreciate everyones feedback. It does help reviews in keeping the momentum when posting long reviews. We have many wonderful reviews that explain things with words and give great commentary and feedback, but I am just trying to change the format again and make people feel like they are on the ship with me. :D

Awesome review. I feel I'm there

Great review. Seeing and hearing things I haven't seen before. I'm concerned though because you are traveling all over the ship, and have only had one meal! :) Would love to see more food pictures with subtitles.

We are considering a cruise out of Texas next year. We skipped the cruise this year in favor of a land vacay in Hawaii, and after all of that flying, I'm ready to pass on the airplane for awhile!

Someone mentioned Liberty is going into dry dock. Any ideas what is going to be done? These photos seem pretty on par with other ships we've been on.

Ann