Question about beds

eddmel

Our recent cruises have been on the Riviera in an Oceania suite...we had a king size bed that could not be separated into 2 beds. Worked out well, was nice and wide.

We're thinking of booking a cruise on the Sirena which apparently will be like the Nautica and Insignia. With the Owners and Vista suites can the beds be separated? I think they talk about queen size bed...wouldn't that be narrower than a king size bed?

I believe you are mistaken.

The beds do separate if desired.

This is one of those Catch 22 questions; all of the beds are supposed to separate, but if the Passengers who had your Cabin before You objected to the split mattresses of a divided king, then a single mattress may have been put in place.

They will switch it back, but those mattresses are cumbersome and heavy, so you must be firm that you want the change.

Do I need to notify in advance that we would like the beds made up as 2, or when we board??

Thanks.

You can request it ahead of time through your TA if you used one

Would make the room attendants life easier ;)

Do I need to notify in advance that we would like the beds made up as 2, or when we board??

Thanks.

Best before, you can go online to Guest Services and make your bed request.

I also make my request for preferred beverages for the cabin fridge. You can also request any dietary needs the same way..

Best before, you can go online to Guest Services and make your bed request.

I also make my request for preferred beverages for the cabin fridge. You can also request any dietary needs the same way..

I have never seen a place to request beverages for the fridge nor bed preference :confused:

I know on Princess you can do that but not on Oceania ...is this new?

I have never seen a place to request beverages for the fridge nor bed preference :confused:

You go into Guest Service-Send us a Message .... There is no 'check the box' format, you write request in the 'Comment' box.

Lyn, I have never seen a specific place for such requests, either. However, at the bottom of Oceania's web pages, there is a heading for "Guest Services", and one of the links is to "Contact Us". I suppose one could use this link to make such requests, but I have no idea to which department it would be sent, or how well they communicate with the ship. It would be interesting to try...

You go into Guest Service-Send us a Message .... There is no 'check the box' format, you write request in the 'Comment' box.

Thanks

I have a very good TA she takes care of these things for me

Lyn

All of which, I guess, goes to show that such a request is best made by the TA.

IF you have one! :D I know there are those who prefer not to use a TA ... In Renaissance days we didn't either!

Then again ... if you do NOT use a TA, you should be able to call in your requests as well. I've seen (through open doors) bed setups that were separate ... I don't know about the feasibility of breaking up the huge bed into two smaller ones, though, if you are in a top suite.

Maybe ... just a thought ... if you are two people sharing a bed who normally would not do so, in a king size bed it isn't such a problem! As a young person I occasionally had to share a bed with a travel companion, usually a double. That was difficult for me. But I could manage with a queen or king with no problem at all.

I was wondering about these possibilities recently because we have booked a cruise (not on O) leaving in September and maybe my husband won't be able to go. So I was hunting around for a friend who might want to replace him ... and in that case, I too, would want separate beds. (As I am sure they would.)

But Jim/Stan made an excellent point about the difficulty of swapping out a king size bed for two smaller ones!

And I agree with everyone else as well ... if you want two separate beds, no matter what category, let the ship know in advance.

Mura

Lyn, I have never seen a specific place for such requests, either. However, at the bottom of Oceania's web pages, there is a heading for "Guest Services", and one of the links is to "Contact Us". I suppose one could use this link to make such requests, but I have no idea to which department it would be sent, or how well they communicate with the ship. It would be interesting to try...

I've done it this way for our last couple of cruises: requests (diet coke, tonic, separate beds & lactose free diet!) I got a confirmation response by email. I also got a phone call in cabin on embarkation day to confirm dietary needs.

Edited by canuck.qc

I believe you are mistaken.

The beds do separate if desired.

Not true - we also had an Oceania suite and it was one mattress, King size. Last cruise we were in the Owners Suite and it was the same thing. No possibiity of separating them. The head/foot boards would have needed sawing.

Mike Moore, who is in charge of the O & RSSC sites has e-mailed me that suite requests are not yet available online. This obviously is not true on Regent, but is on O.

We are on Nautica in Nov. and I called in to customer service, our PH3 queen bed is capable of being split:)

The problem seems to be with king size beds in the top suites on Marina and Riviera. The lower level cabins have always had the flexibility to have two beds or one. While we've never opted for separate beds, I've peeked into rooms that DID.

Mura

The problem seems to be with king size beds in the top suites on Marina and Riviera. The lower level cabins have always had the flexibility to have two beds or one. While we've never opted for separate beds, I've peeked into rooms that DID.

Mura

+1

-and with the Sirena having spent time under Princess tutelage, she is even more likely to offer multiple bed configurations in every cabin.

• 8 years later...

Anyone have pictures of a balcony cabin with the beds separated? Many times it's just a few inches of a gap. Trying not to be crammed in with my sister. On Paul Gauguin, we moved one bed closer to the balcony and put the couch between us. It was a brilliant setup. Granted, I wrangled the furniture myself that trip. Not sure if I'm capable anymore 😕 🤔

We're on Vista. Deck.9, concierge cabin A3 or A4. 

Thanks!!!

Edited by Pengawin3
Spelling

45 minutes ago, Pengawin3 said:

Anyone have pictures of a balcony cabin with the beds separated? Many times it's just a few inches of a gap. Trying not to be crammed in with my sister. On Paul Gauguin, we moved one bed closer to the balcony and put the couch between us. It was a brilliant setup. Granted, I wrangled the furniture myself that trip. Not sure if I'm capable anymore 😕 🤔

Thanks!!!

IMG_2158.thumb.png.af627b8c36530a19f9558e9436efa63c.png

49 minutes ago, Pengawin3 said:

Thanks!!!

Above is photo I found online with beds close together.  As I recall on Vista the bedside tables are not built in but movable so most likely they would also set it up with one of them between the beds. If that is done then the one bed is right next to sofa and the lights and outlets are then at the head of the bed. A bit awkward but doable. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Thanks 1