The husband approved

*jess*

I have been approved to book our cruise! We will be sailing on the Carnival Dream November 27, 2016 from New Orleans! It'll be our 2 year anniversary trip. We were looking at NCL and Carnival around the same time frame, but Carnival's pricing won out. Plus we got engaged on a Carnival ship, so it's only fitting that we celebrate our anniversary on one! Yay! Our first cruise in over 2 years, I'm so excited!!! ***Now to read everything I can on the boards about the Dream....***

I need my husband permission but only because of dates. He sometimes has commitments for projects schedule a year out. It doesn't work to just tell the boss," oh sorry I can do that the wife booked a cruise" So yes I do have to check with him before I book.

He doesn't really care where we go but does prefer new ports. I get 25 days a year at sea so I do try to maximize my sailings.

I need my husband permission but only because of dates. He sometimes has commitments for projects schedule a year out. It doesn't work to just tell the boss," oh sorry I can do that the wife booked a cruise" So yes I do have to check with him before I book.

He doesn't really care where we go but does prefer new ports. I get 25 days a year at sea so I do try to maximize my sailings.

...not exactly needing permission or approval--that's checking your schedule.

Congrats! My husband learns about the cruises when I say "guess what I did today!" Lol

Haha, same here!

And to the OP: I totally understand about needing to work cruise schedule around the time off that your husband can get. For the record, I wasn't trying to diss you. Just commenting that I'm glad that I don't have to wait until my husband gives the ok. I kind of like being able to plan everything myself. We are a good team in that respect.

Yeah y'all are definitely taking it too seriously.... For the most part he just says "tell me where to be and when and how much" and I plan everything. But I run things by him to make sure it's something he wants to do too, and because we're married and financially pay for trips and things together it's important to make sure we both agree on the trip.

Yeah y'all are definitely taking it too seriously.... For the most part he just says "tell me where to be and when and how much" and I plan everything. But I run things by him to make sure it's something he wants to do too, and because we're married and financially pay for trips and things together it's important to make sure we both agree on the trip.
...so now you say, "I was just kidding." Your original post began quite differently...

Ok I'm going to quit this now.... This was supposed to be me saying "Yay! I'm going on a cruise with my husband! Because he's paying for the cruise too, he definitely gets a say in where we're going, and he is wanting to go on this cruise too! Woohoo!"

So with that, have a great day y'all!

And don't quit asking permission.

I ask my wife permission for all kinds of things. I wouldn't consider booking a vacation without her approval.

But I got her approval on her wedding ring as well so.....

And BTW, Congrats on booking the cruise and your togetherness :)

Edited by fuddrules

Ok I'm going to quit this now.... This was supposed to be me saying "Yay! I'm going on a cruise with my husband! Because he's paying for the cruise too, he definitely gets a say in where we're going, and he is wanting to go on this cruise too! Woohoo!"

So with that, have a great day y'all!

Jess-

You aren't asking permission. You're consulting...and working as a team. That's what marriage is about.

You'd be selfish if you booked something without making sure he's agreeable. After all....me may want to hike in the desert, or go mountain climbing.

Enjoy your cruise.......

Going on 49 years of marriage and I always ask "permission" or "approval" from my wife and she shows me the same respect. It works. Wonder how many divorces are caused by not showing that respect to your spouse.

OP, glad you are cruising and congrats on your marriage. I wish you many more cruises and anniversary's.

Edited by welldone60

Way to be a party pooper! Sheesh! The OP was just excited about booking her cruise and some have to read more into it than that and weigh in with their unsolicited opinions. :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise *jess* !!

I knew exactly what you meant as well. I also couldn't imagine booking a cruise without talking to my SO before booking either. I do all the booking and planning because I enjoy it but still wouldn't do it without consulting him first. Enjoy your cruise & the planning!