ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

Are there any fees , costs or missing things on MSC cruises that I should be aware of ? Having cruised almost all the majors we have certain expectations at what does or doesn't come with the base rate . We have not cruised with NCL and it seems that it is closest to the MSC , more of an "a la carte" model then the lines. BTW , I am surprised that soda/water and 1 bottle of wine PP are not allowed on . Each business can make it's own policy but I am surprised .

Just made a booking for March '17 on the Divina . Frankly going Fantastica over Bella was a no brainer based on the cabin size . We reserved a cabin with 191 sq. feet and a 121 sq foot balcony .(Had to highlight the balcony size .:D:eek:). I'm not sure what if any of the other "upgrades" we would use . Possibly the continental breakfast .

Is your cabin an aft facing cabin

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

or is it a corner balcony with only a 90 degree field of view?

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Neither . Cabin is 10080 which is the first cabin as the ship narrows . I should say that the 121 sq feet measurement come from a MSC rep . There is a review on CC from someone who had cabin 13052 located in the same location . They wrote "We had a great balcony. 16 ft long and 7 feet wide. ". Sounds good but it may have a "limited field of view".

Edited by richstowe

Here is the latest Experiences Comparison chart.

It's interesting to note that "MY TIME" Dining is NOT included on the FANTASICA Experience.

WELLNESS is available fro, SUMMER 2017

THIS INFORMATION IS FROM THE MSC UK web site

NEW%20EXP%20CHART%201.jpg

NEW20EXP20CHART202.jpg

NEW%20EXP%20CHART%203.jpg

NEW%20EXP%20CHART%204.jpg

NEW%20EXP%20CHART%205.jpg

Things seem to change on a daily basis so the whole system appears to be very fluid.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
I booked a cruise on Divina for 12/6/16 with a travel agent. I booked a Fantastica Balcony cabin. I was advised that I would have the anytime dining by the agent and it is printed on my confirmation paperwork as well. I hope this is correct.

I thought anytime dining was for Aurea Class? We are Fantastica (booked on the same sailing, as well), and selected 2nd seating.

Edited by SDLong329

I thought anytime dining was for Aurea Class? We are Fantastica (booked on the same sailing, as well), and selected 2nd seating.

I thought it was too and when we were on Divina in December 2015 (we had a Fantastica Balcony room) we had to choose between early or late dining. With this reservation, the travel agent asked if we wanted early, late or anytime dining so I told her anytime. I thought she had goofed but when I looked at the confirmation she emailed me, it said anytime dining for my dining time. I don't know if MSC made this change for 2016 or if the agent made the mistake. I guess I will find out in December!!

I thought it was too and when we were on Divina in December 2015 (we had a Fantastica Balcony room) we had to choose between early or late dining. With this reservation, the travel agent asked if we wanted early, late or anytime dining so I told her anytime. I thought she had goofed but when I looked at the confirmation she emailed me, it said anytime dining for my dining time. I don't know if MSC made this change for 2016 or if the agent made the mistake. I guess I will find out in December!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

SDLong329 wrote

THis is what the online UK brochure for 2016 /2017 and it is effective from April 2016

my%20time%20dining.jpg

We booked through Cheap Cruises/ World Travel Holdings, which I believe is based in the United States, which is where we live. I can't imagine that the UK brochure would offer guests from Europe different options on the ship than the options Americans are given. When I made my reservation in December, I was quite surprised when the travel agent asked me if we wanted the anytime dining. I figured she was mistaken but I just went along with it. Either way, I am on a cruise for a week. As long as I don't have to cook and do dishes, I don't care what time I have to eat!!!

We booked through Cheap Cruises/ World Travel Holdings, which I believe is based in the United States, which is where we live. I can't imagine that the UK brochure would offer guests from Europe different options on the ship than the options Americans are given.

It is common for cruise lines to offer different packages, perks, plans ... as well as costs to guests in different countries.

May I ask in which month and year you are sailing?

Edited by SDLong329

I booked a cruise on Divina for 12/6/16 with a travel agent. I booked a Fantastica Balcony cabin. I was advised that I would have the anytime dining by the agent and it is printed on my confirmation paperwork as well. I hope this is correct.

Cheap Cruises / World Travel Holdings has offices in the US, as well as the UK. I would presume you were provided a perk which is being offered by UK based travel agents.

Edited by SDLong329

It is common for cruise lines to offer different packages, perks, plans ... as well as costs to guests in different countries.

May I ask in which month and year you are sailing?

We are on the 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise leaving out December 6, 2016. I truly could care less about anytime dining, as long as I don't have to eat early, but I figured since the travel agent offered it to me, I would take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the experiences from the UK 2017/2018 brochure

BELLA

The turn down service is reinstated

nEW%20bElla.jpg

FANTASTICA

NOTE :- "MY TIME DINING" ON LIRICA CLASS (ONLY?)

new%20fantastica.jpg

WELLNESS

THE NEW CLASS of EXPRIENCE

new%20wellness.jpg

AUREA

ENHANCED SPA PACKAGE

new%20aurea.jpg

We are thinking of sailing the Divinia this summer with my 6&4 year old grandchildren. Does anyone know if the balcony rooms that are for four passengers have Pullman beds? Also do outside cabins have picture windows or portholes?

Thanks!

We are thinking of sailing the Divinia this summer with my 6&4 year old grandchildren. Does anyone know if the balcony rooms that are for four passengers have Pullman beds? Also do outside cabins have picture windows or portholes?

Thanks!

The deck plans indicate 3/4 guest are in bunks, and I believe these come down from the ceiling on Divina

This is claimed to be an OV on Divina

rooms-5059-ov-cat-4-johns.jpg?w=640

Outside Cabins have port holes.

those on deck 8 (two blocks) overlook lifeboats

those on deck 5 look straight out to sea

they are indicated in the red boxes on the image below

divina%20OV.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Our balcony cabin had a couch that pulled out to make a queen size bed.

We were in 13049 and on a couple more trips in 13052.

The pull out is big enough that our 2 teenage grandsons fit in it and they are 6'2 and 6'4.

Hope that helps,

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

Here are the experiences from the UK 2017/2018 brochure ...

FANTASTICA

NOTE :- "MY TIME DINING" ON LIRICA CLASS (ONLY?)

I am a newbie to MSC, but I thought some MSC ships offered My Time dining in a dedicated area of a main dining room. If that is correct, I wonder whether Lirica class My Time dining in a dedicated restaurant is perhaps related to smaller Main Dining Rooms and / or additional dining venues?

:confused: