GAPearl's "MAGIC"al Birthday Cruise! Complete Magic picture review-6/14/15 sailing.

gapearl

Hi all!

gapearl ~ really enjoying your review!:D You sure got some good selfies, makes me wish I had taken mine out of the box on my recent trip. You can get so much more background in the picture & it doesn't look like whatever's coming out of your head!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Loving your review. I love the Magic, been on her twice and planning a third trip. Your face during the Tropical Storm Bill video was priceless. And I'll admit, I laughed out loud of your description of your mom praying to Jesus during the storm. Not laughing AT her... Laughing WITH her :) I bet your personality and demeanor would calm and entertain even the most nervous and stoic of flight passengers.

I have a question, would you happen to know if they shut the storm doors on the cove balconies during all that rocking and rolling during the storm?

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Hey Jenna! Noooo I wouldn't do a repo cruise like that. Way too many sea says for me. Are your mom and brother going also? You'll be happy to hear the DJ on Magic was awesome! :)

Right now it's just my mom and me. I doubt everyone else will come being its over Thanksgiving. I hope they get better DJ's on ALL ships. I'm excited to see what the club on MSC is like. A friend of mine is going to start working in management on Royal Caribbean this week, so who knows if I'll venture over there too!

This is such an adorable review! I loved the part about your mom quoting scripture and calling on Jesus. So adorable! Yes, it is very hard to work out when the ship is rockin' and rollin'! But the pictures you got that day are GREAT!

I'm looking forward to my cruise with great anticipation!

This has cracked me up all day long! :D It made me think of my mom who passed away in 2007, when I took her to sign up for Medicare Part D, she swore it was a scam, and she flat out refused to get call waiting on her phone because "If I am already talking to someone why would I switch over to talk to someone else" Lol!!! So as you've said about spanx, "the struggle is real when dealing with our elderly parents :) "

Btw I just told the hubby, yayyyy we're gonna meet GA Pearl on the Vista!

Yes my mother can be a trip sometimes. lol I have more funnies from her later. :)

It'll be great to meet you! I haven't checked out the roll call yet. I'm leaving her home for that cruise. haha

Yay!!! I've been looking forward to your Magic review since seeing your picture posted on JH's page for being the first at the Red Frog. I knew you were cruising on the Magic but didn't know exactly when. I haven't been on CC yesterday or most of today but just got on this afternoon and your review is up and 7 pages long already!!!

I love the video you made, awesome and very professional!!! I'd love to figure out how to do that one of these days. I'm really enjoying this one just as much as I've enjoyed your others. You're pictures are great, as usual, and I'm really looking forward to the rest.

Happy Birthday a week late and thank you for sharing your birthday cruise. :)

Hey there! Glad you're here reading again! I used an app on my iphone to make the video. It was a template and all I had to do was plug everything in. I'm so not tech savvy enough to make something like that on my own.

Thanks for all the kind words as usual!

I've read one of your reviews, and am excited to read this as I'm trying to pick a cruise for my daughter and I next year!

Pick the Magic! Pick the Magic! :D

I sit at work and get through my day off of your reviews. I inspire to write a great review like you.

Thanks Tiffy! You should write a review one day. I'm glad I can get you through your work day!

Your reviewers are always awesome to read. I have a question ... Where did you buy your selfie stick? I want to get one for my next cruise.

I got mine from Spencer's Gifts for $9.99 but I've seen them at Walmart and other random stores too. I saw one at a kiosk at the mall for $35. You can get them way cheaper than that. Thanks for reading!

This tickled me!! I've BEEN THERE - gotten the t-shirt, bumper sticker, and magnet. :) No shame in that game.

On my most recent cruise, after spending the three days prior in New Orleans eating everything in sight, I thought the button on my shorts was going to pop off in the MDR. I will definitely be taking your advice to heart - maxi dresses and elastic towards the end of every cruise! xo

This happened to me on the last day of another cruise. :eek:

c14db546-7636-4489-8793-82193e91d849_zpsd2d5c1fd.jpg

Nothing but leggings and maxi dresses ever since then.

Thank you for posting this review. I'm going on the Magic in November (for my bday too!) and love reading about this ship.

Keep them coming!

- Cindy

Birthday cruises are a lot of fun! Do you need to borrow my birthday girl sash and tiara? :D There's so much more coming so stick around.

Brings me back going through Isaac in 2012, it does really crazy windy. And I'm really enjoying your review.

I have had one other rocky day on my Mediterranean cruise. We couldn't tender in Nice, France and spent the day at sea. But it was nothing like this!

Sorry to interrupt.

But, u should have taken Carter home. 😉. He looks good, y'all look good together...just saying.😁

Really wondering how the MDR was. I was on HAL ship during a storm, and it got ugly. I don't get sea sick, but it was difficult to eat with so many getting sick around me & so close to our table.

Haha he was cute! I'm lucky I never get seasick. I didn't see anyone get sick but I'm sure people were pulling out their seasick pills. I hope I never sail through something like that again.

Kim always enjoy reading your reviews, you do such a great job and your video was fantastic . Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you so much!

Great review so far, Kim. And I loved your video! I had a feeling there would be a cornbread issue. :D:eek: Hope you had a great birthday.

Heather

Thanks Heather! It was a fantastic birthday!

GAPearl that video of your face on the deck during the storm when you pan over is hilarious!! Just a few seconds, but I'm sitting here cracking up!:p Your mom sounds like what my mother would be doing heaven forbid I ever get her to sail and we encounter rough seas!

Enjoying your review. We're booked on the Magic for next year once she gets to PC!

Haha I was trying to not be blown over! :p Seems like a lot of people are anxiously awaiting Magic coming to PC. I think you all will enjoy her. She'll be a nice new addition to the area.

Hi Kimberly! That is my son and I in the picture doing the Wobble with you at Sailaway--fun times! Looking forward to your review of a great cruise! Love the video!

Yes y'all are famous now! :D It was so fun meeting you and chatting with you around the ship! Maybe we'll end up on a cruise together again one day.

oh man your already on day 2... your gone be done before I am LOL.

Love all the selfies, adorable!

So sad you didnt win the mixology contest.. drink sounds good might have to make one this weekend.

LOL thank goodness I had a few more days off after the cruise before going back to work to get this started. I had fun taking selfies all over the place. Everyone was like cool, a selfie stick, I need one! :cool:

I talked to a man later in the day that said it was his first cruise and his last cruise. I tried to reassure him that this wasn't normal and I haven't felt anything quite like this before.

Our first cruise sailed out of Mobile, AL when Tropical Storm Faye was coming ashore. That night, I was so sick. So sick that DH called the infirmary about midnight to see what could be done. I was already thinking, "This is going to my first and my last."

The next morning hubby was up before me. When I got up and he came back to the room, he told me to get ready and come up on the Lido deck. "You can't even tell we're moving," he said. I trusted him (we were celebrating our 20th anniversary so I figured he could be trusted ;)) and could not believe the difference!

We've now been on five cruises with two more booked. I've had a few other days that I didn't feel the best while cruising but not enough to make me give it up!

BTW, I'm loving your review!