labadee beach beds?

mark22mac

i just checked my cruise planner for sept 27 i noticed a beach bed for $175 on adrenaline beach.Not the private beach or the upgraded lunch just some water beach mats and a beach bed attendant.Is this something new?seems kind of expensive to me.

The new picture on the cruise planner caught my eye I just never saw them before. It's just a square pavilion type thing with rolled up sides. At the bottom of the page They even say there is no shade on adrenaline beach.

The new picture on the cruise planner caught my eye I just never saw them before. It's just a square pavilion type thing with rolled up sides. At the bottom of the page They even say there is no shade on adrenaline beach.

Well, maybe they have changed the policy, but we were able to get loungers and an umbrella for no extra cost the last time we were there.

I do see regular blue loungers in the picture down from the cabana which the public could use without paying I assume. it's probably just a trial thing to see if people will go for it. Try and make another buck. Like that family cabana they tried upstairs on the freedom I believe it was.

Slightly off topic. Are the Cabanas on Nellie's Beach worth $225? They are now being "advertised." They say though that they must be booked on-board.

The cabanas hold 6 people, so it may be worth it if the cost is shared.

Slightly off topic. Are the Cabanas on Nellie's Beach worth $225? They are now being "advertised." They say though that they must be booked on-board.

Definately! In addition to the Cabana which can comfortably seat 4 adults, you have a butler who supplies you with towels, a cooler with some bottled water and he will get you chairs set up by the water if you like- you will also be supplied with a raft. It is included in the fee. In addition, as a Cabana guest, you dine in a private area with suite guests. If you have an all inclusive beverage packages the butler will also bring you drinks- if not- you can charge to your seapass.

Unfortunately, only suite guests can order in advance and all others when we board.

We love Labadee- beautiful beach!

Definately! In addition to the Cabana which can comfortably seat 4 adults, you have a butler who supplies you with towels, a cooler with some bottled water and he will get you chairs set up by the water if you like- you will also be supplied with a raft. It is included in the fee. In addition, as a Cabana guest, you dine in a private area with suite guests. If you have an all inclusive beverage packages the butler will also bring you drinks- if not- you can charge to your seapass.

Unfortunately, only suite guests can order in advance and all others when we board.

We love Labadee- beautiful beach!

I'm not sure that the cabana guests on Nellie's beach get access to the upgraded buffet.

I'm not sure that the cabana guests on Nellie's beach get access to the upgraded buffet.

We were on Nellies beach not in a suite three times- and had access to the upgraded buffet- hope that things haven't changed. However we were able to book prior to the cruise and they changed that. So who knows what will happen to us in January.

We also were in coco key and in a suite and were told the cabanas and special lunch were only available to suite guest. We enjoyed, but Labadee is nicer.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We were on Nellies beach not in a suite three times- and had access to the upgraded buffet- hope that things haven't changed. However we were able to book prior to the cruise and they changed that. So who knows what will happen to us in January.

We also were in coco key and in a suite and were told the cabanas and special lunch were only available to suite guest. We enjoyed, but Labadee is nicer.

For years, the cabana guests at Nellie's were given access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot. A couple of years ago, that access was removed. Perhaps they have re-instated it.

With regard to Coco Cay, cabana guests have been the only ones with access to the upgraded lunch. Suite guests did not have access to the upgraded lunch, unless of course they were also cabana guests.

For years, the cabana guests at Nellie's were given access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot. A couple of years ago, that access was removed. Perhaps they have re-instated it.

With regard to Coco Cay, cabana guests have been the only ones with access to the upgraded lunch. Suite guests did not have access to the upgraded lunch, unless of course they were also cabana guests.

When we were on the Quantum in March 2015 (in a suite) we were told that only guest in Suites with Cabana's (coco Cay) were able to enjoy the upgraded lunch. Very few people had cabana's and the barbecue was empty.

We were on Celebrity jan 2014 and went to Nellies beach and didn't have a suite- We did have the upgraded lunch. Perhaps RC and Celebrity have different rules.

Worth it is relative. In pure dollars, probably not. I just got back from Freedom where I had $250 OBC from my RC Visa card. We didn't spend much on excursions this trip, so I blew all my OBC on an over the water cabana (#3) at Nellies. We loved it and had a good time, but if I had to put out $225 cash, maybe I would have felt different.

cabanaotw3.jpg

It would appear to me that officially the Nellies Cabana people doesn't have access to the upgraded buffet, but the cabana attendants are looking for bigger tips and are telling people, "I'll get you the wrist band and get you in" That happened for us I think they start serving around 11 or 11:30, they didn't come get us till around 12:15, so the Barefoot beach people ate first.

It would appear to me that officially the Nellies Cabana people doesn't have access to the upgraded buffet, but the cabana attendants are looking for bigger tips and are telling people, "I'll get you the wrist band and get you in" That happened for us I think they start serving around 11 or 11:30, they didn't come get us till around 12:15, so the Barefoot beach people ate first.

Makes sense Bill, I can certainly see that happening.

Looks worth it for shade, comfort and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We loved ours two years ago. They provided waters in a cooler and our cabin attendant was very attentive. The shade was awesome and we were grandfathered in on the upgraded buffet (they changed the policy after we booked but before we sailed). It is somewhat expensive, but I was surprised how often we needed a break from the sun.

We've had cabanas on both Nellie's and Barefoot (when we were in a GS a couple of times). They've just gotten too expensive for some shade and bottled water. As for the beach beds over at the end of Adrenaline, under the zip line, I've seen them in people's pictures and videos but never could find out anything about them. Still too expensive for what they are.

Cabanas are well worth it especially if you have another couple to split the cost with you but looking at those beach beds not so much. Way to expensive for what you get you might as well go to nellies.

If you are not in a suite can you still book a cabana prior to boarding and if so, what are your chances. Can you book a cabana prior to final payment?

Thank you.

No, you must book onboard at the Shore Excursions desk.