What time can we board the Westerdam tomorrow?

supatraveler

Hello,

We are arriving at Seatac airport at 9:30 tomorrow and are planning on taking an Uber directly to Pier 91. I know official boarding time is 1:00pm, but is there a chance we will be able to get on earlier? Or, will we be waiting until 1:00pm? Is there anywhere to sit on Pier 91, chairs etc? And are their bathrooms? Are we better off hanging around the airport until a little bit later?

Thank you for all of the advice! We have cruised a lot before, but never out of Seattle or on HAL.

Any reason why the boarding passes say 1pm then? Is it just to space out the boarding?

Maybe because if they said 11:30 people would show up at 10:00! ;) Really, it's very strange that they continue to say 1;00 because anyone who is a Mariner (sailed HAL at least once) knows that the Mariner's Embarkation lunch is from 12:00 to 1:00!

Hello,

We are arriving at Seatac airport at 9:30 tomorrow and are planning on taking an Uber directly to Pier 91. I know official boarding time is 1:00pm, but is there a chance we will be able to get on earlier? Or, will we be waiting until 1:00pm? Is there anywhere to sit on Pier 91, chairs etc? And are their bathrooms? Are we better off hanging around the airport until a little bit later?

Thank you for all of the advice! We have cruised a lot before, but never out of Seattle or on HAL.

The last time I was on HAL leaving from Seattle - twice last year - I arrived at 10:30/10:45 and was able to drop my luggage and check-in. When you check-in you are given a number for boarding. (Group 1, 2, etc.) There are chairs in the Pier 91 waiting room as well as restrooms. Both times boarding began at 11:30. Cabins were ready when we boarded. Hope this helps!

One thing to think about tomorrow. Because of the really sad plane crash in Alaska yesterday, I assume there will be a significant amount on news media there at the pier - to try to talk to passengers who are leaving the ship. It might be difficult for your Uber ride to approach the terminal. If I were leaving tomorrow I would have the Uber driver drop me off at the Pier 91 parking lot and then take the parking lot shuttle to the Pier. If they tell the parking folks they are only dropping off there's no charge. And the shuttle will take you right to the terminal.

It is possible there could be delays tomorrow if there is any official business that needs to be completed before embarkation can begin given the tragedy of this week. There are plenty of chairs so I'd come along from the airport and wait until boarding begins.

It is possible there could be delays tomorrow if there is any official business that needs to be completed before embarkation can begin given the tragedy of this week. There are plenty of chairs so I'd come along from the airport and wait until boarding begins.

Since the Westerdam is skipping Victoria I assume that she will arrive in Seattle earlier - and handle any official business then. I'd still get there at 10:30/10:45.

I just heard on the news that "the Westerdam will be docking in Victoria at 6pm but no passengers will be leaving the ship."

Likely people from Elliott Ave met the ship in Victoria to take care of any formalities and details. I would expect she will dock sometime tonight in Seattle.

The Westerdam is,at this time,steaming at 22 knots. The British Columbia Pilot will board her at 1040 PM off Victoria. She will not dock but 'hover' while she sends a tender to the Victoria port with documents for clearance.

Westerdam is scheduled to then continue to Seattle, on time, at 1159 PM.

The Crown Princess, also docked in Victoria, will also sail at 1159 PM for Seattle. They both will

join the Norwegian Jewel, who also had a great day in Victoria, somewhere in Puget Sound for a great 'turnaround day' in beautiful Seattle.