Why Am I So Blue? (aka: Loyalty Levels)

Chunder Worthy

My kids don't like that they stay blue either. Especially my older one, because he would be Platinum right now and mom doesn't share her free internet minutes! :eek: :cool:

I didn't consider the Internet minutes. My only thought was, "well it keeps the kids out of the Platinum/Elite cocktail lounge......" :cool:

Edited by ar1950

• 2 weeks later...

I posted on this thread before I went on my Alaska land tour and cruise - and I returned home yesterday. And I'm here to say...as an official "blue card" in Alaska...that Princess truly rolled out the "Blue Carpet". Wonderful service and I would sail on Princess again. It's a winner!

I met many people onboard and no one was discussing their loyalty level. The cruise director did make a joke that some people cruise only because they get free laundry.

I was on the Pacific Princess and will post a mini-review this weekend.

So, for those "blue card" cruisers, no worries, you will love the service you receive as a new cruiser on Princess.

My teenager, who hasn't been on Princess in several years, is going to be very upset to be Blue. ...Now if it were "orange" he'd be OK (for some reason, he's always gone for orange).

BTW, he gets two stars on his card on Holland America. Those stars mean a lot to him, he has eaten a lot of escargot, duck and lobster to earn those stars (he's not allowed to eat from the kids menu on cruises-- hee hee).

Does he magically turn Ruby in another couple years?

My teenager, who hasn't been on Princess in several years, is going to be very upset to be Blue. ...Now if it were "orange" he'd be OK (for some reason, he's always gone for orange).

BTW, he gets two stars on his card on Holland America. Those stars mean a lot to him, he has eaten a lot of escargot, duck and lobster to earn those stars (he's not allowed to eat from the kids menu on cruises-- hee hee).

Does he magically turn Ruby in another couple years?

When he is 18, he will cruise under the status earned from all his previous Princess cruises.

Sorry, orange not available. In this case, orange is not the new black.

Well, you get a blue card to keep in your memory book.....LOL......and it seems like the holders of blue cards get more upgrades than holders of other color cards......so that may be a good thing.....:) It is perk that the other colors don't seem to get quite as often......:D

I posted on this thread before I went on my Alaska land tour and cruise - and I returned home yesterday. And I'm here to say...as an official "blue card" in Alaska...that Princess truly rolled out the "Blue Carpet". Wonderful service and I would sail on Princess again. It's a winner!

I met many people onboard and no one was discussing their loyalty level. The cruise director did make a joke that some people cruise only because they get free laundry.

So, for those "blue card" cruisers, no worries, you will love the service you receive as a new cruiser on Princess.

Thanks for posting to say your cruise was wonderful. Looking forward to your mini-review.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. My favorite ship and also the first I ever went on and agree the service was the same as I get now.

Glad you had a good time. :)

Princess wants nothing more than loyal customers. So they will treat their blue card customers well, but at the same time they have to offer perks through their loyalty program that blue carders don't have. Otherwise they would have no loyalty program.

When Princess “friends and Family” cruise on Princess, they get BLUE cards also, no matter what loyalty level they are. You can spot them easily. They are the ones with blue cards that seem to know what they are doing the first day or two of the cruise.

Even if you are elite many times over, if you go f&f you get a blue card and no perks, promos or OBCs. If you pay retail you get your loyalty level color and the perks.

So the person with a blue card sitting next to the snob with a platinum card may very well have been on 50 Princess cruises.

And believe me, there are many f&f on all Princess cruises. They just don’t announce it.

So OP, don't be blue, no one REALLY knows how many cruises you’ve been on just because they see your blue card.;)

• 5 months later...

Wow I didn't know that minors under 18 years of age have blue cards no matter how many times they sail. It makes sense for the staff so they can be identified. Out of all the 20 cruises I never noticed this and I notice everything, but I'm not specifically looking at teenagers. I think past passengers no matter what age should have the color of their loyalty level. If they want to identify a minor passenger they can code the card a certain way "under 18"

Happy Cruising!:D