Why Am I So Blue? (aka: Loyalty Levels)

Chunder Worthy

Not a big deal. It's a small piece of paper with the names of the cabin occupants typed on it. It also has the sea witch logo printed in the color of your loyalty level. It's not much bigger than a return address label and is easily removed. Since we were upgraded at the last minute on our recent cruise, we had none for a few days and then it appeared. Again, not a big deal.

Thank you for the explanation and thank you to everyone else who responded on this. I'm leaving Wednesday - can't wait to arrive in Anchorage!

Thank you for the explanation and thank you to everyone else who responded on this. I'm leaving Wednesday - can't wait to arrive in Anchorage!

Enjoy you'll be gold soon if the bug bites.

This sounds pretty similar to my name board when I travel with just my daughter. I was actually just having a bit of a joke with people who were getting a bit het up with the system Princess use.

Regards John

Doesn't seem like it has the elements of a joke. Sounds like moral-ism without and funny in it.

Doesn't seem like it has the elements of a joke. Sounds like moral-ism without and funny in it.

Mike originally has concerns that he is "Blue Level" without any perks. Later he seems to infer a "Class System" will be operating on board with others openly displaying their higher status. Later it becomes divulged that people will have their names displayed outside their cabins together with their loyalty level. Whatever next?

I simply point out that this is possibly too much information for some as a few name combinations will imply a possible questionable situation. The original poster seems to be getting over anxious about nothing in my opinion. Within this ironical situation lies the humour.

Your second sentence; if it is one has, me baffled.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I was told cruises with P&O cruises also count towards circle level, I have only done one princess cruise 14 days 2 PO cruises at 14 x2 = 42 and am about to do 12 day princess cruise so total days is 54 but am told I am gold level can anyone explain why...thank you

I was told cruises with P&O cruises also count towards circle level, I have only done one princess cruise 14 days 2 PO cruises at 14 x2 = 42 and am about to do 12 day princess cruise so total days is 54 but am told I am gold level can anyone explain why...thank you

This is easy to explain 1 x 14 days Princess plus 2 x 14 days with P&O. Total is 3 cruises totalling 42 days completed (Platinum starts at 6 cruises or 50+ days). This is the figure/s they assess for the level i.e. COMPLETED cruises. On your account your future cruise will be listed under my profile - cruise history but the 12 days will be listed as a Future Cruise and the days not added in nor the cruise credit added in until 24 hours after you disembark at the end of that cruise. You may well receive your "PLATINUM CARD" on the last day from the Captains Circle Representative on board to save postage.

This is how it works.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Yes they count as indicated above. ;)

I'm still miffed from 3 pages ago. I'm referring to a couple of comments about loyalty levels cruise cards. My first 2 cruises on Princess I either carried my card in my pocket or pocketbook. However, I also tended to stick my cell phone in the same pocket without even thinking and constantly deactivated the card. So, during my 2nd Princess cruise I bought a lanyard and have used one since. I don't use it to flash my status (I'm Elite) or try to impress anyone. I do it because I always know where the card is, I also put my drivers license and some cash in there when in port, and I don't have to visit customer service several times a day to get a new card.

Why would you think I use a nerdy lanyard to impress anyone with my status? What those who said that served to do was insult me and and everyone who uses one. You don't know me, yet you've judged me, and I don't appreciate it.

Maureen

I use a lanyard with a plastic sleeve to keep my card in because it is convenient for me. I might not have a pocket to put the card in and would rather carry my own (even though I usually carry a small purse -- but this way works best for me). And definitely not to rub it in the blue card holders noses. So I'm with you on this.

If you do not want your name and loyalty level on your door; I think it a better policy to ask the cabin steward to remove it. If you do it yourself the cabin steward might say "The kid's have been taking the name signs again but I got you a replacement printed and I have put it back on for you".

I have no political objection to having our names posted on the door with our loyalty level but it is disappointing to see how many Mr and Miss are displayed. Moral values have plummeted and sometimes these people are not Blue.

Lol John

glad to see that LOL (hopefully you're not criticizing those who aren't traveling as husband and wife as there could be many parent/child combos or a woman who kept her maiden name for whatever reason). I did cruise my first couple of cruises as an unmarried couple but since then married my traveling companion and we're still together 19 -- 20 in November -- years since our wedding. And I hope to see many "Happy Honeymoon" serenading for couples of all types on my next cruise.

I'd much rather be "blue" on my cruise than being "green" due to seasickness! :D

Or "red" from hurrying too much to see everything!

Have noted to get prescribed medication, don't know how I'll react to the ship's motion, and was a little horror of a brat as a kid for delayed travelsickness! Learnt the hard way and now very cautious, you CAN teach this old girl some new tricks!

Or "red" from hurrying too much to see everything!

Have noted to get prescribed medication, don't know how I'll react to the ship's motion, and was a little horror of a brat as a kid for delayed travelsickness! Learnt the hard way and now very cautious, you CAN teach this old girl some new tricks!

Ask your doctor but ours says to start them about a week before you leave.

Ask your doctor but ours says to start them about a week before you leave.

When I needed Stemetil for Cancer treatment, it was about 4 hours before the Chemotherapy treatment. I've written that query down for the Dr to be specific in his instructions.

It looks like I'll be going back to the original medication-the Flixatide is being a pain with the dispensing as no repeat prescriptions, and it's costing me almost double to ring the clinic for a repeat prescription. Have made an appointment and will query this with the Dr, it's much easier for me to have original and repeats on the same script. The original medication is also metered so I know when to get the replacement and put it with the current medication-not so with the Flixatide.

All bases are being covered to control potential problems as much as possible.

This is easy to explain 1 x 14 days Princess plus 2 x 14 days with P&O. Total is 3 cruises totalling 42 days completed (Platinum starts at 6 cruises or 50+ days). This is the figure/s they assess for the level i.e. COMPLETED cruises. On your account your future cruise will be listed under my profile - cruise history but the 12 days will be listed as a Future Cruise and the days not added in nor the cruise credit added in until 24 hours after you disembark at the end of that cruise. You may well receive your "PLATINUM CARD" on the last day from the Captains Circle Representative on board to save postage.

This is how it works.

Regards John

Thank you John, I spoke to someone at princess they said my next level would be ruby, I too thought it would be platinum. I wonder what ruby is, is that then between 42 days but under 54....still confused on that one.

Thank you John, I spoke to someone at princess they said my next level would be ruby, I too thought it would be platinum. I wonder what ruby is, is that then between 42 days but under 54....still confused on that one.

Ruby was introduced to replace the top half of Gold tier. It is awarded for your 4th/5th Cruise completed or 31-50 completed cruise days.

In other words this cruise; as scheduled in your post, you will cruise as a "Ruby" level passenger (as you have now qualified - on 42 days) then next cruise you will travel as a "Platinum" level passenger, when you next cruise thereafter with Princess.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

My nine year old grandsons think it is mighty unfair that they still have blue cards. ;) Kids stay blue until age 18.

I know what you mean, but the day will come that they go from blue to black overnight!

Gee our kids are lucky!

The class system of elite, ruby etc is a way of Princess rewarding people who sail with them often. However, I was elite on my first cruise with Princess on the back of the many cruises I have done with Pando. It was nice of Princess to reward my loyalty to Pando. :D

I know what you mean, but the day will come that they go from blue to black overnight!

Gee our kids are lucky!

My kids don't like that they stay blue either. Especially my older one, because he would be Platinum right now and mom doesn't share her free internet minutes! :eek: :cool: