Why Am I So Blue? (aka: Loyalty Levels)

Chunder Worthy

My DH and I were delighted to be seated with blue card holders, honeymooners, their first cruise on our latest cruise. I loved answering questions about cruising. We were at a table for 6, the other couple were celebrating their 30th anniversary, we are great grandparents - I told the honeymooners on their last night that they could go home and tell everyone that they spent their honeymoon with their parents, and grandparents! We all had a great time.

Wow! You sound very unhappy and you have not even sailed yet. Everyone is different and probably don't feel the way you do. You are entitled to your opinion for sure but don't be a killjoy for everyone else. :(

Quite the opposite Colorado, I couldn't be happier. Life has treated me and my family very well. If people were all the same life wouldn't be much fun, especially aboard a ship. Perhaps some day we'll be on a cruise together. I've got a feeling we'd get along just fine :).

But...... I still find it irritating that passengers are singled out [weather they want to be or not] as being a newbie Princess cruiser or a world traveled Princess customer by the color of their cruise card. Cunard does it too but with different color lapel pins.

As stated a few post earlier, what happened to just having a picture of your ship and the cruise lines' name embossed on the front of your card. Moving along, I'm sure my late August Alaska cruise aboard the Pacific will be outstanding - blue card and all ;).

Well, we're a week or two away from our first Princess cruise (14-day), and lo and behold out of NOWHERE, I get an email from Princess. They relayed the spectacular news that our "Loyalty Level" is BLUE!!! Swear! I figured that must be because I'm obviously a true-blue (1st-time coming up) Princess "sailor" (or sail-er) and they now promulgate my unique prestige as such. You may commence the congratulations!

Congratulations! I never got that welcome to being blue status on our first Princess cruise. Now I feel really slighted!

However, after a little research I found an article (here on CC) that mentions there are several other levels, Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite. While "Blue" is obviously more true, genuine and faithful than the others, I think in reality that I am "Blue" because I am so sad (and relative status is same). It seems the Elite and Platinum levels get coveted free dry cleaning, daily canapés, and other assorted perks and swag, but I don't know what "Blue" gets me. I'm hoping it's at least 24-hour FREE use of bathrooms on board. If someone could tell me what I actually "get," that would be much appreciated (feel free to use continuation pages if you run out of room).

Well, first off, Platinum status does not get us free dry cleaning, or daily canapes. We do get free internet minutes, 150 minutes per passenger - so 300 minutes for DH and me. When disembarking, we are blue like you in perks, we don't get to get off the ship first like the elites do or those in a suite. As far as the public restrooms are concerned, try not to use them, go to your cabin. Public restrooms on a ship is a good place to pick up the noro. Noro doesn't care what color status you are.

But I kid as you can tell. I DID however search Princess' website and found no mention of the actual levels and their specific awards (and the CC article only listed awards for the top two levels). Would anybody have a link to a webpage or pdf that shows all award levels and benefits? I DO aspire someday to be more than chunder worthy, y'know. A blue man can only dream of course....

I actually think you are serious. However, at the Princess website there is a chart there that tells you what your perks are. Being blue and a virgin, there aren't many perks to speak of. Cruise more and you surely will turn a different color! :D

Emoticons+Animados+7.gif

Quite the opposite Colorado, I couldn't be happier. Life has treated me and my family very well. If people were all the same life wouldn't be much fun, especially aboard a ship. Perhaps some day we'll be on a cruise together. I've got a feeling we'd get along just fine :).

But...... I still find it irritating that passengers are singled out [weather they want to be or not] as being a newbie Princess cruiser or a world traveled Princess customer by the color of their cruise card. Cunard does it too but with different color lapel pins.

As stated a few post earlier, what happened to just having a picture of your ship and the cruise lines' name embossed on the front of your card. Moving along, I'm sure my late August Alaska cruise aboard the Pacific will be outstanding - blue card and all ;).

Really, as many have stated, there seems to be little notice of people's cruise cards. Some wear them on lanyards, for convenience, not to show off, but most keep them out of sight. So, unless you see them present for payment of something or opening their cabin door, you'll never know what color their card is. I am not trivializing the fact that it bothers you, it's just that I can honestly say I never even notice card color. So I have no idea about who is on their first or fiftieth cruise, unless it comes up in conversation. We got back from our Alaska cruise recently and had a great time. I know you will too!

PS: Uh oh, you're not going to like the little name tag on your cabin mailbox...

I'm a first time Princess cruiser. I had no idea about names on cabin mailboxes. I'm disappointed I received an eyeroll response.

No offense meant here (or even an eye roll response, just some fun), but.....

What's that? Not sure I want or like the idea of my name listed on the outside of my cabin...

I only thought about it in this context.... "Yeah, don't want those pesky door to door solicitors having your name out there...."

Remove the paper with your name on it.

And CC has it right, just take the name tag off of the mailbox. No one will be the wiser (or even care).:cool:

I guess you can just remove it, but it must assist the crew.

And I am not sure that is even the case. Everything that is delivered by the crew is based on cabin number anyway. Just pull it off as Colorado Cruise suggested.

Edited by ar1950

I'm a first time Princess cruiser. I had no idea about names on cabin mailboxes. I'm disappointed I received an eyeroll response.

Not a big deal. It's a small piece of paper with the names of the cabin occupants typed on it. It also has the sea witch logo printed in the color of your loyalty level. It's not much bigger than a return address label and is easily removed. Since we were upgraded at the last minute on our recent cruise, we had none for a few days and then it appeared. Again, not a big deal.

I'm still miffed from 3 pages ago. I'm referring to a couple of comments about loyalty levels cruise cards. My first 2 cruises on Princess I either carried my card in my pocket or pocketbook. However, I also tended to stick my cell phone in the same pocket without even thinking and constantly deactivated the card. So, during my 2nd Princess cruise I bought a lanyard and have used one since. I don't use it to flash my status (I'm Elite) or try to impress anyone. I do it because I always know where the card is, I also put my drivers license and some cash in there when in port, and I don't have to visit customer service several times a day to get a new card.

Why would you think I use a nerdy lanyard to impress anyone with my status? What those who said that served to do was insult me and and everyone who uses one. You don't know me, yet you've judged me, and I don't appreciate it.

Maureen

That's too bad that they don't change. My kids will be disappointed that they will still have blue on their second cruise coming up here in a couple of months. I know it's not a big deal, but something they were looking forward to. Oh well.

But when your kids are elite and still get blue cards I think it is wrong. Just like any adults sailing, when you show your card and the crew says "welcome back", why should that not apply to a minor? Why should they not get the same recognition. I can slightly see the buying stuff BUT why should a teenager not get the same discount an adult elite gets when buying something at the gift shop? I get the wine tasting but honestly, they weren't getting that anyway.

We too still have our original blue cruise cards and remember that cruise fondly (how much we've learned since then!!!). We usually keep our key card in our pockets as much as possible so we don't lose them but I did get an Elite card tattoo on my forehead for bragging purposes. ....... Do you think that was too much? 😇

Just remember that a day at sea is always better than a day at work and ENJOY!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you do not want your name and loyalty level on your door; I think it a better policy to ask the cabin steward to remove it. If you do it yourself the cabin steward might say "The kid's have been taking the name signs again but I got you a replacement printed and I have put it back on for you".

I have no political objection to having our names posted on the door with our loyalty level but it is disappointing to see how many Mr and Miss are displayed. Moral values have plummeted and sometimes these people are not Blue.

Lol John

I have no political objection to having our names posted on the door with our loyalty level but it is disappointing to see how many Mr and Miss are displayed. Moral values have plummeted and sometimes these people are not Blue.

So you stop and read names on cabins up and down the halls? If perchance I notice a Mr. John Doe with Miss Jane Smith, I just assume they are a married couple with an enlightened distaff side who refuses to bend to the patriarchal rules of an oppressive society. :rolleyes: Or I just mind my own business and keep walking.

So you stop and read names on cabins up and down the halls? If perchance I notice a Mr. John Doe with Miss Jane Smith, I just assume they are a married couple with an enlightened distaff side who refuses to bend to the patriarchal rules of an oppressive society. :rolleyes: Or I just mind my own business and keep walking.

This sounds pretty similar to my name board when I travel with just my daughter. I was actually just having a bit of a joke with people who were getting a bit het up with the system Princess use.

Regards John

This sounds pretty similar to my name board when I travel with just my daughter. I was actually just having a bit of a joke with people who were getting a bit het up with the system Princess use.

Regards John

Oh, gotcha. :)