The Captain for dinner

I've yet to personally see a Captain or a Captain's table on Carnival.

I did see a captains table on RCCL, but it was empty every night. But we did dine with the headline entertainers. They had a table next to ours.

Each of the ship's has a Captain's table. I discovered this on the Pride when i was making dining requests for my wedding guests. The large round as you walk in on the lower floor of the Spirit class ships is considered the "Captain's Table". It was the only table that we weren't able to reserve, they do assign guests there for dining though. However, I have yet to see a CCL Captain in a dining room yet.

DSC_1187_DxO.jpg

Edited by Carnival_Brides

1999 I remember shaking the Captain's hand at the pre-dinner formal night affair, (can't remember what it was called). Also remember the Captain's Table in the MDR, empty every night except for formal night when a few officers and guests sat there. Never saw the Captain sit down for dinner.

of quite a few formal night dinings w/Captains..even b4 I was ever Gold, and have been asked times since. The best times were being invited to staffs mess.. Captain has a single waiter, and I was always treated very well. It is a very relaxed time,,jokes, stories, a loto of wine, nice cheeses, a bit of singing, . Not too much of that goes on these days..but it does happen.. As a Diamond, there are special parties w/enuff H'ors do uvres to make a dinner. I've been the only Diamond quite a few times, one of 2, and a group. I have my fAVES, and they all have their own personalities!

of quite a few formal night dinings w/Captains..even b4 I was ever Gold, and have been asked times since. The best times were being invited to staffs mess.. Captain has a single waiter, and I was always treated very well. It is a very relaxed time,,jokes, stories, a loto of wine, nice cheeses, a bit of singing, . Not too much of that goes on these days..but it does happen.. As a Diamond, there are special parties w/enuff H'ors do uvres to make a dinner. I've been the only Diamond quite a few times, one of 2, and a group. I have my fAVES, and they all have their own personalities!

Okay, I gotta ask since you are putting it out there .... why have you been on the A-list? Last name Arison? Certainly it is not for your self-deprecating humor. :rolleyes:

Each of the ship's has a Captain's table. I discovered this on the Pride when i was making dining requests for my wedding guests. The large round as you walk in on the lower floor of the Spirit class ships is considered the "Captain's Table". It was the only table that we weren't able to reserve, they do assign guests there for dining though. However, I have yet to see a CCL Captain in a dining room yet.

DSC_1187_DxO.jpg

That is absolutely correct and to add to it... if you see guests at that table, the Captain will not be eating in the dining room that week. IF the table is empty, the Captain will be eating in the dining room at least one time during the week, and will have invited guests, usually pre-arranged/invited via Corporate. Other times other Officers also might eat at that table during the week, but again, only if there are no guests assigned to it...

DSC_1187_DxO.jpg

That table has never been occupied by a captain on any of my 5 sailings on three of the 4 ships. In fact, that was our very table one cruise.

In 2011, our one of our cruises most of the top executives of Carnival joined our ship in Cozumel. I enjoyed watching them at diner in the MDR with the captain and the officers.

They executives were there to review the ship and did not really engage with the passengers.

Now that we are diamond hoping for an invitation.:):)

Okay, I gotta ask since you are putting it out there .... why have you been on the A-list? Last name Arison? Certainly it is not for your self-deprecating humor. :rolleyes:

This is a new one for me!..A List???.... First, .the Arison family means nothing personal to me..they are just business peeps, and I enjoy cruising on their ships. Secondly, I am quite formidable, have lovely manners, dress very well, can hold my own in most any conversation..and remain a "lady", at all times. I do not over imbibe, nor smoke....I know what wine goes with what, which fork to use, and am exceptionally polite to officers, staff and crew, because they work so very hard... and (here's to you Stu) have a nice "rack", am very well traveled, and speak a little Italian. If any of my self descriptions offend, or give cause to ponder, So be it.But..who dosen't want pleasant people at their dinner table for an elegant evening ?

Now the selection process of dining with Captains, as it began for me......if anyone is interested, just say so...

I have been lucky enough to dine with each of the captains shown. I am not able to find the dinner table pictures with some of them. They were all very nice, and the conversation was fun. Nice red and white wine was served during each dinner. These were taken years ago, when Bob Dickerson was still with Carnival. The captains tables remain empty now. I wonder why the change? It was always on formal night, and people loved seeing the captain and his officers come into the room. Those were the good old days, when everyone dressed nicely during formal night.

image.jpg1_zpsfzye2sxu.jpg

Wonder why they never charged for the privelege of dining with the capt?

They have figured out lots of other charges to fill up our account.

They can figure out all the charges they would LIKE to have fill up your account. However, they don't get to your account with out a lot of help from you!

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

My husband and I along with our 2 older kids were on the Miracle doing the Alaska cruise last Aug. We were the only Diamond members on the whole cruise and we were invited to have dinner with the captain and all the officers in the MDR. It was like we were celebrities with people taking our pics from the balcony and coming up to him even during dinner. Very memorable experience.

My husband and I were one of three couples who were Diamond on our Fantasy cruise this past February and were invited to have dinner with the Captain and his senior officers. We had a great time, especially since we already knew one of the officers, Alina Chefneux, who is a terrific person. We are hoping to see her again on one of our future cruises (we have 8 Carnival cruises coming up). We were never treated better in the dining room and, with all of the officers and the other guests, we had the best time.

Thank you Carnival. We can't wait for our next cruise.

This is a new one for me!..A List???.... First, .the Arison family means nothing personal to me..they are just business peeps, and I enjoy cruising on their ships. Secondly, I am quite formidable, have lovely manners, dress very well, can hold my own in most any conversation..and remain a "lady", at all times. I do not over imbibe, nor smoke....I know what wine goes with what, which fork to use, and am exceptionally polite to officers, staff and crew, because they work so very hard... and (here's to you Stu) have a nice "rack", am very well traveled, and speak a little Italian. If any of my self descriptions offend, or give cause to ponder, So be it.But..who dosen't want pleasant people at their dinner table for an elegant evening ?

Now the selection process of dining with Captains, as it began for me......if anyone is interested, just say so...

A paragon of the social graces, I'm certain. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. Since you've revealed on a previous thread your knowledge of the Captain's Table selection process perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing it again here as I'm a poor archivist? :)