The Captain for dinner

My husband and I were one of three couples who were Diamond on our Fantasy cruise this past February and were invited to have dinner with the Captain and his senior officers. We had a great time, especially since we already knew one of the officers, Alina Chefneux, who is a terrific person. We are hoping to see her again on one of our future cruises (we have 8 Carnival cruises coming up). We were never treated better in the dining room and, with all of the officers and the other guests, we had the best time.

Thank you Carnival. We can't wait for our next cruise.

We were on Fantasy, last month, with Alina for her last trip. She has gone home and then to Liberty. She is wonderful! Shared pictures with us of her new home purchase, just beautiful. We had dinner with the captain and the senior officers, as well. Winset, GSM, also left after that voyage, for Freedom. We had dinner, one night, with Alina and Winset alone. We were on a b2b. What fun! :)

Would like to connect one of these days. BTW this is not Stu but his wife Sheila. He doesnt post here anymore.

I had no idea WAS you !!!!..knew I missed Stu!.( we had such a joke about it).got 7 more booked very close to my 100th now !!!!!..huggie n kissie to da man!..j

Edited by luckycruzer

We were on Fantasy, last month, with Alina for her last trip. She has gone home and then to Liberty. She is wonderful! Shared pictures with us of her new home purchase, just beautiful. We had dinner with the captain and the senior officers, as well. Winset, GSM, also left after that voyage, for Freedom. We had dinner, one night, with Alina and Winset alone. We were on a b2b. What fun! :)

When we last saw Alina in February, we told her she was probably going to The Liberty. We had just gotten off The Liberty and saw Captain Leo, who we knew from a previous Fantasy cruise, which is when we first met Alina. He said he was requesting that she come to The Liberty. Before we left the ship, she confirmed it that, after vacation, she was indeed going to the Liberty, which just happens to be one of my favorite ships.

We also saw pics of her new home, which was beautiful.

Miss them all and could only hope to catch up with them again down the road. They were some of our favorite officers.

When we last saw Alina in February, we told her she was probably going to The Liberty. We had just gotten off The Liberty and saw Captain Leo, who we knew from a previous Fantasy cruise, which is when we first met Alina. He said he was requesting that she come to The Liberty. Before we left the ship, she confirmed it that, after vacation, she was indeed going to the Liberty, which just happens to be one of my favorite ships.

We also saw pics of her new home, which was beautiful.

Miss them all and could only hope to catch up with them again down the road. They were some of our favorite officers.

What is Alina's position?

Carnival moves their officers around much more frequently than they did in the past. Alina is the only female Hotel Director in the fleet. Also, with her for some time, on Fantasy, was Fatma, the only female Food Manager. Girl Power! :)

We are always pleased to find spouses and partners are also kept together whenever possible. Sometimes, however, they are in the same position. Then, they are on different ships.

I see you joined the roll call for the Sunshine cruise we are sailing on together. Look forward to meeting up on a meet and greet.

Yes we are! It would be nice to catch you at a meet and greet on the sunshine. We are counting down the days!

It would be neat to see Captain in the MDR a few times. As it is my boys first cruise it would be rather neat for them to see. I am very doubtful that we would be invited for such a special honor and would feel very lucky if it were ever to happen to us.

Didnt know Carnival had any female HD's. These days the HD will usually stay with one ship for some years.

I have not seen a female HD either, but do not doubt there could be. The HD along with the chief engineer (might have the title wrong) are the just under the Captain.

We got an invite once, as we befriended the Captain and his wife (more so the girlfriend/wife), who he had met in our first cruise, and we seem to have him as our captain every year, who celebrated his birthday while we were celebrating our anniversary. We assumed the wife lived on board.

We got an invite once, as we befriended the Captain and his wife (more so the girlfriend/wife), who he had met in our first cruise, and we seem to have him as our captain every year, who celebrated his birthday while we were celebrating our anniversary. We assumed the wife lived on board.

We have seen significant others traveling with the Captain (and other staff as well) from time to time and also accessible around the ship. On an Alaskan cruise, his wife and family mingled with guests. It was very nice and we had several conversations with them.

• 8 months later...

My husband and I were invited to dine at the Captains Table on the Miracle several years ago. Not sure why, as we are no one special (this was only our second Carnival cruise), but our waiter told us the next day that we were so nice to chat with that he recommended us. It was great fun - very fancy, with a special menu and a photograph.

KC

I am glad to hear it happens. I just have fond shaking the captains hand memories on the Captains Cocktail or Dinner time in the day. The first few cruises...and some photos...who was that young girl?? Life happens so quickly...treasure it..even the sad things....makes the good things so much more deep and special.

Thanks everyone for pictures and stories.