Photos of New American Table and American Feast Menus (from 6/19 8 Day Breeze Cruise)

I heard no table cloths. Is that true?:confused:

There is a photo of the table setup in post #1. The American Table nights do not have tablecloths, but American Feast "elegant" nights do. The new tables are very nice and are reminiscent of those in the steakhouse. I personally found the change to be fresh and modern.

My only objection to these menus is that no longer are there any dishes identified as "heart healthy". Since I am now on a low-sodium diet that's kind of a bummer, because at least it served as a guideline. My next cruise will still have the "old" menu but when I do finally sail on an AT ship I may have to talk to guest services in advance for some kind of pointers.

Yes, if you speak to either the matre'd or guest services beforehand, I'm sure they'll accommodate you. :)

We recently did the Liberty 7 day cruise out of San Juan and they had the new menus. Our issue wasn't the variety of menu items. The issue we had was in the taste of those menu items. We had the Rabbit, Lamb Shanks, Prime Rib, Filet Minion, port of call dishes, and many others. Taste wise, most were a miss. Even the fried chicken was terrible. How do you mess up fried chicken?

Tastes are subjective, so I'm sure many people will love the food.

Edited by lowbass

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Glory for the 1st time the American Menu was on Carnival ships. It was the only Carnival ship that had it. The waiters had problems as everything was new. Quincy, the food operations director for Carnival was on board for the entire cruise. He and Pier, the hotel manager, talked about it and we met with Quincy more than once to talk about it.

There were things we liked about the new menu and things we didn't.

I know not all Carnival ships have it but don't know if they will all get it.

WE will be on the Glory in October and am looking forward to see what changes have been made.

I have no idea why people are complaining about the American Menu. It is great! We were getting so tired of the same old, same old.

No tablecloths, other than on Elegant Night, lessens the amount of work for the wait staff and is a greener alternative for Carnival.

^^^ I agree, so excited to try the new menus on the Breeze in 17 days. I like the idea of new port of call selections, new items such as Beef Wellington , Sea Bass, flatbreads, calamari , s'mores parfait, ..... and still keeping a majority of old popular favorites . I'm going to have a hard time deciding. Thank you for posting these. Same itinerary we are doing so much appreciated [emoji1]

I'm still surprised that even after seeing the menus that people aren't able to find something to eat! There were nights on Liberty last year that I had two appetizers because I couldn't choose just one! I loved the Port of Call options, really makes every itinerary an adventure in new foods. DH tried rabbit and wished he had ordered more. Now he loves his meat and potatoes, but he has developed an adventuresome palate and knows if doesn't like his first choice, he can order something else.

I thought the variety of soups were really good. The various flatbread apps were great. Shrimp cocktail every night.

The main thing to me is with the grill options there was always chicken, pork chops, a steak and fish entree for those who aren't looking to try something different.

Will be interesting to see how the Port of Call options change when then Breeze moves to Galveston! :D

Thank you!

So disappointed that this menu won't be an option on our next cruises though. The port of call is an amazing "new" concept!

Posters should keep in mind that the kitchen is pretty flexible - they can make most anything you request. Thinking vegetarian-ly, if you like the vegetable pot pie thing, you can usually ask that you have it more than one night (I've done this before, though not a vegetarian, with another dish and got it three times - presuming they just put three aside for me?).

Thank you again for posting this!

Thank you!

So disappointed that this menu won't be an option on our next cruises though. The port of call is an amazing "new" concept!

Posters should keep in mind that the kitchen is pretty flexible - they can make most anything you request. Thinking vegetarian-ly, if you like the vegetable pot pie thing, you can usually ask that you have it more than one night (I've done this before, though not a vegetarian, with another dish and got it three times - presuming they just put three aside for me?).

Thank you again for posting this!

Are you saying that the Aug 22 Victory cruise will not have the new menus? I am on that cruise too and was wondering which menu they would have.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these. How long did dinner tend to take you? We are cruising with our 2 year old daughter and on our last cruise dinner was taking too long for her (she was 20 months and lasted an hour each night) We want to try the new menus- but don't want to keep her at the table too long. Also do you know how much/which of the menu items made it to the lido buffet each night?

Edited by vaka08

So I read that Conquest is getting the new menus in October. I'm cruising on the Conquest on an 8 day that runs into October. This is our first Carnival cruise so all of the food will be new to us but just curious if anyone has definitive word as to when the Conquest will roll these out.

Thanks for posting these. How long did dinner tend to take you? We are cruising with our 2 year old daughter and on our last cruise dinner was taking too long for her (she was 20 months and lasted an hour each night) We want to try the new menus- but don't want to keep her at the table too long. Also do you know how much/which of the menu items made it to the lido buffet each night?

We always utilize Your Time Dining and the dining times vary. Some nights we're out as quickly as 45 minutes to 1 hour. Other nights, it can push 1.5 - 2 hours. Being there that long isn't the normal occurrence, but it can happen. I do feel that the new menus were slightly faster in service than the old menus; having a water pitcher and a bread basket at every table seems to slice some time off for the waitstaff.

I never eat dinner on Lido, so I'm not sure what tends to make it up there from the MDR. I'd guess it just depends on what they have in excess.

Have a great cruise!

Just got off the Breeze August 8 from Southern Carib itinerary. Menu's were the same as posted. Was disappointed in the service in the dining room...we had one good waiter the whole 8 day cruise....a couple of nights wrong entrée,one night the cruisers next to us left because no one would wait on them. I think Carnival has a serious problem with the wait staff here. Yes, we miss the nice white tablecloths, the polished formica reminds me of Denny's.