2017 Transatlantics

Mine just shows title of thread. I heard the Rhapsody TA has been listed for a few days now

I think I saw it this past Monday.

I still don't see the TA that brings RH back to Tampa from Rome in the fall of 2016. The website still lists Rome to PC, but sold out.

I think I saw it this past Monday.

I still don't see the TA that brings RH back to Tampa from Rome in the fall of 2016. The website still lists Rome to PC, but sold out.

Ok, here goes. About a week ago it became sold out. Rumor on the roll call is that it had been allocated to a large agency or a charter. One of the roll call members has spoken with C&A and she is still coming to PC and then dry dock.

Kinda makes sense, Freeport is closer to PC than Tampa. Laura is in a GS Solo, so if it is a charter, she may never leave the cabin. :p

Ok, here goes. About a week ago it became sold out. Rumor on the roll call is that it had been allocated to a large agency or a charter. One of the roll call members has spoken with C&A and she is still coming to PC and then dry dock.

Kinda makes sense, Freeport is closer to PC than Tampa. Laura is in a GS Solo, so if it is a charter, she may never leave the cabin. :p

Dry dock makes sense because RH would be about 4.5 years out of her last dry dock.

OK, they did just release a 2017 transatlantic. I'm glad I kept checking!!!!! Grabbed a corner aft D-1. WhoooHoooooo!:)

Right above you in the JS Aft Wrap...

It's been out 72 hrs now.

Edited by Beachammo

The transatlantic cruises seem very reasonably priced. But isn't the airfare expensive to fly back one way back to US.

I hope this is not a dumb question but why do you choose transatlantic cruises? :)

We can usually get a one-way flight to Europe for around $600pp.

Seriously?? They wait that long? Dang!!!:confused:

That is not something new. It has been their practice for as long as I can remember. As someone else mentioned, you can't book airfare that far out and, in many cases, you wouldn't be able to book hotel rooms that far out either. A lot of things can happen in the interim which would reduce the line's scheduling flexibility if they locked in those deployments too far in advance. Making drastic changes to itineraries and schedules can be quite disruptive and can cause much pain to those effected. There can be exceptions to every rule, so keep checking in case something is released.

Edited by negc

That is not something new. It has been their practice for as long as I can remember. As someone else mentioned, you can't book airfare that far out and, in many cases, you wouldn't be able to book hotel rooms that far out either. A lot of things can happen in the interim which would reduce the line's scheduling flexibility if they locked in those deployments too far in advance. Making drastic changes to itineraries and schedules can be quite disruptive and can cause much pain to those effected. There can be exceptions to every rule, so keep checking in case something is released.

I know it is to far out to grab air or hotels. Those are easy to get, especially with Choiceair. We have always been very surprised with how cheap we can pick up choiceair compared to what we find on our own. We are Diamond plus and love grabbing these great D-1's. We feel like "the game" has changed with RC. Used to be we waiting last minute to book cruises was the way to go. Now it seems the game is picking them up as early as possible to get the best deals. We gave up on TA's long time ago. Much easier to save booking on our own. We love booking Transatlantics. Especially like booking westbound due to 25 hour days vs 23 hour days for eastbound. Love doing them. Will be keeping our eyes open for fall of 2017 transatlantics next March based on all the opinions from these knowledged folks on this board. We have our Fall 2015, spring 2016, fall 2016 and now spring 2017 transatlantics booked. WhooooHoooo!! Also excited about our first cruise on Oasis this August. Have a grand suite for that one. Taking our 3 kids and spouses, 12 grandkids and my mom. Going to be a great cruise. Booked Papitos in Cozumel. One of our very favorite things to do!

The transatlantic cruises seem very reasonably priced. But isn't the airfare expensive to fly back one way back to US.

I hope this is not a dumb question but why do you choose transatlantic cruises? :)

We love them. We love days at sea. Our favorite are westbound as we get 25 hour days vs 23 hour going eastbound. They are reasonable priced and airfare not bad through Choiceair. We did Barcelona to Galveston a couple of years ago and picked up our air for a total of $850 through choiceair. Did the Quantum maiden voyage out of Southampton to NJ last year and got another good deal on air. Couldn't believe it. Give one a try. Good luck!

A 2 wk westbound can be 16 hours longer than a 2 week eastbound. I love getting home with no jetlag to deal with. Usually go in a week before the westbound cruise and adjust then. Actually, really just love a transatlantic and will take either direction. :)

I don't get the love for the extra hour. We prefer eastbound. Nothing like waking up in Europe on departure day with no jet lag. Plus I think the weather is often better. As always, YMMV

What's not to love about extra hours? Plus we take a morning flight from Boston to London and arrive in the evening in time for a light meal and then bed. When we awake the next morning we are adjusted to the time change and suffer from little or no jet lag. On the eastbound TAs we miss the hours that we lose even when the clocks change at noon so no hours of sleep are sacrificed.