Dinner in Anchorage

janikh

best place to eat dinner in Anchorage - GO!

Not sure if it's the "best" but we ate at the Glacier Brewhouse last week and our dinner was delicious. We made reservations on Open Table before we left and only had a 5 minute wait - glad we did because the place was packed. I was a very short walk from our hotel, The Captain Cook.

The Glacier Brewhouse was recommended to us as well. In the end all we ended up eating in Anchorage was a reindeer sausage at the food cart near the museum.

We saw those carts and the food smelled delicious. We ended up going to the Hard Rock for lunch, because we wanted burgers.

I like: Moose's Tooth Pizzeria, Ginger, Orso and the Southside Bistro.

I did not mention Glacier Brewhouse because my one and only visit there was only so-so. They seemed much more focused on the brews rather than the food. I also picked up a vibe of "we're so cool. You are lucky to be dining here."

We were there last week and had a great meal. I had a filet which was as advertised-- 4 inches thick. DH had the king crab legs. We also ate Humpy's. Again, DH had the crab legs. DD had a salmon burger and I had a hamburger. All were very good. The halibut looked amazing. We wanted to eat at the Moose's Tooth, but the wait was over an hour and we had a flight to catch.

Obviously impossible to answer until you define your food requirements and price point.

The Las Vegas Review Journal does a people's best-of issue every year. Guess what the best Italian restaurant in Las Vegas always is - Olive Garden. Guess what the best seafood restaurant always is - Red Lobster. Guess that the best depends upon your viewpoint.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Due to Tourist season and locals also loving many of the above named establishments I would strongly recommend reservations!

Another place to consider is the Crows Nest at the top of the Capt Cook Hotel, spends but great food and a view that will knock your socks off!

Thanks, everyone! Looks like we are between GlacierBrewhouse & Humpy's, which I have seen on other threads! Good to hear that OpenTable is available on some - reservations sound like a must.

Dined at Club Paris in downtown Anchorage. My husband said his steak was the best he'd ever eaten. Apparently, you need reservations, but as we showed up at 5:30, they gave us a table after we promised to vacate it by 7:00. No problem, as the food was so delicious we lost control and gobbled it down.

Best is a relative term. I'm not sure you realize how large Anchorage really is, there are almost 400,000 people in the metro area. Your question is like asking where is the best place in Birmingham. Everyone has different opinions.

The Glacier Brewhouse (in the 700 block of 5th Street in downtown Anchorage) is nice, so is the Crow's Nest restaurant at the top of the Hotel Captain Cook, so is Sullivan's Steakhouse located near the mall in downtown. I also had great food at a little hole in the wall barbeque place one trip. Don't remember where it is because a friend who lived there took me.

Edited by zqvol