Transfers from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

key51697

Just a head's up that your post might get moved to the Florida departures forum...

I have researched pretty much every option from renting a car, to using the cruise shuttle to taxi to private shuttle and have found SAS shuttles to be the best. $15 per person per way unless you have a larger group then it's $13 per person. We have used them 3 or 4 times and have always found them to be prompt, reliable and friendly.

You call them when you're getting your luggage and they meet you right outside the airport doors. They drop you right at your ship.

Then you call them when you get off your ship and they meet your right outside and drop you at the airport door.

google them for their website.

There were 6 of us, we used JR Shuttles. $12 per person each way. Picked us up at hotel in Fort Lauderdale and took to the port of Miami. Told us to call when we were off the ship, they were there in 15 minutes. Took us back to Fll airport and even made a extra stop at Hampton Suites in Fort Lauderdale as one couple was staying over.

http://www.jrshuttle.com/

Edited by welldone60

We used SAS transportation and really liked them. Yes you need to book in advance. Otherwise you are running the risk of their vans being full. Their vans only hold about 8 people and run on strict schedules. Reservations are highly recommended

Who have you used and would recommend? Is this something I should book ahead of time or just wait until I get to the airport? Thanks.

We have used SAS (ridesas.com) at least a half dozen times. We always made reservations online.

Just a head's up that your post might get moved to the Florida departures forum...

I have researched pretty much every option from renting a car, to using the cruise shuttle to taxi to private shuttle and have found SAS shuttles to be the best. $15 per person per way unless you have a larger group then it's $13 per person. We have used them 3 or 4 times and have always found them to be prompt, reliable and friendly.

You call them when you're getting your luggage and they meet you right outside the airport doors. They drop you right at your ship.

Then you call them when you get off your ship and they meet your right outside and drop you at the airport door.

google them for their website.

Every time we've had the driver call us as soon as our plane landed and asked us to call after we retrieved our luggage. Same as debarkation began after the cruise.

We always use QLS Transportation.

We also just used them in June for a family cruise (all adults) with lots of luggage, they were great! Picked us up at our hotel at 10:15 am, arrived at POM at 11:00 am and were boarding the ship at 11:30 am. Very reliable and prompt, with pick-up at hotel and comfortable vehicle for the ride. They called us while we were still on the ship and eating breakfast to confirm our pick-up time. We called them once we cleared customs and they arrived within 10 minutes to transport us back to FLL airport. Like I said earlier very comfortable vehicles to ride in and much better than some of the hotel shuttle vans we have used in the past. We have another cruise booked for December from Miami and I just reserved them again. You can submit all your information to them and get a price quote and then you can decide if you want to use them or not. This is just our experience, Good Luck!

For the first time ever we decided to take a taxi and it worked out well. The cost for 4 adults was about $75 plus $20 tip. Just walked out of airport/cruise port and they are lined up waiting. Just make sure to ask for the minivan/suv for 4 and lots of luggage.