Has anyone had issues with their $2.99 bottled water order once on board?

taylor1293

Our's was Crystal Geyser. We ordered two 12 pks, and though it was not in our cabin when we boarded, it was delivered before the muster drill.

Our 24 pack was same brand above but water was waiting in room when we arrived. Also, we saved the empty bottles to refill (4 of us in room) and in 2nd port bought a gallon from supermarket and used that to refill. We were on an 8 day cruise.

Didn't have issues bringing water from port but we cruised when policy was not in affect. (2 weeks before policy)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Our's was Crystal Geyser. We ordered two 12 pks, and though it was not in our cabin when we boarded, it was delivered before the muster drill.

On the Triumph sailing June 29, 2015 our water arrived before the safety drill. The brand was Ice River Green. Always take your receipts and emails. You never know when they come in handy.

I received mine two 12 packs each time on Glory and Sunshine this month. No problems. The only weird thing is the water tasted like the plastic bottle in both trips. Like the bottles set out in the hot sun or something. Still was able to drink it though.

I received mine two 12 packs each time on Glory and Sunshine this month. No problems. The only weird thing is the water tasted like the plastic bottle in both trips. Like the bottles set out in the hot sun or something. Still was able to drink it though.

We did have this issue. Our water bottles smelled like they had gotten wet and had a awful musky smell. My DH washed them all in the bathroom sink . I couldn't get over the smell so I never did drink any of it, but the rest of my family did.

On the Triumph sailing June 29, 2015 our water arrived before the safety drill. The brand was Ice River Green. Always take your receipts and emails. You never know when they come in handy.

I was just reading up on this brand. they use only 100% recycled plastic, and add ozone to the water they pull from springs, and label it spring water, or use a local municipal water supply, which they call purfied/ de mineralized water, where they use carbon to remove the chlorine.

Our 24 pack was same brand above but water was waiting in room when we arrived. Also, we saved the empty bottles to refill (4 of us in room) and in 2nd port bought a gallon from supermarket and used that to refill. We were on an 8 day cruise.

Didn't have issues bringing water from port but we cruised when policy was not in affect. (2 weeks before policy)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Again - we had ordered two 12 packs, received a 24 pack of Ice River water waiting in cabin. What was interesting to us was people were carrying on cases of water when we boarded in San Juan on 6/28 - and the policy WAS in effect then! No one blinked twice as they lugged the cases on. Saw at least 5 different people doing it. Also carrying cases of Gatorade, Propel, etc. Guess they have different rules there!:rolleyes:

Edited by pe4all

Again - we had ordered two 12 packs, received a 24 pack of Ice River water waiting in cabin. What was interesting to us was people were carrying on cases of water when we boarded in San Juan on 6/28 - and the policy WAS in effect then! No one blinked twice as they lugged the cases on. Saw at least 5 different people doing it. Also carrying cases of Gatorade, Propel, etc. Guess they have different rules there!:rolleyes:

The policy actually goes into effect today, 7.9.15

That explains it! TY for the info - I thought it started when they announced it in June.

Agree, but they have always been little loosey goosey at embarkation in SJ. Heck they sell you bottles as you are boarding...... While it may change, never seen any "held" there.

I was told that the reason it does not show when you order from Bon Voyage is because many items ordered are gifts from other people that do not want you to know until you are there. My friends put a nice monetary retirement gift onto my account. She called me and gave me the confirmation number. When I went online to confirm that it was there, I saw nothing. When I called, it was there, as well as my soda and water purchases. As long as I have the confirmation numbers, it should be fine.

If anyone is interested, when I asked what would happen if an emergency happened, and I was not able to go on my cruise. All of the money would go back on the credit card used to order it. So my friend would not be out all of that money. That was good to know.

I read on another thread that someone who pre-ordered the $2.99 bottled water didn't receive it in their cabin. Even when they presented Guest Services with the receipt they wouldn't fill their order. Has anyone else not received their water in their cabin?

With todays water filters there is no need to buy water on the ship. If you do a little research you can purchase a water filter to take on board with you to filter all the water you want. I keep a personal water filter with me every time I travel.

Yes we did have issues,we never received our water! We ordered 2 12pks of water which never arrived! We inquired on day 1-July 2nd and were told check with them the next day at guest services so I did.. I was assured it would be investigated and delivered. We heard nothing the rest of that day and the next. By then hubsters said tell them to cancel the order as we bought it to drink not carry off the ship! Then we got a phone message from guest services saying we were never charged. We ordered other things besides water and got them???? So not sure what happened but I haven't had time to check my charges as I drove out of state for my brothers big 40 surprise party today!