NCL Pearl= Gronk's Party Ship

OUCH! :eek: The insults to my beloved QB (check my screenname - I'm totally biased, lol) ;)

For the record, if you follow Tom's FB page, he does things with his kids, too, and part of the Patriots' team philosophy is giving back - really pushed by the owner's late wife, Myra Kraft. Tom does a lot for charities, especially for special needs children. I don't know about arrogant - he's competitive. He has also completely outperformed all expectations for the "unathletic" kid drafted in the sixth round. He gets to brag a little. :p

On topic, I thought the cruise sounded like a lot of fun, and I'm surprised it didn't sell that well. It was expensive, though, and I'm going on another NCL cruise at the same time - 7 days - for about what the three day cruise costs. According to the cruise's website, about 1000 people are participating, so roughly half the ship will be involved. I'm not sure I would want to go on a partially chartered cruise for any group that large - just seems like there is a strong possibility of a lot of areas/activities being closed off. If you were just going to chill for a couple days, and didn't really care about activities, it would probably be ok. And a glimpse of Gronk would be ok, too. :D

According to the cruise's website, about 1000 people are participating, so roughly half the ship will be involved.

I read that as well, but I don't think that's true. I've done some trial bookings to see what cabins are still available, and the ship still has tons of inventory left. I think the Gronk crew will be hard pressed to get to 500 people.

this is a description of the cruise:

t’s time to PARTY, it’s time to ROCK, but more importantly, it's time to get GRONK’D! Rob Gronkowski and his family want you to grab your sunnies, your swimsuits, your babes and your bros for one hell of a shindig sailing down the coast. It’s time to go big or go home 'cause we’re throwing a 3-day party sailing from Miami to Gronk's Island - our own private island in the Bahamas- and Nassau with his most hype’d up fans, Flo Rida, Redfoo, 3LAU, Waka Flocka Flame, and many more!

I think of the Patriots for the deflating scandal, either you love them or hate them. Like the Yankees or Red Sox i on the other hand love the Saints WHO DAT! and my beloved Blue Jays

We all love out teams whether it's the Pats deflate gate or the Saints bounty gate.

I would love to go on the Gronk cruise, but I already have two cruises booked and I don't think I can swing it right now. Looks like it will be a wild time!!

WOW !!! When the Gronk sailing was first announced, I thought it was a complete ship charter. I may want to go just to share the ship with other like minded Pat's fans, however, I wouldn't pay the Sixthman prices to participate in the festivities (plus, we're tooooo old for that kind of partying).

That's exactly what I don't want. I can't stand the Patriots! Sorry, not sorry. It originally was a full charger but I guess the interest wasn't there.

Edited by D-Yelle

I'm on (and in!) the same boat. From what I have heard the party will be contained to certain areas. I'm hoping it will be the Spinnaker and sports deck. You'll need credentials to get into the activities, so I don't see how they'll close down the atrium or any other very public place. I am worried about the nightly shows, but maybe they'll do one showing at 8:30 or so and then Gronk it later? Or maybe two shows and then just do really late Gronk activities.

I've been watching other Sixthman charters to see what their schedules are like to see what areas they usually take up. I know those are complete charters, but I figure it gives at least somewhat of an idea.

Honestly, I think the Gronk cruise has been a complete disaster and won't be very full of them. Their Facebook group is practically dead.

It would be nice to get firm answers on the questions, though. This is my first NCL cruise and the responses about this sailing have been awful. If it weren't for the price and perks, this wouldn't have been my first, second, or third choice.

I hope it's contained. I'm just happy that I got the dine/beverage promotions and I'm hoping the Gronkers haven't so they're should be no issue with timings for specialty restaurants.

Man, I sound so old. I'm only 31 and still have fun!

I hope it's contained. I'm just happy that I got the dine/beverage promotions and I'm hoping the Gronkers haven't so they're should be no issue with timings for specialty restaurants.

Man, I sound so old. I'm only 31 and still have fun!

I got the same, but I've locked in a specialty for each night already. I'm going to try and change the time once on board (it's about a half hour later than I would like) but if I can't it's no big deal.

I'm on the gronk cruise and I called sixthman to ask if we get the booze package they told us if the regular NCL guest get it we will also get it also they told us the boat will be half shut down for the gronk members we will have special badges so it sucks for the regular guest that don't know that half the stuff will be closed I think this cruise should of stayed a gronk cruise and not open it for regular guest it's not right

I'm on the gronk cruise and I called sixthman to ask if we get the booze package they told us if the regular NCL guest get it we will also get it also they told us the boat will be half shut down for the gronk members we will have special badges so it sucks for the regular guest that don't know that half the stuff will be closed I think this cruise should of stayed a gronk cruise and not open it for regular guest it's not right

I'm so jealous you are doing the Gronk cruise, but we just did the Escape in Nov so out of the question for us. I'm sure it will be a blast! I hope you report back on what it was like.

You are right that it's a bummer for passengers who are not part of the group. That happened to us on the Escape inaugural in Nov. we just didn't let it bother us. We just found other things to do and went back to any venue we missed.

I'm guessing the Gronk cruise didn't sell out as a charter so they opened it up to regular bookings. I bet it's going to be rowdy! I feel bad for any one who was going for peace and quiet, or any non-Pats fans.

Have a blast and let us know how it went!

Not all of the regular guests get the booze package. It all depends on if that was the free promo you selected when booking. So if you booked through sixthman and not NCL I don't think you'll definitely get it. But who knows?

Did you already get your room assignment and edocs? You would've gotten an amenity invoice as well that lists any free promos like beverage or specialty dining.

When I talked to NCL she had no clue about the event. She said maybe that just using a room. Um, no. Like I said, who knows?

I think of the Patriots for the deflating scandal, either you love them or hate them. Like the Yankees or Red Sox i on the other hand love the Saints WHO DAT! and my beloved Blue Jays

I hate the fact that this has become a topic on putting down Tom Brady. He has always been an above board player, father and charitable person. Any player can have his reputation ruined for information being put out there that has no bias of facts. If you read any of the Wells report, you would see what a joke this whole thing was. Millions of dollars spent, where rapists and drug abusers continue to play with no harm to their reputation. Reporters put out false information, found out the truth, but waited weeks before admitting what happened. I respect Drew Brees and many other quarterbacks. I can respect them as competitors without being a fan.

I would love to spend a week on Gronk's cruise. Too bad it isn't sailing out of Boston. That would be fun!

We all love out teams whether it's the Pats deflate gate or the Saints bounty gate.

I would love to go on the Gronk cruise, but I already have two cruises booked and I don't think I can swing it right now. Looks like it will be a wild time!!

This sounds like a blast - GRONKKKKK!! Too bad it's not the Boston to Bermuda on the Dawn - we'd fill the damn ship, Patty!

I doubt very much you're getting UBP...

Just tried a mock booking and could not get on the ship. not sure I would pay the Gronk'd prices but for sure would pay the normal cruise prices and hope t catch a glimpse. My son LOVES Gronk and it would be awesome to take him on this. Why oh why does MN have to be so far away from the FLA? airfare costs us as much as the cruise most of the time.

I hate to be a downer, but I think you're going to be very disappointed in the cruise.

Regular NCL guests already have the beverage package, so if Sixthman (an NCL company, no?) isn't giving a definitive yes, and where to get it, that would be a red flag. Aren't the packages available on the boat limited (in other words- only a certain number are sold)?

Also, "available to other guests" and "included" are much different. Most NCL guests are getting the package for free (and some, like me, got another freebie thrown in- doing a specialty restaurant each night for free) but if you have to purchase it, that's a lot of money on top of an already expensive fare.

Finally, from the availability still left, it looks like Sixthman didn't fill a lot of rooms. I doubt they will be shutting down much for the Gronk guests- probably the Spinnaker, maybe the sports court, and late night they might do something in the Stardust.

I could be wrong, but to be honest it doesn't look good for Gronk cruises. I think it's a lot of money for not a lot of goods.

I hate to be a downer, but I think you're going to be very disappointed in the cruise.

Regular NCL guests already have the beverage package, so if Sixthman (an NCL company, no?) isn't giving a definitive yes, and where to get it, that would be a red flag. Aren't the packages available on the boat limited (in other words- only a certain number are sold)?

Also, "available to other guests" and "included" are much different. Most NCL guests are getting the package for free (and some, like me, got another freebie thrown in- doing a specialty restaurant each night for free) but if you have to purchase it, that's a lot of money on top of an already expensive fare.

Finally, from the availability still left, it looks like Sixthman didn't fill a lot of rooms. I doubt they will be shutting down much for the Gronk guests- probably the Spinnaker, maybe the sports court, and late night they might do something in the Stardust.

I could be wrong, but to be honest it doesn't look good for Gronk cruises. I think it's a lot of money for not a lot of goods.

Unfortunately for the people who purchased their cruises from Sixthman (not an NCL affiliate), I think you are correct. This was a horrible idea from the beginning. The target market for this cruise would have been people from the Northeast and with minimum inside cabins going for $900 (all in) PLUS the airfare to get to Miami, that makes for a VERY expensive 4 nt. cruise.

If NCL is marketing/selling this cruise to their guests, they are not going to make half of the ship not accessible to them. I'm still on the fence about booking this cruise as my DH is having surgery next week. We would love to go, but if we can't make a decision more than 30 days out, we will pass.

I at least give Sixthman credit for trying new things. The Walker Stalker cruise sold out halfway through pre-sale. Not everything works out, so I doubt we'll be seeing Gronk again.

And they've already announced a Pitbull cruise for 2017.

I at least give Sixthman credit for trying new things. The Walker Stalker cruise sold out halfway through pre-sale. Not everything works out, so I doubt we'll be seeing Gronk again.

And they've already announced a Pitbull cruise for 2017.

At least Pitbull is an entertainer. A high energy one at that! I could totally see the draw there.

I just don't get the concept of "oh hey, pay a premium price to hang out and drink with some sports player". Hey I get that some people may enjoy it - and I get that Gronk is famous... but just not my thing.

Unfortunately for the people who purchased their cruises from Sixthman (not an NCL affiliate), I think you are correct. This was a horrible idea from the beginning. The target market for this cruise would have been people from the Northeast and with minimum inside cabins going for $900 (all in) PLUS the airfare to get to Miami, that makes for a VERY expensive 4 nt. cruise.

If NCL is marketing/selling this cruise to their guests, they are not going to make half of the ship not accessible to them. I'm still on the fence about booking this cruise as my DH is having surgery next week. We would love to go, but if we can't make a decision more than 30 days out, we will pass.

Agreed. As another poster said, it would have made more sense to sail the ship from the NE, or even Baltimore so people could have drove to the port.

I think companies also over estimate the celebrity status of Gronk. He was on Big Brother over the summer and was supposed to "take over" for the week, but was pulled after one episode.

Hopefully everyone has a good time regardless. I do feel bad for those who spent so much money, though. Through Sixthman my room would have been over $3000 after all taxes and fees. I only paid $900 and some change, and that includes beverages and specialty dining. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...