Fort Lauderdale Dec 6 2015

tommy

I'm trying to book a hotel for Dec 5 Most of hotels are sold out Is there some big event going on ?

It's peak season and occupancy is through the roof this year. The GM of The Riverside Hotel told me their are on track to have their best year ever.

I can't think of a single specific reason but maybe hotels have minimum night stays on weekends due to it being so busy.

It's Art Basel in Miami but that wouldn't effect us.

Edited by BlueHerons

I'm trying to book a hotel for Dec 5 Most of hotels are sold out Is there some big event going on ?

I just checked with the two hotels I am looking at for about the same time period and I find:

Embassy Suites (17th Street) - $209

Springhill Suites (Dania) - $199

These prices are about $30 per night more than I am paying for Dec 6-7, but your date is a Saturday (peak cruise day), so not surprising.

I have found that it's often difficult to book a one night Saturday stay anywhere; not only near cruise ports. Hotels like to have guests for a weekend and Saturday night only disrupts everything. That is probably the reason you find a lot of them all sold out

I have found that it's often difficult to book a one night Saturday stay anywhere; not only near cruise ports. Hotels like to have guests for a weekend and Saturday night only disrupts everything. That is probably the reason you find a lot of them all sold out

I am having the same problem....wonder if you book Friday/Saturday. Then cancel Friday??

I am having the same problem....wonder if you book Friday/Saturday. Then cancel Friday??

Better idea would be to book Sat and Sun and just checkout Sun morning. Otherwise, whne you can Friday you might lose Sat.