Future of the Champagne Bar

I just noticed that Harmony of the seas will lack a Champagne Bar. Where Oasis and Allure has the Champagne Bar, Harmony will instead feature the Bionic Bar.

On my recent trip on Serenade I found Vintages where it earlier had a Champagne Bar.

According to the deck plans Radiance of the seas still has the Champagne bar, even after gone through the refurbishment program. Both Serenade and Brilliance has gotten Vintages instead of the Champagne Bar, while Jewel is up for refurbishment next year. What will happen to the Champagne Bar is anyones guess.

Also the Quantum class lacks a Champagne Bar all together.

On Freedom the Champagne Bar is replaced by the R Bar, while her sisters still seem to have the Champagne Bar. However Liberty is up for a refurbishment next year.

It has been a favorite spot for both me and my wife. Especially on caviar nights. Although I can guess why they want to replace it, since we often seem to be almost alone in the venue. Of course it makes sense for them to replace it with something that brings a steady cash flow.

So, what do you think about Royal's plan with the Champagne Bar?

Will more ships get rid of it? Am I the only one who will miss it?

The Champagne Bars are on their way out.

Liberty will most likely get an R Bar during her refurb next January. Indy will probably get one whenever her refurb is. That's the same for all of the Voyager Class ships...as they go through a dry dock, they lose the Champagne Bar in favor of the R Bar. Jewel will probably lose her's in favor of Vintages during her dry dock next year. Radiance may be the only ship with a Champagne Bar, unless they do another major refurb any time soon.

Like you, we enjoyed the Champagne bar, but we had been regularly sailing Navigator out of Galveston and they also converted to the R-bar last year. We missed the tapas that were previously available but found the R-bar to be fun as well, and we really enjoyed all the specialty drinks they prepared. We had drink packages so we could try whatever we felt like, which was nice. We find the bartenders typically make the bar experience for us, and those guys were fun company...

What is an R-bar? Thanks

Going on Liberty shortly (Champagne Bar), please explain difference between Champagne Bar and R Bar. Thanks.

Different style of bar and drinks. This is how Royal describes it:

R Bar, featuring a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy and personable mixologist

On our Radiance OTS a couple weeks ago, a high-ranking staff member confirmed Champagne Bars are being phased out for R Bars. I, too, am a fan of the Champagne Bar but am hoping the R Bar is more like Alchemy on Carnival.

I love the Champagne bar. I hate how it has transformed even from the late 90's when you were served caviar nightly and other hot foods as well as chocolate covered strawberries. It was very elegant and made you feel special. Of course, I love champagne so that helped. I don't like Boleros and I haven't experienced the R bar, so I'm not sure about that. The pub would be my second choice with the pool bar and Schooner close behind. I have no interest in the Bionic Bar.

Edited by depplep
typo

I'm going to miss the champagne bar too.

I've not been sailing long enough to know the caviar nights etc, but it was a really nice place mid-ship to have a glass of bubbles before dinner with friends.

Boleros and R-Bar seem too noisy and 'destination bar' for my liking. It wouldn't be so bad if every ship had a Vintages, somewhere you know you could go for a good glass of wine and champagne.

Take Explorer for example. They've just refurbished her - she still has no Vintages installed, and Champagne Bar has been turned into R-Bar.

SIGH.