Illusionarium on NCL Getaway

salesmansam

I am wondering if the show Illusionarium on the Getaway is still free to those with the Unlimited Dining Plan who will be attending the first night performances. I have read several times on Cruise Critic that it was free with the UDP if going on the first day of the cruise. I have tried to talk with some NCL cruise consultants about this but they seem to be in the dark about the process. can anyone who has recently sailed on the Getaway give me an update?

I am wondering if the show Illusionarium on the Getaway is still free to those with the Unlimited Dining Plan who will be attending the first night performances. I have read several times on Cruise Critic that it was free with the UDP if going on the first day of the cruise. I have tried to talk with some NCL cruise consultants about this but they seem to be in the dark about the process. can anyone who has recently sailed on the Getaway give me an update?

I am very interested in the answer to this also. Some posters in recent threads have said it is no longer free. I booked the UDP 7 months ago when I booked my cruise, when it was included the first night.

So, in getting the UDP, not only do we get charged for Illusionarium the first night (when we wanted to go) but we "lose" one of our dinners that night. Win-win for NCL, lose-lose for us. Stinks!

So, in getting the UDP, not only do we get charged for Illusionarium the first night (when we wanted to go) but we "lose" one of our dinners that night. Win-win for NCL, lose-lose for us. Stinks!

I am not 100% sure but if you have the UDP (unlimited) i do not think you will lose one of your dinners. i have read reviews were they stated they went back for dinner to a specialty restaurant after the show because they did not like the food at the show. if you have the SDP (specialty) which is different package, yes you will lose a dinner because that one counts at one per day.

It is like $22.11 for regular seating and $26.00 for floor seating, and those are with the discounts if you have the UDP. 25% more if you don't.

We are leaving on the Getaway this week and was one of those who did get the promotion UDP and saw it change halfway. BUT, I know they change things, so don't mind.

It is like $22.11 for regular seating and $26.00 for floor seating, and those are with the discounts if you have the UDP. 25% more if you don't.

We are leaving on the Getaway this week and was one of those who did get the promotion UDP and saw it change halfway. BUT, I know they change things, so don't mind.

I'm not sure what prices you are quoting, but the upcharge for those with UDP is $10/15. If you don't have the plan it's $25/30, with taxes we paid just over $35 for the upgraded seats:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in all Specialty Steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Japanese, and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

•The Supper Club - $15

•Ocean Blue - $15

•Bayamo - $15

•Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway

•Sushi -$7

•Raw Bar - $7

•Pincho Tapas Bar - $7

What is the difference between the Unlimited Dining Plan and Speciality Dining Plan? It sounds like there is still a discount if a person has one of these plans. Anyone explain? Also, is the discount only on day one or on any day?

What is the difference between the Unlimited Dining Plan and Speciality Dining Plan? It sounds like there is still a discount if a person has one of these plans. Anyone explain? Also, is the discount only on day one or on any day?

Some are confusing the UDP (Ultimate Dining Plan) with the SDP (Specialty Dining Plan). The UDP was replaced by the SDP, but those that got it will still have it honored. It was for the length of the cruise and included unlimited dining in the Specialty Restaurants, meaning you could eat at more than one Specialty restaurant on any night of the cruise. There were no options of getting a shorter plan like the SDPs now offer. For a 7 day cruise, the UDP cost the same as the 7 day SDP, but discounts with it weren't as good. For the Illusionarium, while regular seats and preferred seating were $24.99 and $29.99 respectively, (with the 18% gratuity, they cost $29.49 and $35.39) with the UDP you saved 25%, so they would cost $22.12 and $26.54 with gratuity included. With the SDP, you pay a $10 or $15 upcharge, depending on what type of seating you wanted, but you also give up a day of dining in a specialty restaurant, unlike with the UDP where you can still go to a Specialty restaurant after the show. Since the daily cost of the SDP is $20.06 for a 7 day plan, and even more for fewer day plans, you have to count the daily plan cost as well as the $10 or $15 upcharge as the Illusionarium cost if you're using your SDP for it. That makes the cost of regular seats with the 7 day SDP $30.06 and $35.06, more expensive than the regular price for regular seats, and only $0.33 cheaper than the regular cost of preferred seats. Any SDP for less than 7 days are even more expensive per day, so those won't save you anything at all on Illusionarium. You'd be better off paying for Illusionarium separately if you have the SDP, but if you have the UDP, you can save on the cost and still have dinner somewhere. For both the UDP and SDP the day of the cruise doesn't matter, the costs are the same no matter which day you go since they no longer give free admission for those with the UDP.

Edited by Sandman799

Granted, we were not on the UDP when we sailed on the Getaway last December, but we found it to be a good "dinner and a show" deal.

It's a fun show. We showed up less than an hour early and still had better seats (right along the stage) than some of the Haven people who showed up 15 mins before first course.

In my opinion, it's worth it.

I'm not sure what prices you are quoting, but the upcharge for those with UDP is $10/15. If you don't have the plan it's $25/30, with taxes we paid just over $35 for the upgraded seats:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Thank you both for your answers. It surely won't break the bank for us to pay the $10/15. Shouldn't complain, as we got the UDP for the $119 they used to charge - haven't charged us for the difference yet, and we paid off the cruise in April. Looking forward to a great week on a great ship!

Thanks for all the information above. Since we are signed for the Ultimate dining Package, if we make advance reservations will I be charged the full amount or will the 25% discount be refunded later, or should I just wait until we are on board to make the reservation?

Thanks for all the information above. Since we are signed for the Ultimate dining Package, if we make advance reservations will I be charged the full amount or will the 25% discount be refunded later, or should I just wait until we are on board to make the reservation?

You'll be charged with the 25% discount. For our tickets for the premium seating, we were charged $26.54 each. Regular seats would cost you $22.12 each with the discount.

Just a little tip if you want a fun picture...wear green

After the show you can take a picture with the hostess in front of a green screen. They then replace the green with the Illusionarium. Well if wear green you will match the background.

DD dress what white with big green flowers the flowers matched at first I saw the picture and said I didn't know you had a dress that matched and then I realized what happened. We looked at other peoples pictures and saw floating heads and hands. Just kind of fun and different

11817118_10205539536502684_6851934874734618766_n.jpg?oh=0340f6119ea2909623664fb4780a92de&oe=564B7726

• 1 month later...
Some are confusing the UDP (Ultimate Dining Plan) with the SDP (Specialty Dining Plan).....

Aha - I searched UDP on the NCL site and noticed that it no longer stated that Illusionarium was included on the first night. Came in here for confirmation and was getting really confused - until I saw this Love that I can come here and get the information I need....

Now I know I can make reservations any night, pay the discounted price, and if dinner sucks, go elsewhere with my UDP. Thanks!

So i booked last dec for the getaway in jan next year. I made final payment yesterday and specifically asked about the Illusionarium being free on the first night and was told yes after i read the t and c of the udp when i booked to them. That being said i cant reserve anything until 100 days out so ill find out for sure then.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So i booked last dec for the getaway in jan next year. I made final payment yesterday and specifically asked about the Illusionarium being free on the first night and was told yes after i read the t and c of the udp when i booked to them. That being said i cant reserve anything until 100 days out so ill find out for sure then.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We did the same. If you book online it will charge you. If you call reservations, they will book it for you for free.