Status Match program

Licisca

Submitted Carnival Diamond And got MSC Black the day after I booked the cruise. So I immediately called their toll free number and they applied my 5% while I was on the phone. I was really impressed with their Customer Service so far.

Haven't gotten cabin numbers yet but they said within a week of booking...so by Wednesday hopefully.

Barb

We got our Royal diamond status matched to Black. Only took a few days, very pleased with with the service level.

The 3 year expiry is a bogus policy, so we'll make no attempt to actually retain our status. I know there will be times in the future where we will have gaps in our cruising plans. 3 years is such a short time. But we'll likely try MSC once, as they go some places Royal doesn't.

I re-submitted my form yesterday & got an answer today! Status Matched to Silver. :)

So if you haven't heard back on your Status Match application, I guess you can submit it again.

Sigh. I resubmitted on 8/16 and nothing. I have a cruise in four weeks and was hoping to have this sorted out but apparently it'll be a dog and pony show.

Sigh. I resubmitted on 8/16 and nothing. I have a cruise in four weeks and was hoping to have this sorted out but apparently it'll be a dog and pony show.

Did you book with a TA or with MSC? Instead of just using the form call them up to try and expedite it.

Did you get a little message box that said it would take 2-3 business days to click on after submitting? I don't recall that happening the first time I submitted my request, but I got that box the 2nd time.

Here's to you getting the good news today :D

Did you get a little message box that said it would take 2-3 business days to click on after submitting? I don't recall that happening the first time I submitted my request, but I got that box the 2nd time.

Here's to you getting the good news today :D

I emailed the form because the website doesn't work for me.

I hadn't heard anything either so I called. They said they were in a backlog due to the demand. They gave me an email address and asked me to email them to follow up. 2 days later I received an e-mail with my "Black" status letter attached. The email address is: mscclubusa@msccruisesusa.com

Once I got the email I contacted my TA and got the 5% discount applied.

Good Luck!

I hadn't heard anything either so I called. They said they were in a backlog due to the demand. They gave me an email address and asked me to email them to follow up. 2 days later I received an e-mail with my "Black" status letter attached. The email address is: mscclubusa@msccruisesusa.com

Once I got the email I contacted my TA and got the 5% discount applied.

Good Luck!

Thanks. Just tried to resend to that email. I had someone at MSC reaching out to contact the department to find out what is going on because the MSC rep said it should have definitely been done by now even with the backlog.

However, I'm not certain they will actually credit you that many points. They may, but they may also just grant your status level, but you still start from 0 points. You just get the higher 'benefits' for longer, while you work your way up.

I was status matched from Marriott Platinum to MSC Black, and I now have 10k points in my account. I had a MSC Club card previously but only a few sailings which I don't think accumulated anything since they were chartered music cruises.

Good morning:

We are Platinum on Carnival. I submitted our status upgrade five days ago, and received our new status match on MSC. We are now gold with them.

I filled out the form and attached a screenshot of my current Carnival status. No problems at all.

I got an email today matching me to Silver. The attachment includes my MSC number. However, I have no idea how I am meant to log in on the MSC website and see my new status, as I don't have a password or anything. Can anyone help?

You would do a password recovery from the login screen.

Finally got the status match. I sail in basically 29 days. I wish they had done this before i booked this cruise for the 5% discount but it'll be there next time. Already discussing a northern baltics cruise for 2017 of some sort, if they offer anything that way.

So far we have the following matches

CRUISE LINES

Royal Caribbean:-

Platinum goes to MSC Silver;

Diamond and above goes to MSC Black

(By deduction I would expect Emerald to go to Gold)

Celebrity:-

Elite and above goes to MSC Black

Princess:-

Elite goes to MSC Black

Carnival:-

Platinum goes to MSC Gold

Diamond goes to MSC Black

NCL:-

Platinum goes to MSC Black

Disney:-

HOTEL CHAINS

Hyatt:-

Marriot:-

So far we have the following matches

CRUISE LINES

Royal Caribbean:-

Platinum goes to MSC Silver;

Diamond and above goes to MSC Black

(By deduction I would expect Emerald to go to Gold)

Celebrity:-

Elite and above goes to MSC Black

Princess:-

Elite goes to MSC Black

Carnival:-

Platinum goes to MSC Gold

Diamond goes to MSC Black

NCL:-

Disney:-

HOTEL CHAINS

Hyatt:-

Marriot:-

Carnival Gold is Silver

As a first time MSC cruiser, I would like to take this time to thank Sker52 for all his information concerning MSC and the Divina. Thank you, Thank you.

Very kind of you.

I'm very happy to be able to help people with their concerns and hope that any information I can pass on to them will help improve their cruising experience with MSC.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Skier52: I am so glad the baton has been passed to someone else to be the cheerleader for MSC! It is a much different set of cruisers now than 6 years ago when I was one of the few that posted regularly here in my staunch support of our favorite cruise line. I am so glad others are seeing it for what we saw so many years ago.! You have been right here helping others and answering questions. It was my passion for awhile but I got beat up so much by nay sayers I have been backing away. It is thrilling to see how many positive reports there have been and MSC is really targeting many new cruisers to enjoy the MSC experience.

-Cori