Status Match program

Licisca

Skier52: I am so glad the baton has been passed to someone else to be the cheerleader for MSC! It is a much different set of cruisers now than 6 years ago when I was one of the few that posted regularly here in my staunch support of our favorite cruise line. I am so glad others are seeing it for what we saw so many years ago.! You have been right here helping others and answering questions. It was my passion for awhile but I got beat up so much by nay sayers I have been backing away. It is thrilling to see how many positive reports there have been and MSC is really targeting many new cruisers to enjoy the MSC experience.

-Cori

I enjoy passing on info and am reasonably adept at creating images and uploading/downloading them, or, scanning and uploading them

I make a point of collecting as many useful pieces of paper with info on as well as many menus and price lists I can persuade crew to let me have.

I store all the info in files , each cruise has it's own file (or sometimes two).

Here is an image of the files with assorted menus , drinks lists , deck plans etc.

P1020585.jpg

I'm also of Italian extraction , my Paternal grandfather was Italian.

And to date have never had a bad cruise with MSC, nor had problems with any of the crew. You just have to treat them with respect, use their names to address them, and exersise patience when the are speaking what to the majority of them is a foreign language. i have on occasion had below par food , but that is the same with other lines I''ve been on.

So all in all I'm one of MSC greatest fan, up until they shafted BLACK CARD holders in the recent revamp of the MKSC club benefits. iT remains to be seen whether they continue to offer such great value for money as I've had in the past

I think I got one of the best bargains ever when I did the UK to RSA repo (21 nights) on OPera for £639pp including transfers and flights back to the UK, direct on BA, in a Fantasica OV cabin

Still proud to be an MSC fan

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I knew you would be an incredibly organised person, Pete. It shows by the way you have the information at your fingertips, so to speak, when you answer others' questions so promptly.

I agree with you re the shafting of Black card holders. Each time I check out an itinerary, now, the immediate thing that comes to mind is that there's only 5% discount on the price AND that's being offered to practically everybody so it's built into the price to begin with. It really has impacted on my approach to MSC. I know I'll never to be fooled into thinking that loyalty counts for anything with them, again, though they still seem to be cheaper than other lines. I'll know after next January whether Celebrity is better value or just dearer!

I am now Platinum with Royal, and MSC gave me silver, which is fine, but I will be emerald with Royal at the time of the cruise. Does anyone know how to change this with MSC? Also, though off topic, what are the best specialty restaurants on the Divina for the Caribbean? I know this is subjective, and I promise I won't blame anyone if I don't agree.LOL

According to MSC's terms you can't. The status match is a once only activity.

That, plus the fact that status expires after a few years, is why I didn't request a status match for my wife. I figure that if I like MSC enough to return we might be a higher level with Celebrity by then.

You would do a password recovery from the login screen.

When I go to recover my password it says 'insert your username' and then my secret question and answer. I have neither of these, and if I try inserting my email it says 'Your username is not valid. Please enter a valid username.'

What should I do now?

When I go to recover my password it says 'insert your username' and then my secret question and answer. I have neither of these, and if I try inserting my email it says 'Your username is not valid. Please enter a valid username.'

What should I do now?

You could try re-registering with a different email, it has worked for some people before

Just an update- I looked at my cruise confirmation booking reservation email and it shows the member level obtained from status match as the level. It still shows as "welcome" member for the one person they've yet to complete a match on. I didn't expect to see the reservation updated with a sailing 26/Sept

This the answer I had on Facebook about Loyalty match in the UK.

Hello Mal,

Apologies but no, the status match scheme is currently not available in the UK. When it does launch, we will be announcing it both on our website and Facebook/Twitter so please check back.

Thank you,

MSC

The reply I had three weeks ago said it has not even been discussed in the UK! no good to me though would still be Gold.

Pete ... I noticed that the MSC website when I log in has reverted to my old email address! if you recall I had to change it over a year ago.

Edited by sidari

• 1 month later...
HOTEL CHAINS

Hyatt:-

Platinum goes to MSC Black

Marriot:-

Platinum goes to MSC Black

Just to note, I applied using my Hyatt Platinum card and I was only given MCS Gold status, so not sure why someone else would have been upgraded to Black?

Sent off my application as a UK resident for the programme today - will let you know how I get on!

It's not well publicised on their website so here's the link:

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/MSC/Status-Match-Programme.aspx

Looks like it's only for new customers, I am already a member so will see what they say.

Edited by Captain-John

Sorry I haven't read all the previous posts so not sure what has been said already. I booked a cruise yesterday - the first day of the new status match for UK customers - couldn't have the "guaranteed" 5% discount or even the cabin upgrade that I would get with Celebrity because supposedly I was paying for inside and getting a balcony cabin (don't think that was true either). So seems like it's not worth the paper it's written on.

If anybody knows different, I would love to hear.

It has probably been posted, but Platinum on Carnival is Gold in Voyager. I was about one cruise from getting gold anyhow, but I'm not complaining.

They did enter my birth date incorrectly (month and day reversed), which caused a bit of an issue trying to get a quote for the next cruise.

This idea is still a kick in the teeth for those who remained loyal to MSC.

Giving people who have never sailed with MSC the same benefits as those who have built them up is deceitful on the part of MSC.