Status Match program

Licisca

I don't know but I have included a screen shot of the two schemes side by side.

You may have to press Ctrl and the PLUS SIGN together a couple of times to zoom in to read it.

You go back with Ctrl and the MINUS SIGN.

You can make an informed guess as to which is closer to NCL Gold ;MSC SILVER or MSC GOLD

MSC%20NCL.jpg

I have not cut off any benefits to either scheme they are all shown

Many thanks. Maybe silver, could be gold, will find out in March !

I emailed the form over a week ago (I'm elite w/Princess)...should I have heard something by now? Not sure how long it takes.

I emailed my form, waited a week, called and was told to wait 2 weeks. After three weeks I emailed them and finally was told they had not received the form. I emailed the form again and on day 4 received my black card number. A little frustrating but finally got the match.

I'd email to check if they received your request. Most likely you will have to resubmit. Having to resubmit seems to be SOP.

I emailed my form, waited a week, called and was told to wait 2 weeks. After three weeks I emailed them and finally was told they had not received the form. I emailed the form again and on day 4 received my black card number. A little frustrating but finally got the match.

I'd email to check if they received your request. Most likely you will have to resubmit. Having to resubmit seems to be SOP.

Welcome to the wonderful world of MSC customer service. It's an adventure in itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I have resubmitted the form on the website, What email address do I use to submit by email??:confused:

Thanks very much! Sorry for the delayed response.

-Russ

I have resubmitted the form on the website, What email address do I use to submit by email??:confused:

This is a cut and paste from an earlier post of mine on page 3 of this thread

THis a quote from the application form

Quote:

Instructions:

Print the registration form.

Complete and sign the form (all fields are mandatory).

Scan the completed form and your existing membership card to voyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

You will receive an e-mail confirming the successful completion of your loyalty match and your MSC Voyagers Club

membership number***

Pete

I am assuming it's the same email address now as it was in July

Pete

I sent both match request submittals through the portal. I emailed my cruise planner, asking her to check on the status of my request. I did not email the form to her.

After my second submission through the portal, I had the match information in 4 days.

...I just sent in the match request for DH... day 2. Let's see how long it takes this time.:rolleyes:

Vicki

I sent both match request submittals through the portal. I emailed my cruise planner, asking her to check on the status of my request. I did not email the form to her.

After my second submission through the portal, I had the match information in 4 days.

...I just sent in the match request for DH... day 2. Let's see how long it takes this time.:rolleyes:

Vicki

My first submission was on 12/11 and I just submitted a second time yesterday, so hopefully that does the trick. I was anxious and booked Seaside without it yesterday, however the agent said I can call back and apply the benefits once I get approved.

Thanks for posting your experience...I hope mine is similar after the second submission.

I don't really follow my status benefits because I have been jumping from line to line for recent cruises but if I am Emerald on Royal, would it be worth it to sign up with MSC? I am taking a 7 night cruise with them in January of 2017.

Edited by familycruzer

I don't really follow my status benefits because I have been jumping from line to line for recent cruises but if I am Emerald on Royal, would it be worth it to sign up with MSC? I am taking a 7 night cruise with them in January of 2017.

From an earlier post of mine on this thread

So far we have the following matches

CRUISE LINES

Royal Caribbean:-

Platinum goes to MSC Silver;

Diamond and above goes to MSC Black

(By deduction I would expect Emerald to go to Gold)

If you go back one page you will see the benefits listed. So you can decide for yourself whether they are worth applying for. though if you continue to sail with MSC you can get to Black fairly easily.

Nothing special on the GOLD level.

In Fact nothing special on the BLACK (anymore). gone is the 20% discount off virtually any MSC cruise price you could find(GOLD was 10%).

And what is more any old tom, dick , or harry can have a card now. No working your way up to BLACK like some of us did.

Just a kick in the teeth for loyal MSC guests (mostly from Europe)

Edited by Skier52

In Fact nothing special on the BLACK (anymore). gone is the 20% discount off virtually any MSC cruise price you could find(GOLD was 10%).

And what is more any old tom, dick , or harry can have a card now. No working your way up to BLACK like some of us did.

All in pursuit of stealing a few customers from other lines! :mad:

So true, Pete!

On my recent TA on Divina, the crew really made a thing of my Black Card holder status (which surprised me, TBH, as I've been at that level for a few cruises and hadn't experienced it before. Even our cabin steward insisted that I was a VIP because of it, LOL!). With the introduction of the cruisecard reflecting the level, it was obvious for all to see. How will they differentiate between newbies and loyal MSC customers from now? I'm Black almost twice over now and it matters not a whit! It certainly has dispelled the myth that loyalty to the brand was recognised and rewarded!

I can understand those that might be frustrated who earned Black status the hard way. I'm at the highest levels for Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Cunard, Princess, NCL, and Carnival. I earned them all the hard way. I did do the status match program for MSC and received Black. I have to say it did entice me to book another cruise with them, this time on the new SEASIDE. I'll admit I probably wouldn't be too happy if the lines I earned the highest status on offered a similar status match program to MSC.

Edited by eroller

I only got Silver for my Celebrity Select status, but that entitled me to a 5% discount on the cruise (that I had paid published fare direct from MSC on). That could be reason enough!

MSC status expires after 18 months of inactivity and only one of you needs status for the discount, so I didn't get my wife any matching status; I will hold off until our next cruise just in case.

I only got Silver for my Celebrity Select status, but that entitled me to a 5% discount on the cruise (that I had paid published fare direct from MSC on). That could be reason enough!

MSC status expires after 18 months of inactivity and only one of you needs status for the discount, so I didn't get my wife any matching status; I will hold off until our next cruise just in case.

Not quite correct

Your membership expires 3 years after your last cruse with MSC.

In addition any level of membership, except "Welcome" entitles you to 5% discount.

Here is a cut and paste from the T&Cs

1.5 Length of Membership

MSC Voyagers Club Membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every three

years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruise

has been completed in 3 years after the enrolment date, membership to the MSC

Voyagers Club programme will expire.

For example: if the last disembarkation date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed

by 30.01.2018, the membership will expire.

If the registration date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed by 30.01.2018, the

membership will expire.

Pete

Could the 18 month status for a cut off point be for those who have had their status matched I wonder ? and three years for those who are regular customers.

I'm wondering the same thing. I just went back and checked my 'welcome' letter from my loyalty match August and there is no text to that effect. In fact, no Ts & Cs type text at all. At Pete posted, the FAQ and Ts and Cs on the website only refer to the 3 year term.

I think I'll take a cruise in April just to be safe. :)

We are Elite (status not self importance!) with Celebrity. Scanner wasn't working so copied form, filled it out and posted it off to the London address. Two days later had an email with our black card number. So far, so impressed!

I sent an e mail on Monday with a screenshot of our Celebrity Elite Plus status along with the scanned forms and received an e mail today with our black card numbers.

The perks are not as good as Celebrity /Royal but the Yacht Club experience is looking pretty tempting. Just need to persuade my other half now!

• 1 month later...
Now I'm confused having read this thread-information overload. 😊

So have not taken my first cruise yet with MSC but did get the Black tier via loyalty match.

We will be in Yacht Club.

So is this loyalty match only good for the first cruise and then we start at the bottom?

We accumulate no points for this cruise but would for subsequent Cruises starting from 10,000 points? Sorry if this is repetative.

It took me a month of online input, emails and being bounced around from Voyager services to get the match. Made it today with talking with a supervisor Clarification appreciated

I am silver right now on MSC with 2600 points.

I am booked in the YC in Dec. I have applied for the received the status match for my NCL status and received MSC black. I have not yet applied it to my dec YC booking.

If I don't use it for this cruise, I will get 1500 pts plus what I get for on board spending which may bring me up to gold.

If I use the status match, I won't get any points for this cruise but will start at 10,000 for my next cruise?

I don't see any disadvantage to using it for this cruise.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks for your help

Lois

I am silver right now on MSC with 2600 points.

I am booked in the YC in Dec. I have applied for the received the status match for my NCL status and received MSC black. I have not yet applied it to my dec YC booking.

If I don't use it for this cruise, I will get 1500 pts plus what I get for on board spending which may bring me up to gold.

If I use the status match, I won't get any points for this cruise but will start at 10,000 for my next cruise?

I don't see any disadvantage to using it for this cruise.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks for your help

Lois

bumbling this back up to get some input on my previous post to make sure i understand the status match correctly.

Lois

My husband already had obtained Black with a status match so I decided this morning to try to get the same with my Le Club Accor platinum card I received my email confirming I also had Black, this took only one hour to process and on a Saturday! We are now so looking forward to our first Cruise on MSC Divina at the end of April. As we are both now Black do we get double benefits? Eg 2 chocolate ships!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app