Status Match program

Licisca

This idea is still a kick in the teeth for those who remained loyal to MSC. I second that sentiment

Giving people who have never sailed with MSC the same benefits as those who have built them up is deceitful on the part of MSC.

Don't forget they downgraded the benefits as a first cynical move; gone was the 20% discount; gone was The special meal with officers; they replaced the champagne with prosecco and only 1 bottle per cabin not 1 per guest.

But you do now get a chocolate ship.

Pete

PS perhaps other lines might reciprocate. oops was that a flying pig i just saw :p:):)

Edited by Skier52

Pete ... Costa yesterday sent out an email detailing their new club but with an extra level and a few additions, not sure if they have removed anything yet, anyone with an ounce of common sense at MSC would have done the same ie added a new level beyond Black.

I am sure that customers of RCI would not be happy if the cruise line gave Black card members of MSC Diamond Plus for their first booking with them!

Pete ... Costa yesterday sent out an email detailing their new club but with an extra level and a few additions, not sure if they have removed anything yet, anyone with an ounce of common sense at MSC would have done the same ie added a new level beyond Black.

I am sure that customers of RCI would not be happy if the cruise line gave Black card members of MSC Diamond Plus for their first booking with them!

RC Diamond Plus members are never happy. Ever!

RC Diamond Plus members are never happy. Ever!

Not true at all, I'm very happy to have got my black status match for my upcoming MSC cruise:)

Seriously though, it does seem unfair to loyal MSC cruisers to give newcomers the same thing, not much loyalty shown back to you. And yes I would feel a bit annoyed if RCL did the same thing.

Julie

Don't forget they downgraded the benefits as a first cynical move; gone was the 20% discount; gone was The special meal with officers; they replaced the champagne with prosecco and only 1 bottle per cabin not 1 per guest.

But you do now get a chocolate ship.

Pete

PS perhaps other lines might reciprocate. oops was that a flying pig i just saw :p:):)

Iwonder how big the chocolate ship is lol ,

True Costa have added two new levels to their club. Some benefits have been water down, i.e. discounts.

The main change is that only accummulated points over the LAST THREE YEARS count towards the membership level. This is due to start in 2016, so cruises taken in 2013, 2014 & 2015 will decide your membership level, end of 2016, cruises taken in 2013 willfall off and cruises taken in 2016 will be added in. So your membership will could go up and down like a yoyo.

This is called the new loyalty program, where is Costa's loyalty to it's past customers.

This big

P1010381.jpg

Pete

Wow, thats not bad :), I see you have sailed MSC Fron South Africa, thats and Japan is next on our list.

We changed over from Cunard for that reason, they just dont sail where we want to go now and RCL is getting too far loyaltiy segrregated , if that makes sense, goodness what some people will do for free glass of wine is amazing.

we like the MSC way .

Now I hope im getting one the chocolate ships next week:)

True Costa have added two new levels to their club. Some benefits have been water down, i.e. discounts.

The main change is that only accummulated points over the LAST THREE YEARS count towards the membership level. This is due to start in 2016, so cruises taken in 2013, 2014 & 2015 will decide your membership level, end of 2016, cruises taken in 2013 willfall off and cruises taken in 2016 will be added in. So your membership will could go up and down like a yoyo.

This is called the new loyalty program, where is Costa's loyalty to it's past customers.

With the present Gold Pearl (their top level) starting at 13001 points (earned at the rate of 100 points/night and 40 points/€52 spend), it'll mean an average of 43 nights per year cruising with them to maintain gold level never mind move up to the new diamond level.

you could substitute ~ €125 spend for 1 night on board

Edited by Skier52

I hope it is dark chocolate!!!

Can anyone explain the tasting menu that black card holders also get? What options on Divina? On one rewards breakdown it says complimentary specialty dinner for two, and on the other it says " members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 during the cruise, Eataly Restaurant Italia excluded!"

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

I hope it is dark chocolate!!!

Can anyone explain the tasting menu that black card holders also get? What options on Divina? On one rewards breakdown it says complimentary specialty dinner for two, and on the other it says " members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 during the cruise, Eataly Restaurant Italia excluded!"

Dark would be good, always helps me sleep:) but it would last a while I think

I am not sure if I missed a post or two! Can anyone confirm what status do you need on Celebrity or RCCI to receive a black card on MSC?? Thanks Carol

Diamond on RCL and I'd imagine Elite on Celebrity

Diamond on RCL and I'd imagine Elite on Celebrity

Oh! I will have to find a friend to help me with the download etc. We are sailing December 5th so maybe have the black card by then at present we are gold thanks Carol

Hi All

Thanks for posting this thread.

We're taking our 1st cruise with MSC next month after spending a day visiting an MSC ship whilst it was in Southampton last year (but have gotten a little bored and wanted to try and new line).

I noticed this and decided to look it up on Saturday. We're Elite with Celebrity so sent off the email Saturday evening to the Status match email address.

11am this morning, we have an email confirming our status as Black and our membership e cards. Very impressed.

Although, I also get that existing loyal customers will be miffed as they've built up loyalty over the years. I would too be annoyed and a little put out if people who came onto Celebrity for their first cruise were given Elite status.

But it is good idea for those wishing to try a new cruise line but didn't want to miss out on some of the perks built up but I totally get the frustrations of those who do remain loyal.

Hi All

We're taking our 1st cruise with MSC next month after spending a day visiting an MSC ship whilst it was in Southampton last year (but have gotten a little bored and wanted to try and new line).

I noticed this and decided to look it up on Saturday. We're Elite with Celebrity so sent off the email Saturday evening to the Status match email address.

11am this morning, we have an email confirming our status as Black and our membership e cards. Very impressed.

Although, I also get that existing loyal customers will be miffed as they've built up loyalty over the years. I would too be annoyed and a little put out if people who came onto Celebrity for their first cruise were given Elite status.

But it is good idea for those wishing to try a new cruise line but didn't want to miss out on some of the perks built up but I totally get the frustrations of those who do remain loyal.

Hi there what did you use as proof of status please Carol

Hi there what did you use as proof of status please Carol

Hi Carol

I printed out the part of My Celebrity which shows our status, name, address, points etc. I logged into My Celebrity and then clicked on Captains Club along the top which gives you an overview of your profile (including membership number).

Hope that helps

Hi All

Hi again, could you please talk me through the process as I am us

Es with computers. I need an idiots guide as I don't understand half of the terminology!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hi again, could you please talk me through the process as I am us

Es with computers. I need an idiots guide as I don't understand half of the terminology!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I printed out and completed the form on the MSC voyagers club status match. Then log into "My Celebrity" on the celebrity cruises website, click on Captains Club at the top and then print that page (or save to your computer). I then scanned both the completed form and the print of the Captains Club page into my laptop and sent them by email to the address quoted on the form.

I printed out and completed the form on the MSC voyagers club status match. Then log into "My Celebrity" on the celebrity cruises website, click on Captains Club at the top and then print that page (or save to your computer). I then scanned both the completed form and the print of the Captains Club page into my laptop and sent them by email to the address quoted on the form.

Thank you I think I may be able to do this wish me luck X thanks again