Where has December 2016 gone?

1of4

I have been waiting to book a cruise for the holidays 2016.

HAL doesn't seem to be interested. I have been waiting for months and now if you search on the HAL website if you input the date of Dec 2016 only 1 cruise comes up. If you skip the date and chose a few destinations, duration, etc and then go back and look at dates the schedule jumps from November 2016 to January 2017.

I am thinking I will ask my TA to look at other options as HAL keeps saying "next week". Well since May I have lost count how many times I have heard this delay tactic. We need a cabin that sleeps 4 and there are just not enough of them to wait much longer.

Edited by 1of4

We're tired of waiting as well. I just go to the front page of the HAL site and choose Advanced Search. Then, I select Caribbean and December. I click the find button. After that, I sit back; say "C'mon!" and wallow in the disappointment.

It's really bizarre. Advanced sales are incredibly important to the bottom line and they're cutting off their own and allowing guests to flock to Celebrity and Princess. While Princess' bookings won't hurt HAL's bottom line since it's the same company (they can say otherwise but it's the same company today) it's a really weird and IMO terrible business style.

Fleeting planning is done 2-4 years in advance. Not having bookings open 16 months out is just crazy foolish.

We're tired of waiting as well. I just go to the front page of the HAL site and choose Advanced Search. Then, I select Caribbean and December. I click the find button. After that, I sit back; say "C'mon!" and wallow in the disappointment.

You always bring a smile!

Sorry I did not see your thread on the same topic when I started this one. Sometimes my reading is very questionable as I swear I looked before I started mine.:rolleyes:

I agree! I have going nuts trying to book for next year. Like some of you I have been given the creeping delay story for months. June then July and now August.

I need an HC room and I know they will be gone in a flash. I Haven't sailed with HAL for decades and I wanted to try them but this is nuts.

You can look at the online Ebrochure and see the ships and dates but you can't book a cabin.

4boysnana

Perhaps they are sunsetting more old ships, I'm sure that takes a while to dot the I's.

Even if they are, the should certainly be able to post the itineraries for the Vista and the Signature ships. It seems structural, as in some sort of computer issue.

Even if they are, the should certainly be able to post the itineraries for the Vista and the Signature ships. It seems structural, as in some sort of computer issue.

They share a system with Princess directly (same software, sane server room I'd venture). Princess has itineraries out.

Me too. I am starting to look elsewhere. But really want to see what HAL has to offer.

Susan

I, too, have been waiting for HAL's Holiday 2016 sailings for a long time - since this past January. If memory serves, last year the 2015 Holiday cruises were released in May or June. Too bad it's not the case this year. Furthermore, the lack of December 2016 cruises available makes it hard to pinpoint where ships will be around the holiday time. I'm especially interested in the holiday sailings on the Amsterdam and Prinsendam, but have no idea where they will be.

If I'm being honest, I know I won't end up booking with another line, but I am getting impatient with HAL right now.

Infi,

The Cruise Atlas shows, December 21, Amsterdam will board for 14 day Panama Canal cruise and then ready for Grand World Voyage.

Prinsendam will return from South America to FLL for16 night holiday cruise boarding December 18 and then Grand South America and Antarctica.

Edited by sail7seas

December 21st the Zuiderdam has a 7 day Christmas western cruise or a 7 day eastern cruise leaving on the 28th or the combined b2b for a 14 day cruise.

Not in December 2016 on the Holland America site. It's only the Koningsdam. There are a few Australia & New Zealand cruises, but nothing in the Caribbean bar the Koningsdam.

Not in December 2016 on the Holland America site. It's only the Koningsdam. There are a few Australia & New Zealand cruises, but nothing in the Caribbean bar the Koningsdam.

POA,

Did you check the Cruise Atlas?

POA,

Did you check the Cruise Atlas?

Yes, but we'd actually like to book a family trip, so it needs to be in the system. We could print out the page for the sailing we want and staple our FCD confirmations to it, but it wouldn't be the same.

I'm sure we will. It's not like anyone else can book it either.

Exactly what my Seattle TA tells me. She is checking everyday. I can see the one I want on the on-line atlas....but still locked.

I am picturing the old scenario of the rat and the cheese....but which one is the rat?????