Suite Guarantee and Premium Drinks/Internet

HouseRulz

Why are UK rules for both cabin guarantee and deposit loss so different from those over here in the Colonies? Is it UK law, or just the way X does business in the UK?

The poster you replied to is from the UK and unfortunately here we are unable to do that. We can be put back in the guarantee pool once for reassignment, but more often than not end up back in the cabin just vacated. We can't request a move to another available cabin within the same category when a GTY rate applies.

Phil

Can you change your pick now?

A couple of weeks I had asked my TA if I could change my 123 Go! pick I made when we did an on board booking back in January 2015. The new cruise is for Jan 2016. Also, I haven't made the full payment yet either. He was able to change my pick from $200 OBC for the cabin, to the classic drink package.

I have to agree with your assessment. What it says is that if you have the premium package in your RS you can select either the obc or free gratuities.

When I booked for September only one pick was available. I picked the obc not realising that I should have picked the gratuities.

Reread his original post. As I read it, he booked a Suite GTY with the GoBest package and wondering if by chance he is upgraded to a RS, will he get a refund for the GoBest as the RS comes with the Premium Beverage Package and unlimited internet.

Please read the OP's comments on post #3. Cathycruises highlighted the situation correctly. OP did originally book an S2 and then switched to the Suite GTY. He could be reassigned back into the same S2 cabin since it is still showing available.

I figure the way I plan to handle it is ask the Concierge once on board for extra OBC, and if they say no tell then I want a second SeaPass card with the classic beverage package so I can get 2 drinks at a time, 1 premium and 1 classic, so I can share.

After All I booked the all-in package with all-in 123 and a suite that has its own perks so the perks should include both a premium and classic beverage package.

So refund the value of the unused classic package, or give me OBC or let me use the benefit I paid for.

How successful I will be, that will be tested in October on Summit repo to San Juan :D

I am afraid I agree with Janestarr because they use the same phrase for the CS in the same paragraph.

However, as we are in the same position as you, I am interested in the outcome in October. Keep us informed.

The poster you replied to is from the UK and unfortunately here we are unable to do that. We can be put back in the guarantee pool once for reassignment, but more often than not end up back in the cabin just vacated. We can't request a move to another available cabin within the same category when a GTY rate applies.

Phil

Hi,

I have only done a GTY once, in Aqua, the UK travel agent

told me I couldn't change within the category, I phoned

Captains Club here in the UK and the allocated me a

Better cabin, I would suggest as many have said on here

If at first you don't succeed ring again, however

Captains Club have always resolved the few and I mean few

Issues I have ever had 👍🏻

Can you change your pick now?

A couple of weeks I had asked my TA if I could change my 123 Go! pick I made when we did an on board booking back in January 2015. The new cruise is for Jan 2016. Also, I haven't made the full payment yet either. He was able to change my pick from $200 OBC for the cabin, to the classic drink package.

I am not sure if I could change it now. It has all been paid in full.

Please read the OP's comments on post #3. Cathycruises highlighted the situation correctly. OP did originally book an S2 and then switched to the Suite GTY. He could be reassigned back into the same S2 cabin since it is still showing available.

Thanks, Got it. My apologies to Cathy. Yes, he could get an S2 in a terrible location on the ship, i.e. right under the coffee machine of the Buffet area with carts rolling from above on the tile floors at all times during the day. :eek:

Edited by Wine-O

Why are UK rules for both cabin guarantee and deposit loss so different from those over here in the Colonies? Is it UK law, or just the way X does business in the UK?

It has a lot to do with bout cultural custom and a bit to do with the consumer protection regulations int eh UK.

In Europe, people are just simply accustomed to buying packaged vacations, and deposits that are non refundable in many areas of the travel realm. SO Celebrity in the UK just "does as the locals do".

Their consumer protections as related to cruising, really only apply if they bought a package that includes the cruise and hotel &/or air together, except for interruptions to travel once underway.

However in the USA, we rarely book any hotel room that is non refundable or paid up front, our culture and custom demand flexibility.

Another factor may be just simply sheer numbers. IN the case of we cancel, we have a far larger number of potential replacements for our cancellation due to our population (320 million) versus the UK (64 mill).

Thanks for the answer. I was just curious.

It has a lot to do with bout cultural custom and a bit to do with the consumer protection regulations int eh UK.

In Europe, people are just simply accustomed to buying packaged vacations, and deposits that are non refundable in many areas of the travel realm. SO Celebrity in the UK just "does as the locals do".

Their consumer protections as related to cruising, really only apply if they bought a package that includes the cruise and hotel &/or air together, except for interruptions to travel once underway.

However in the USA, we rarely book any hotel room that is non refundable or paid up front, our culture and custom demand flexibility.

Another factor may be just simply sheer numbers. IN the case of we cancel, we have a far larger number of potential replacements for our cancellation due to our population (320 million) versus the UK (64 mill).