Suite Guarantee and Premium Drinks/Internet

HouseRulz

Currently booked in a suite guarantee with the GoBest pkg. I'm assuming that if our assignment ended up being an Royal (4 of the 10 suites left are Royals, with the rest Sky) we would not get any sort of credit back.

Does anyone think/know whether having already paid for these perks makes it more likely we will get an RS? Or perhaps less likely to avoid people asking the question in my first paragraph? Or just totally random?

I doubt that your perks on account would be any consideration. Though who knows the magic formally to cabin assignments.

However the Suite Perks FAQ does state that people in RS will get extra OBC to make up for the beverage package under the 123 program, so I would think the same would apply here - so they have already answered the question relative to "what about value for my beverage perk that I'm not getting." so they don't need o avoid such situations, as they are prepared for them. My guess is this is a conversation with e Michaels Club concierge once on board to make happen.

You will definitely not get any refund of the BBB paid up front.

One thought may be, they upgrade whoever has paid the most to date, so perhaps as you took all 3 BBB, you paid more than other GTY assignments. Ot maybe the earliest bookers get it, or maybe the highest level Captains club members get them, or maybe they leave the RS all open to do deep cleaning of the cabins while under voyage..

But again, who knows - its all voodoo.

This is my dilemma.

The price difference from the S2 I originally booked to the W with GoBest was only 30$/pp, so I jumped on it.

Then I realized that paying $270 more pp for Internet and the upgraded drink pkg was an iffy value proposition. However, if it increases the chances of a better cabin, it becomes a good value proposition. Especially since the only S2 cabin to be available for the last two months has been the one I vacated when I changed my booking.

I'll probably just wait and see...

I doubt that your perks on account would be any consideration. Though who knows the magic formally to cabin assignments.

However the Suite Perks FAQ does state that people in RS will get extra OBC to make up for the beverage package under the 123 program, so I would think the same would apply here - so they have already answered the question relative to "what about value for my beverage perk that I'm not getting." so they don't need o avoid such situations, as they are prepared for them. My guess is this is a conversation with e Michaels Club concierge once on board to make happen.

You will definitely not get any refund of the BBB paid up front.

One thought may be, they upgrade whoever has paid the most to date, so perhaps as you took all 3 BBB, you paid more than other GTY assignments. Ot maybe the earliest bookers get it, or maybe the highest level Captains club members get them, or maybe they leave the RS all open to do deep cleaning of the cabins while under voyage..

Yup! All of the above:o

This is my dilemma.

The price difference from the S2 I originally booked to the W with GoBest was only 30$/pp, so I jumped on it.

Then I realized that paying $270 more pp for Internet and the upgraded drink pkg was an iffy value proposition. However, if it increases the chances of a better cabin, it becomes a good value proposition. Especially since the only S2 cabin to be available for the last two months has been the one I vacated when I changed my booking.

I'll probably just wait and see...

I don't think you have a problem since you can downgrade your booking from Go Best if you are assigned a Royal Suite, as long as it's not too close to final payment (I forget how many days before is the limit -- maybe 20??).

Jane

I don't think you have a problem since you can downgrade your booking from Go Best if you are assigned a Royal Suite, as long as it's not too close to final payment (I forget how many days before is the limit -- maybe 20??).

Jane

I had no idea this was the case. Thanks so much for that information.

I had no idea this was the case. Thanks so much for that information.

The time limit for downgrading your Go! choice is up until 10 days before your cruise. Here's one of the places I saw this:

The situation has been resolved. They have retrained the X reps. You will in fact be able to upgrade or downgrade the BBB on bookings made after July 6th at anytime up to 10 days prior to sailing for the $15 or $45 depending on what package you want. There is no change in base fare unless you change cabin categories...

All you need to confirm is that they don't count you as "changing cabin categories". You're still in a "suite guarantee", so I would *assume* :rolleyes:you shouldn't logically have any problem downgrading if a RS is assigned outside of the 10 days from final payment.

Jane

PS You're very welcome!

Edited by JaneStarr

However the Suite Perks FAQ does state that people in RS will get extra OBC to make up for the beverage package under the 123 program, so I would think the same would apply here - so they have already answered the question relative to "what about value for my beverage perk that I'm not getting." so they don't need o avoid such situations, as they are prepared for them.

Was the highlighted section a typo? If not, can you let me have the link, please?

Sorry, I have never looked at these guarantees before. Could you not end up back in the cabin you originally booked? Or are you guaranteed something better?

If you book a Suite GTY, you will be assigned a Suite -- you just never know which one you will get until Celebrity assigns.

They won't tell what you get when they assign. You have to keep checking "My Celebrity" to see if the cabin is assigned.

Once a cabin is assigned and there are others in the same category available you may change. A lot of people will do that because of the location on the ship.

Sorry, I have never looked at these guarantees before. Could you not end up back in the cabin you originally booked? Or are you guaranteed something better?

With a guarantee booking, you are only guaranteed a cabin in the class you booked. ie. veranda, concierge, or suite. Usually you end up with the lowest category in that class.... but sometimes not.

I always book guarantee when they are available and I have always been satisfied. The 'strategy' is to be willing to accept the worst room in that category, just in case. I usually book at least concierge class guarantee as with veranda, you may end up obstructed view.

If you book a Suite GTY, you will be assigned a Suite -- you just never know which one you will get until Celebrity assigns.

They won't tell what you get when they assign. You have to keep checking "My Celebrity" to see if the cabin is assigned.

Once a cabin is assigned and there are others in the same category available you may change. A lot of people will do that because of the location on the ship.

Once you've been assigned a room, can/does Celebrity ever change that assignment without your knowledge/request? Or once you receive a room assignment are you pretty much locked in unless you take some action to change it? We just got assigned a RS from a CS GTY booking, so we're of course eager to hold onto it!

Once you've been assigned a room, can/does Celebrity ever change that assignment without your knowledge/request? Or once you receive a room assignment are you pretty much locked in unless you take some action to change it? We just got assigned a RS from a CS GTY booking, so we're of course eager to hold onto it!

Once you are assigned/upgraded to a RS, they won't move you, unless, of course, they ask you if you would like to be upgraded to the PH. If you find another RS that is available on the other side of the ship, you may change to that RS.

Seems like the OP COULD be assigned the S2 he just vacated!! Right???

Sounds to like he either booked a Suite GTY or upgraded to a Suite GTY. Either way, he could get almost anything. If there are RS's available, Celebrity could upgrade a current CS to the RS, a current S1 to a CS, and/or a current S2 to an S1.

We upgraded from AQ to a Suite GTY and we were assigned an S1 back aft on Reflection. I would have rather been in an S2 -- more closet and drawer space than an S1.

Was the highlighted section a typo? If not, can you let me have the link, please?

I MAY Be misinterpreting the very last item in the Suite Perks FAQ, but this is where I get that idea from:

Q: With regard to the Future Cruise desk, do we still offer Suite Class guests the same “evergreen 123Go” offer?

A: Yes, absolutely. While guests traveling in Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites already receive complimentary Premium Beverage Packages as part of their “Suite Class” amenities, those guests are still entitled to choose either the extra OBC or free gratuities. Other suite types (Sky, Celebrity and Signature Suites) are able to choose from a Classic Beverage Package, the extra OBC or free gratuities.

The poster you replied to is from the UK and unfortunately here we are unable to do that. We can be put back in the guarantee pool once for reassignment, but more often than not end up back in the cabin just vacated. We can't request a move to another available cabin within the same category when a GTY rate applies.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I MAY Be misinterpreting the very last item in the Suite Perks FAQ, but this is where I get that idea from:

Curt,

I see how it could be interpreted it that way, but I *think* they just mean the regular OBC option. Perhaps, they call it "extra" because it is in addition to the "Instant OBC" you geting for booking a "Cruise Now" while on-board?

I asked about this aboard Summit last Oct, and was given a blank stare.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

Curt,

I see how it could be interpreted it that way, but I *think* they just mean the regular OBC option. Perhaps, they call it "extra" because it is in addition to the "Instant OBC" you geting for booking a "Cruise Now" while on-board?

Jane

I figure the way I plan to handle it is ask the Concierge once on board for extra OBC, and if they say no tell then I want a second SeaPass card with the classic beverage package so I can get 2 drinks at a time, 1 premium and 1 classic, so I can share.

After All I booked the all-in package with all-in 123 and a suite that has its own perks so the perks should include both a premium and classic beverage package.

So refund the value of the unused classic package, or give me OBC or let me use the benefit I paid for.

How successful I will be, that will be tested in October on Summit repo to San Juan :D

I figure the way I plan to handle it is ask the Concierge once on board for extra OBC, and if they say no tell then I want a second SeaPass card with the classic beverage package so I can get 2 drinks at a time, 1 premium and 1 classic, so I can share.

After All I booked the all-in package with all-in 123 and a suite that has its own perks so the perks should include both a premium and classic beverage package.

So refund the value of the unused classic package, or give me OBC or let me use the benefit I paid for.

How successful I will be, that will be tested in October on Summit repo to San Juan :D

Looking forward to that report, Curt!

I wish you good luck!

They really don't seem to have thought through the options for combining upper suite booking with promos, even for non-solo cruisers. Cruising solo at 200% should certainly provide extra consideration.

Jane

Curt,

Jane

I have to agree with your assessment. What it says is that if you have the premium package in your RS you can select either the obc or free gratuities.

When I booked for September only one pick was available. I picked the obc not realising that I should have picked the gratuities.

I have to agree with your assessment. What it says is that if you have the premium package in your RS you can select either the obc or free gratuities.

When I booked for September only one pick was available. I picked the obc not realising that I should have picked the gratuities.

I wonder if Celebrity would let you change your pick, given that Suite gratuities have increased from $15.50 to $16.45 PP/night.

Might be worth inquiring.

Jane

Sounds to like he either booked a Suite GTY or upgraded to a Suite GTY. Either way, he could get almost anything. If there are RS's available, Celebrity could upgrade a current CS to the RS, a current S1 to a CS, and/or a current S2 to an S1.

We upgraded from AQ to a Suite GTY and we were assigned an S1 back aft on Reflection. I would have rather been in an S2 -- more closet and drawer space than an S1.

I understand, but he gave up an S2 for the Suite guarantee. Since an S2 IS a suite, he could be reassigned that same room, but be paying more for it. Granted the risk is small since his upcharge was minimal, but it's still a distinct possibility.

OP, please come back and let us know how you fare!!!

I understand, but he gave up an S2 for the Suite guarantee. Since an S2 IS a suite, he could be reassigned that same room, but be paying more for it. Granted the risk is small since his upcharge was minimal, but it's still a distinct possibility.

OP, please come back and let us know how you fare!!!

Reread his original post. As I read it, he booked a Suite GTY with the GoBest package and wondering if by chance he is upgraded to a RS, will he get a refund for the GoBest as the RS comes with the Premium Beverage Package and unlimited internet.