B2B on Oasis delivers the WOW

We just concluded a B2B on the Oasis and were very impressed with all aspects of the ship. We have completed a dozen cruises on the Oasis/Allure vessels but this was the most impressive because of the recent addition of COASTAL KITCHEN, the SUITES LOUNGE, the production of "CATS", and the combining of D, D+, and PC into one lounge.

COASTAL KITCHEN: dining in the Coastal Kitchen enhanced our cruise experience far more than we expected. The EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE provided by its management, wait staff, and chefs combined with the culinary offerings made this venue superior to dining on all other Royal ships. We were impressed during each and every visit. We only went to the Main Dining Room 3 times in the 14 days. (We also dined at Chef's Table, Chops, and Giovanni's).

SUITES LOUNGE: The amazing concierges Allan Fajardo and Nadia Escobar Paez were warm, kind, and active in their effort to make ALL lounge guests feel welcome as they worked tirelessly to satisfy all who entered. Bar service was available from 11am to 11pm.

DIAMOND LOUNGE: The exceptional concierge Ian Jordan did a masterful job of providing services to the D, D+, & PC guests. He combined time at his desk with circulating throughout the room offering his friendly style of helpfulness. Enforcement of appropriate dress on Formal Night was appreciated as well as the child-free atmosphere from 5:00PM-8:30PM.

CATS: We enjoyed "Cats" on Broadway and were just as impressed with this production seeing the show three times while on board. The cast was very talented and we were able to understand almost every word that they sang. Some of the cast members gave concerts in Dazzles and Jazz On 4.

THE OFFICERS, STAFF, AND CREW: Captain Trym Selvag and his marine and hotel officers were visible every day of the cruise. We were amazed at the creative ways they used to make themselves available to guests. The entire crew was friendly with the Guest Services Team and Cruise Director Staff being especially impressive.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

Edited by beachnative

We just concluded a B2B on the Oasis and were very impressed with all aspects of the ship. We have completed a dozen cruises on the Oasis/Allure vessels but this was the most impressive because of the recent addition of COASTAL KITCHEN, the SUITES LOUNGE, the production of "CATS", and the combining of D, D+, and PC into one lounge.

COASTAL KITCHEN: dining in the Coastal Kitchen enhanced our cruise experience far more than we expected. The EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE provided by its management, wait staff, and chefs combined with the culinary offerings made this venue superior to dining on all other Royal ships. We were impressed during each and every visit. We only went to the Main Dining Room 3 times in the 14 days. (We also dined at Chef's Table, Chops, and Giovanni's).

SUITES LOUNGE: The amazing concierges Allan Fajardo and Nadia Escobar Paez were warm, kind, and active in their effort to make ALL lounge guests feel welcome as they worked tirelessly to satisfy all who entered. Bar service was available from 11am to 11pm.

DIAMOND LOUNGE: The exceptional concierge Ian Jordan did a masterful job of providing services to the D, D+, & PC guests. He combined time at his desk with circulating throughout the room offering his friendly style of helpfulness. Enforcement of appropriate dress on Formal Night was appreciated as well as the child-free atmosphere from 5:00PM-8:30PM.

CATS: We enjoyed "Cats" on Broadway and were just as impressed with this production seeing the show three times while on board. The cast was very talented and we were able to understand almost every word that they sang. Some of the cast members gave concerts in Dazzles and Jazz On 4.

THE OFFICERS, STAFF, AND CREW: Captain Trym Selvag and his marine and hotel officers were visible every day of the cruise. We were amazed at the creative ways they used to make themselves available to guests. The entire crew was friendly with the Guest Services Team and Cruise Director Staff being especially impressive.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for your review of the Coastal Kitchen. We will be suite sailing the Oasis on Halloween. From all that we have heard it looks like the Coastal kitchen will be our main fare.

I agree wholeheartedly with your review. Coastal Kitchen and the Suites lounge are fantastic. The quality of the food and service were exceptional. Manager Vane and hostess Evangeline run Coastal Kitchen like a fine Swiss watch, and the same holds true for concierges Allan and Nadia in the lounge. I now look forward to Oasis coming to Port Canaveral, and sailing on Oasis more often.

I have not seen Cats, so I cannot comment. Bad knees preclude sitting that long to watch anything.

Curious about how the menu changes in CK midweek? We plan on many breakfasts there and 4-5 dinners. No Main Dining Room for us this cruise. There seems to always be conflicting reports about bar service in the SL. Also wondering if you know when the bar service starts on the Suite Sundeck.

Thanks so much for all your info.

Generally speaking you needed to make reservations no later than the afternoon of the day you wanted to dine there. But, I was able to do a walk up at the last minute once during my cruise. It probably depends upon the time you like to dine. I was there at 6:00 p.m. when it opened, dining later without reservations may be more difficult.

Could you get last minute reservations for Coastal Kitchen? Did it seemed crowded?

For the first half of the B2B we made reservations for dinner either during breakfast or while in the Suites Lounge in the evening. We made a standing 6:30 reservation for every night of the second cruise (and cancelled if we booked a Speciality Restaurant). There was never a problem being seated.

It never seemed crowded…almost full but definitely not crowded.

The menu was the same for the first 4 nights then changed to a different one for the last 3. During the two weeks, we repeated some of the items because they were so good.

Edited by beachnative

There is one menu change, midweek. I believe it was on Wednesday. As to bar service I only sat at the bar, so it was excellent. However, I did observe some folks who had to come up to the bar on occasion to get served in a timely manner.

Beachnative, we totally agree with your review on the Coastal Kitchen & Suites Lounge, they were fantastic. We only went to the MDR once that week, also went to the Solarium Bistro and Giovanni's

Irishgal, as far as getting last minute reservations they are very accommodating, but I would suggest getting reservations ahead of time

When you say bar service do you mean full bar or just beer wine and soda from 11-11. Thanks

When you say bar service do you mean full bar or just beer wine and soda from 11-11. Thanks

There was no charge for beer, wine, and soda from 11-11. Mix drinks were also available for a charge (or drink package).

It was peaceful up there because the entire area was accessible only to those with a gold key card….the view was stunning.

Did they ask that you consume the drinks in the lounge?

Nothing was ever said if we had a drink in hand and left for a show.

The bar is the original one for the Viking Crown but refurbished. IMHO it is the best bar on the ship for atmosphere.

The staff up there treats gold card guests like they are kings and queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by beachnative

Nothing was ever said if we had a drink in hand and left for a show.

The bar is the original one for the Viking Crown but refurbished. IMHO it is the best bar on the ship for atmosphere.

The staff up there treats gold card guests like they are kings and queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, appreciate the info.