Ncl spirit cancelled from December 2016 to April 2017.

Baby Jayne

Surely the logic is.

Spirit returns to Europe winter cruises out of Barcelona to canaries (which Epic has taken over this year).

Epic returns to USA to take over Spirits run.

Star moves to Australia via Asia world repo cruise.

Bliss launches in Summer 2017 based out of Barcelona what Epic has been doing whilst Epic stays in USA.

I booked this months ago. Spirit April 2017. Beverage package with free gratuities, not the new diluted one where you pay the 18%. Will they honor that?

I also have Star booked November 2016. I am afraid that too will be cancelled. I have a suite with all the perks on that for an excellent price. I'm sure it can't be reproduced. I am new with NCL and getting a little annoyed with this stuff.

My options to replace Transatlantic on Star:

1. 13 day from Barcelona to Port Canaveral aboard Epic - 30th Oct

2. 14 day from Barcelona to Tampa aboard Jade- 30th October

As the dates have changed I would like to know what the itineraries are now and have so many other questions. Hope they've got extra people on the switchboards!

IMHO, either ship is better than Star for the TA. Jade has the forward Observation lounge (that Star lost in 2010 dry dock), and Epic has excellent vibe for the TA crossings - plenty of dining venues, bars, people, slides, activities, etc.

We went on two TAs on the Epic and loved each time.

Also, Epic has the best Garden Café in the fleet. IMHO.

Edited by bluesea777

Received this email today and totally disappointed. It's still showing available on the website and it seems the Epic will be taking its place. Does anyone have any information?

Dear Valued Guest & Travel Partner:

On Monday 03 August 2015, Norwegian Cruise Line will announce exciting and exotic new itineraries for the Fall/Winter 2016/2017 deployment, bringing the world to guests who want to explore new sights while experiencing the freedom and flexibility that only Norwegian Cruise Line can offer.

As a result of the scheduling changes, Norwegian Spirit's 7-Day Caribbean sailings from 03 December 2016 to 17 April 2017 are no longer available. We sincerely apologise for these cancellations and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Select any of Norwegian Epic's 7-Day Caribbean sailings from 12 November 2016 to 25 March 2017 and your cruise fare will be protected.

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until 30 April 2017 at the selected sailings current published fare.

The new itineraries will be open for sale later this month, but will be exclusively available to you beginning, Monday 17 August 2015. To take action on your reservation, please contact us on 0845 201 8907 (opt #2). We look forward to hearing from you by Monday 24 August 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. If we do not receive a response by then, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation. Yours Sincerely,

UK Guest Services Norwegian Cruise Line

I don't know if disappointed would be the word I would use, but if your heart was set on sailing the Spirit and that itinerary I can understand. I am pretty excited to see what new itineraries are going to be offered. I hope you can find something that will get you all excited. Good luck.

I disagree. It's bait-and-switch.

We booked Epic in January for 2017 with KSF/UBP/UDP included in the fare.

If we're offered same cruise at same price as the rest of your note suggests, fine.

But changing to any-other-cruise is not a fair option, even if they toss in a measly $50 OBC.

They've held our deposit seven months.

In the meantime, we've missed out on other deals because we thought we had a cruise booked.

I'm sure we have no legal recourse; their contracts are written with many company-friendly loopholes. But it's poor practice to offer something for sale, attract a god-faith buyer, and then say "we're cancelling your cruise, thanks for the use of your $2500 deposit, go find yourself something else!"

Sorry I happen to think your statement is way over the top. If you really think it is bait and switch, I guess you would think any change in itinerary would be. Ships have to change distenations from time to time: I don't care which ship. I, for one, would love to see more and newer Caribbean ports. If they had switched on you 3 months out, I would understand but they are giving you over a year's notice. What % of passengers do you think actually book that far out?

Of course you have no legal recourse, even if you did, don't you think that is totally over reacting? What would your solution be as to when cruise lines can change itineraries?

Edited by newmexicoNita

We were looking forward to a TA on the Spirit November of 2016. I realize most would prefer the Epic but we love the Spirit and had a nice aft suite booked.

Apparently NCL is not giving back the deposits for the cancelled bookings until Aug 17th which is pretty annoying.

Surely the logic is.

Spirit returns to Europe winter cruises out of Barcelona to canaries (which Epic has taken over this year).

Epic returns to USA to take over Spirits run.

Star moves to Australia via Asia world repo cruise.

Bliss launches in Summer 2017 based out of Barcelona what Epic has been doing whilst Epic stays in USA.

Craig - That's very logical thinking. What about the Norwegian Sun though? I could've sworn amongst all these threads that the Norwegian Sun was getting impacted. It's nice to see the Epic is coming back. The Spirit would be a great choice for Asia as she was originally designed for Asia! I would love to sail on her over there. Time will tell what the itinerary shuffle is going to do. However, if they're pulling out of South America again as it's too expensive - I'm going to be sad. :( I couldn't get SA to workout this season so was hoping for next season. However, Asia is a BIG motivator to leave SA in the dust! :D

Looks like the Spirit is going to Asia and or Australia. Surprised the Epic is returning to the Caribbean.

They are giving 16 months notice so plenty of time to make a new plan ;)

Norwegian Spirit will replace Norwegian Epic as the brand's year-round European ship,

I disagree. It's bait-and-switch.

We booked Epic in January for 2017 with KSF/UBP/UDP included in the fare.

If we're offered same cruise at same price as the rest of your note suggests, fine.

But changing to any-other-cruise is not a fair option, even if they toss in a measly $50 OBC.

They've held our deposit seven months.

In the meantime, we've missed out on other deals because we thought we had a cruise booked.

I'm sure we have no legal recourse; their contracts are written with many company-friendly loopholes. But it's poor practice to offer something for sale, attract a god-faith buyer, and then say "we're cancelling your cruise, thanks for the use of your $2500 deposit, go find yourself something else!"

We also booked 10 night Christmas 2016 on Epic with UDP, UBP & Gratuities. Apparently will be offered a 7 night Christmas cruise on Spirit from Barcelona which I'm happy with provided a) it's cheaper! b) I get my "deals" honoured plus my $50 OBC! Waiting to hear from my CC on this. :confused:

Craig - That's very logical thinking. What about the Norwegian Sun though? I could've sworn amongst all these threads that the Norwegian Sun was getting impacted. It's nice to see the Epic is coming back. The Spirit would be a great choice for Asia as she was originally designed for Asia! I would love to sail on her over there. Time will tell what the itinerary shuffle is going to do. However, if they're pulling out of South America again as it's too expensive - I'm going to be sad. :( I couldn't get SA to workout this season so was hoping for next season. However, Asia is a BIG motivator to leave SA in the dust! :D[/

The SA Sun sailing are affected. Will start separate thread. Just off phone with NCL

Hi I know this is a good ship replacement but this is for my daughters wedding and I have been on the Epic and returning on the epic this April so really didn't want a 3rd time on it. I will have to call them but March isn't an option so think I may end up with a refund which is disappointing.

Though I still do not blame NCL for trying new territories, I totallly understand how d disappointed you must be. A childs wedding is such a special time for the entire family. I hope you can work something out. Keep us posted.

Sorry I happen to think your statement is way over the top. If you really think it is bait and switch, I guess you would think any change in itinerary would be. Ships have to change distenations from time to time: I don't care which ship. I, for one, would love to see more and newer Caribbean ports. If they had switched on you 3 months out, I would understand but they are giving you over a year's notice. What % of passengers do you think actually book that far out?

Of course you have no legal recourse, even if you did, don't you think that is totally over reacting? What would your solution be as to when cruise lines can change itineraries?

The solution is to not sell itineraries you have no intention of sailing.

Sail what you sell--keep your word to your customers.

Open new itineraries after fulfilling promises made.

We were looking forward to a TA on the Spirit November of 2016. I realize most would prefer the Epic but we love the Spirit and had a nice aft suite booked.

Apparently NCL is not giving back the deposits for the cancelled bookings until Aug 17th which is pretty annoying.

I will be calling this week about my cancelled Jade booking. Waiting until the 17th for a refund of my deposit is not acceptable...the cruise for which I gave them money doesn't exist any longer, and I don't expect NCL to continue to have the use of my money.

Our April 2017 cruise on the Epic has been cancelled as well. Options were to take this cruise by March 2016 at same rate and with perks intact or rebook any cruise before April 2017 at current rates with current perks.

Just got off the phone with NCL. 7 ships have been affected.

The same 10 day Canary Islands cruise is available in March 2017 but only at current rates, which they don't have yet. The service operators do not anticipate being able to hold currently booked amenities to anything requiring a rate change.

So - the options we were given?? Take our cruise 13 months earlier or start from scratch. Oh. $100 OBC given since we were booked in the Havens.

NOT happy. I see a class action lawsuit for bait and switch.

Edited by deety3

Our April 2017 cruise on the Epic has been cancelled as well. Options were to take this cruise by March 2016 at same rate and with perks intact or rebook any cruise before April 2017 at current rates with current perks.

Just got off the phone with NCL. 7 ships have been affected.

The same 10 day Canary Islands cruise is available in March 2017 but only at current rates, which they don't have yet. The service operators do not anticipate being able to hold currently booked amenities to anything requiring a rate change.

So - the options we were given?? Take our cruise 13 months earlier or start from scratch. Oh. $100 OBC given since we were booked in the Havens.

NOT happy. I see a class action lawsuit for bait and switch.

Bait-and-switch for sure, but I don't see a class action lawsuit.

Their cruise contracts are so full of loopholes, passengers are relying on NCL's good faith to deliver what they promise.

Good faith is in very short supply.

NCL was selling these cruises weeks ago when they already knew they'd never deliver them.

Deety completely agree with you! They've offered me my perks etc if I go this Christmas. That is out of the question for many reasons including the fact that we are doing the same cruise this Feb with 8 friends for my 60th! Would have really loved Christmas on the Spirit but with my perks included!

Deety completely agree with you! They've offered me my perks etc if I go this Christmas. That is out of the question for many reasons including the fact that we are doing the same cruise this Feb with 8 friends for my 60th! Would have really loved Christmas on the Spirit but with my perks included!

Mac, that's terrible.

No idea why NCL sell cruises if they don't intend to honour the voyage.

Craig - That's very logical thinking. What about the Norwegian Sun though? I could've sworn amongst all these threads that the Norwegian Sun was getting impacted. It's nice to see the Epic is coming back. The Spirit would be a great choice for Asia as she was originally designed for Asia! I would love to sail on her over there. Time will tell what the itinerary shuffle is going to do. However, if they're pulling out of South America again as it's too expensive - I'm going to be sad. :( I couldn't get SA to workout this season so was hoping for next season. However, Asia is a BIG motivator to leave SA in the dust! :D

It was so logical it was right :)

Just want to see the Bliss announcement. With Escape, Getaway, Breakaway on the East Coast year round and Epic in the winter that's a lot of new ships on that coast.

So guess they'll see how Star sells and I reckon Bliss will do a Summer in Europe then 2017/18 replace what Star is doing 2016/17.

Mac, that's terrible.

No idea why NCL sell cruises if they don't intend to honour the voyage.

I agree, thanks for supporting! No offers available for Dec 2016 not even able to get one offer out of four!

They tell us our cruise is cancelled but we have to wait 2 weeks for their offer. Then, they give us a week to make up our minds!

Come back Sheehan, leave us alone Del Rio!

I am so not a fan of the EPIC....i just didn't understand the toilet on one side of the spa suite and the shower on the other side...i was sharing the cabin with 2 friends...can you say AWKWARD? I'm very disappointed in this entire situation...I was very much looking forward to the particular cabin i booked. I think I'm going to be looking at the other cruise lines in the future. This was booked long long ago.....

I am so not a fan of the EPIC....i just didn't understand the toilet on one side of the spa suite and the shower on the other side...i was sharing the cabin with 2 friends...can you say AWKWARD? I'm very disappointed in this entire situation...I was very much looking forward to the particular cabin i booked. I think I'm going to be looking at the other cruise lines in the future. This was booked long long ago.....

I've got no problem with Epic. We did 2 week TA the a week W Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed it BUT we've all booked our choices only to find those choices have been taken away! I would be perfectly happy with changes if like for like, price for price, perks for perks, offers for offers!

I've got no problem with Epic. We did 2 week TA the a week W Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed it BUT we've all booked our choices only to find those choices have been taken away! I would be perfectly happy with changes if like for like, price for price, perks for perks, offers for offers!

Well put.

My party tends to use the ship as a place to eat and lay our heads--a floating hotel that gets us from point-to-point.

The crusher here that NCL sold these cruises long after they knew they weren't happening. We've been deceived.

Totally agree Shawnino! Think this thread will start to get more and more busy! They could solve this so easily. They always say, "tell us now, don't go home and put it on CC! Now they want us to put up with being treated like poo before we've evn sailed, but not complain! Sorry NCL, DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT!