epic to replace spirit in port canaveral?

dvdgunner

i have a cancelled april 2017 cruise on the spirit. does anyone no when the epic will have itinerary posted? I cannot believe the bad customer service! I have not heard a word from NCL about anything and have had to resort to cruise critic for all of the information. I have heard they will offer a 7 night on the epic as an exchange from my April 2017 easter break cruise. they will only exchange from november-march for the epic. i am trying to find out if that will include the february vacation or the christmas vacations are available since my daughter cannot miss school.Of course i don't know what is true or not since NCL will not give me any information not even a single email that my cruise is cancelled! I love the rate i received and now it appears it was a bait & switch!

i have a cancelled april 2017 cruise on the spirit. does anyone no when the epic will have itinerary posted? I cannot believe the bad customer service! I have not heard a word from NCL about anything and have had to resort to cruise critic for all of the information. I have heard they will offer a 7 night on the epic as an exchange from my April 2017 easter break cruise. they will only exchange from november-march for the epic. i am trying to find out if that will include the february vacation or the christmas vacations are available since my daughter cannot miss school.Of course i don't know what is true or not since NCL will not give me any information not even a single email that my cruise is cancelled! I love the rate i received and now it appears it was a bait & switch!

NCL won't give you any information? What did they say when you called them?

I don't understand :confused: one statement contradicts the other.

The OP stated they got the news about the cancellation from CC. They haven't had any notification from NCL.

There are a few of us in the same situation.

Oh, I see...multiple sources providing differing levels of information. Yes, that can be annoying, but it's also an easy situation to avoid.

Oh, I see...multiple sources providing differing levels of information. Yes, that can be annoying, but it's also an easy situation to avoid.

Yeah.

To be honest, NCL always take a while to send out emails, but I always get one in the end.

Seeing as we can't actually do anything until the new itineraries are available, it doesn't really matter anyway. I expect to hear from them sometime in the next week.

Just relax, they will contact you when they have booking confirmation of the new itineraries. Your vacation is a long way off!

Not sure whether that was directed about me, but I'm extremely relaxed about it. I'm keen to see the exact alternatives that I will have, especially as one of them looks a much better itinerary than I was originally booked on, but I'm happy to wait.

Some clarity would be helpful though. I only actually know my cruise has been cancelled as someone else on here has confirmed they have been emailed. If it wasn't for that then I still wouldn't be sure.

How do you avoid the situation?

Much like the old joke where the patient tells the doctor "Gee Doc, it hurts when I do this" and the doctor replies "Then don't do that." I'd just stop involving myself in the aggravating situation.

The OP's deal is with the cruise line, and that is who they should be getting their information from. No need to get this type of information from an Internet forum.

All the forum can offer is anonymous strangers offering rumor, conjecture, and speculation...and a HUGE lack of verifiable facts. Not only that, but forums are also a hotbed for people who just look to argue and debate over each and every little thing...and I don't think the OP wants to read these unhelpful back-and-forths.

Don't get me wrong, forums have their place and can be extremely useful...just not in cases like this. Strangers on a forum can't see the reservation, don't have the facts in front of them, and can't give a 100% guaranteed answer. And as helpful as they may wish to be, no matter what, the guest is still going to have to deal with the cruise line over the issue in the end.

Why not just get right to it? It's obvious that the OP, who has relied on information from a forum so far, isn't happy with the information received.

When schedules are juggled, thousands of reservations are affected. Thousands of people have to be contacted, thousands of people will be calling with questions, reps will have to listen to thousands of sob stories and complaints, and a huge number of reservations will have to be reworked...all of which takes a lot of TIME.

A little patience goes a long way. Especially in dealing with reservations that aren't going to happen for a year or more. People are welcome to do as they wish...and get worked up and aggravated in the process. My point was that I would not. YMMV.

OMG, there IS intelligent life on CC! Seashark, your post is the most logical, sensible thing I've read in the past month! Bravo! Okay, NCL may not have instantaneous communications with their customers but so many people on here think they should be first in line to be notified of any changes. So, to the OP.....sit tight. If you don't hear from NCL in a couple weeks, give them a call. Listening to conjecture and rumor will only add to your anxiety.

To be clear, as many people struggle to tell the difference, I am observing rather than complaining.

I certainly understand why it takes a while to contact everyone, and always work on it taking up to a couple of weeks to email everyone, but you would think that it would be easier than it is to find the information if you actively seek it out.

My cruise is still listed on myncl, and the future itineraries list that they are handing out onboard at the moment lists many cruises which will never happen. I was looking through that sheet yesterday with a couple who were considering future plans, and had to point out some of the cruises which I know are cancelled.

Again, not complaining, but pointing out what does seem a rather odd situation to me.

To be completely fair, SeaShark is somewhat incorrect in the first statement--there is no contradiction here. The OP has a cancelled cruise, even if NCL hasn't been in contact yet. According to NCL's press release, "Norwegian Spirit will offer a series of seven-, 10- and 11-day Eastern and Western Mediterranean sailings from November 2016 to May 2017." Given that, OP's original cruise on Spirit from Port Canaveral sometime in April 2017 has certainly been canceled, whether or not NCL has contacted OP.

I don't see why this was so difficult to understand. Regardless of the assumption (and likely reality) that OP was getting information just from CC, it's not necessarily true.

I understand what Seashark is saying but in regard to your cruise is over a year away; Yes in my case it was over a year away. The alternatives offered are 4 months away, creating a bit of a need to know. Also once those itineraries are posted we will have one week to rebook. I think that is a big issue for many. Many thousands of people trying to rebook within the week time frame and only so few staterooms left in the categories available. I would at least like to know if they will be emailing us the new itineraries to give a look to see what we can replace with for even the no price protection offers and the cost. Otherwise on the 17th we need to call and potentially remain on the phone for ten different quotes until we find a cruise? That would be a terrible waste of everyone's time and potential disaster tying up NCL staff trying to rebook. Call on the 17th is the answer everyone has. Lets hope on the 17th it goes well and we have some way to look at options vs. on hold with the ta, who then calls NCL, then back on phone with customer, then back to Ncl. Geez that would be a nightmare but I could see it happening.

To be completely fair, SeaShark is somewhat incorrect in the first statement--there is no contradiction here. The OP has a cancelled cruise, even if NCL hasn't been in contact yet. According to NCL's press release, "Norwegian Spirit will offer a series of seven-, 10- and 11-day Eastern and Western Mediterranean sailings from November 2016 to May 2017." Given that, OP's original cruise on Spirit from Port Canaveral sometime in April 2017 has certainly been canceled, whether or not NCL has contacted OP.

I don't see why this was so difficult to understand. Regardless of the assumption (and likely reality) that OP was getting information just from CC, it's not necessarily true.

Thank you for playing "argue and debate over every little thing". :rolleyes:

When a cruise is cancelled, the TA and/or NCL will send the guest a cancellation invoice...along with the refund. Being that the OP hasn't heard from NCL, I'm betting that they have neither a cancellation invoice OR a refund.

Unless you know different...for a fact.