Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

http://jis.gov.jm/royal-caribbean-commits-send-new-vessel-falmouth/

"Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL), the second biggest cruise line in the world, will be committing a fourth in the line of luxury Oasis-class vessels to the Caribbean, including Jamaica, a senior RCCL official has confirmed."

Lloyd thanks for sharing this article. Well this may also confirm that Miami will get an Oasis class ship, possibly Oasis IV when the new RCCL Cruise Terminal opens.

Edit

In reading through the article again, this paragraph quoted below also stood out. Notice the reference to size.

"The vessel, which is currently under construction and is yet to be named, will replace ‘Harmony of the Seas’ as the biggest cruise ship in the world and could be calling on the Port of Falmouth as early as 2018."

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Lloyd thanks for sharing this article. Well this may also confirm that Miami will get an Oasis class ship, possibly Oasis IV when the new RCCL Cruise Terminal opens.

Edit

In reading through the article again, this paragraph quoted below also stood out. Notice the reference to size.

"The vessel, which is currently under construction and is yet to be named, will replace ‘Harmony of the Seas’ as the biggest cruise ship in the world and could be calling on the Port of Falmouth as early as 2018."

Biggest is relative. Remember that Allure was "bigger" than Oasis. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree but thought it was still interesting that it was stated as if.....it will be. Who knows, she may well be north of 228K GT.

I couldn't open the article from my phone, I'll try again from laptop

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

"Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL), the second biggest cruise line in the world, will be committing a fourth in the line of luxury Oasis-class vessels to the Caribbean, including Jamaica, a senior RCCL official has confirmed."

That does not mean that one of the other Oasis class ships might not go elsewhere.

My apologies. Apparently this is false.

Tweet from Johnny Faevelen:

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

No problem.

Side note question. How our things, traffic and people coming to the port area to visit since Oasis moved to your neighborhood at PC?

Haven't noticed much change yet. I thought it would be worse. Especially with Epic here as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That does not mean that one of the other Oasis class ships might not go elsewhere.
My apologies. Apparently this is false.

Tweet from Johnny Faevelen:

Kinda reminds me of the whole Quantum "where will it be ported" thingy all over again.

In multiple reports...we know that at least one of the Oasis class ships will end up in the new Miami terminal...likely in the fall 2018-2019 season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article86473617.html

Beyond that... ;)

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

December 4 2016 - Oasis 4 in her new spot in the dry dock after she was floated to her new location on the night of December 2. Photos by Cyrille Quemard.

d493c2397b699911a8f171b832860f39.jpg

d4b2beda73f859fead54b452553ab44b.jpg

One of Oasis 4's funnel exhaust stack fairings

0e4cd7887321737790a7ecda3beba7a1.jpg

By the way ...

4cb7c83b0781118db2f0ceb9a2e6b2ca.jpg

5a704f14ccf9993619e2959a9a35e3e0.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555